USA: We Stink on Ice

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

USA: We Stink on Ice

Post by John in Louisiana »

What does it say about a nation's football program when they can't even secure a draw with Trinidad and Tobago with a World Cup berth at stake?

With the hundreds of millions of dollars we've spent, to perform like this is utterly disgraceful.

Thank goodness the game wasn't televised in the US, otherwise I'd have thrown the set through the window.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: USA: We Stink on Ice

Post by Cjay »

Thats poor, specially a country of your size, surely must have plenty of good players in such a highly populated country?

Then again . . in 10 games against footballing powerhouses such as; Malta, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Lithuania, our millionaire superstars managed an earth shattering . . . . . .18goals . . between them . . . . 18!!!!!!!!!!

We only managed to put 4 past Malta . .AT BEST!!!!!!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I've been keeping track John and was very disappointed in that result - actually at a few results tbh.
It seemed a bright new world when Arena retook the helm but something's not quite right.
I feel for US fans - first time not qualifying since 1986 according to ESPN.
Dfuse
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Dfuse »

Unfortunately, it was televised in the US and it was terrible. They had no plan for this match after beating Panama, assuming it was a done deal. Terrible management, a lot of over the hill players. There were 1,000 people in the stands, maybe, and half those were US supporters. Pitiful. World Cup will still be great, but England has a lot of work to do. Time to get the focus back on LEEDS and a march toward promotion! #MOT
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

My son watched it and he said that they didn't seem like they were even trying.
They won 4-0 on Friday night and looked good.
Mexico and Costa Rico, first and second, had both to lose and the US had to lose, in order for them not to at least make the playoffs. T&T were bottom of the group. I suspect they thought they had already qualified.

Just to show you how much this matters here, I woke up this morning and listened to the first sports newscast of the day. The Dallas Stars won their first game of the season, the Las Vegas Knights displayed messages about the massacre instead of adverts around the rink, the NFL are still considering what to do about players kneeling during the national anthem, a union is going to sue the Dallas Cowboys because the owner says that players who kneel, won't play, the end.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'm surprised by this, 4/5 years ago the U S were making great strides and were becoming a force in football.
Where as it gone wrong?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

USA v England would have made an interesting discussion :roll:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Somebody advocating David Wagner for US Coach - actually he may not be a bad choice. He worked for Dortmund with Pulisic, is half American and was capped for the in the 90s 8 times.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Is it because you're playing on ice ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"