New Training Ground?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

New Training Ground?

Post by Ratscoot »

Council are to “discuss” wanting to discuss this with Leeds :duno:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/10/10/ ... ve/353046/
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: New Training Ground?

Post by Cjay »

Cant fault the logic.

Footballers arent.the brightest . . . How many get lost between Elland Road and Thorp Arch :shock:

Moving it closer makes the search area smaller :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

...and shuts off the cash cow plus travel costs.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:...and shuts off the cash cow plus travel costs.
I hope our players pay for their own travel expenses :shock:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

The cash cow is the rent we pay, but it all depends if they all go independently to training or if they go from the ground on a coach.
I don't know how they do that tbh Leon.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Good luck parking their flash cars in Holbeck. Seriously it is an excellent development, and a good deal both for the club and the City. Incidentally, Mrs G went to school at Matthew Murray, and I had some interesting schools football matches there, including being locked in the dressing room, whilst what seemed like a full scale riot was taking place outside.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Good luck parking their flash cars in Holbeck. Seriously it is an excellent development, and a good deal both for the club and the City. Incidentally, Mrs G went to school at Matthew Murray, and I had some interesting schools football matches there, including being locked in the dressing room, whilst what seemed like a full scale riot was taking place outside.
Does the Matthew Murray school still exist Gandi ?
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote:Does the Matthew Murray school still exist Gandi ?
No, it was closed down and demolished in 2004.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Keep what we have is my view , the training ground we have is one of the best in the country , either buy it or re-negotiate a new rental , the players only come to Elland rd on match days anyway , the majority of the players live out Wetherby / Harrogate way as well

I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Keep what we have is my view , the training ground we have is one of the best in the country , either buy it or re-negotiate a new rental , the players only come to Elland rd on match days anyway , the majority of the players live out Wetherby / Harrogate way as well

I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

beer belly bert wrote:Keep what we have is my view , the training ground we have is one of the best in the country , either buy it or re-negotiate a new rental , the players only come to Elland rd on match days anyway , the majority of the players live out Wetherby / Harrogate way as well
Trouble is it is a category 2 and whilst we are only renting it there would seem little point spending the necessary money to make it to level 1 as there is no buy back option in place. It may also be that we wouldn't be able to convert the existing facilities into category 1 without having to buy more land and expand as well. Facilities also become outdated quite quickly, even ones considered state of the art at the time, and as such it is likely a much more sensible option to use the money to buy the cheaper land and build new than the amount it would cost to buy TA and do conversions etc.

Given that it appears we are also planning huge things around ER it makes much more sense to keep it all close to the Staium.