STRACHS GONE

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

STRACHS GONE

Post by beer belly bert »

Terminated his contract a month early by mutual consent,
Decent bloke just a sh1t manager
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
johnny wadd
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @jnicholson53

Re: STRACHS GONE

Post by johnny wadd »

he did well considering what he had to work with
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:Terminated his contract a month early by mutual consent,
Decent bloke just a sh1t manager
A perilous job
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I remember watching him on tv, legging it down the pitch with the commentator telling him to get his little legs going. He did, scored and then sat on the advertising hoardings with his arms folded at the kop end. Against Sheff Utd I tnink? Anyone else remembef? Was anyone at that game? :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:I remember watching him on tv, legging it down the pitch with the commentator telling him to get his little legs going. He did, scored and then sat on the advertising hoardings with his arms folded at the kop end. Against Sheff Utd I tnink? Anyone else remembef? Was anyone at that game? :lol:
Remember it well Swan

Gordon scored some cracking goals

The goal you highlighted about 3m 49s in this great Strachan footage

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Thanks for that 64....I was wrong about him folding his arms but right about him sitting on the barrier and it being the blunts...well it was a long time ago you know :lol:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

We ought to advise our player-finder team that one of our main priorities should be the acquisition of a relatively short, combative, red-haired Scotsman. In our 3 title wins we had one of those - a Captain who could, on occasion, get us a win against odds by sheer force of will. Billy's statue is at ER but GS ought to have, arguably, a slightly smaller one too imo. Billy was with us for many years and kept our boots tied. Gordon for less time but just as great an influence in the short time he was with us.

Both of them were superb players and captains, but didn't have the golden touch as managers. That doesn't make them any less spectacular than the giants they were for us.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

btw thanks for the video clip Leon - absolute class.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Norm wrote:btw thanks for the video clip Leon - absolute class.
Ditto and fans on the pitch oh my god the Health & Safety Brigade would be having a fit

Loved Strach as a player and a pundit, always likely to say something he shouldn’t :lol: but as a manager overall it’s not been the biggest success of his football career
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't