Leeds v Reading - Team,News,Reports & Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Reading - Team,News,Reports & Ratings

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:Lonergan came up for the corner
entire bench could have gone up for the corner, still wouldn't have scored
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

The form we currently find ourselves in is relegation fodder....and I'm not excitable, angry or pickled off....just very flat. Things need to change and fast! What on earth has gone wrong?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:The wheels have well and truly come off!!
We'll bin that comment :wink:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I feel ....let down recently and I'm probably the only one who saw this coming. Is TC safe?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:The form we currently find ourselves in is relegation fodder....and I'm not excitable, angry or pickled off....just very flat. Things need to change and fast! What on earth has gone wrong?
Very concerning Swan
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Thank You faaip for your (as usual) excellent coverage of the game. I'm just disappointed that you had to sit through that debacle!
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

What a pile of sh1te....totally gutless....the nightmare run continues....truly awful...hang your heads in shame.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Very concerning Swan
Indeed 64 :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I feel ....let down recently and I'm probably the only one who saw this coming. Is TC safe?
No !

Once a losing run sets in teams can go into a rut which ultimately ends up with the manager/coach sent packing
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote:I feel ....let down recently and I'm probably the only one who saw this coming. Is TC safe?
Me too faaip, and I too wonder re TC. The pressure is certainly on him now so we'll see what he's made of. As for the players? They seemed to go missing.....again!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We dont seem to press as well . Or pass as fast . Or have as much movement off the ball as we had before :(
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

OK lets see if we can raise some positives

Lonergan - 8 Excellent kept us in it, we lose that 2 or 3 - 0 with Weidwald in.
Ayling - 6 - The defence looks like it hasn't played together before. Reading can't score goals full stop but should have had 3 against us
Beradi - 7 - OK in defence one nice pass in attack but left footed crosses not good
Jannson - 7 - You know don't remember much about his game at all, certainly not his dominant self, can't recall any real errors
Cooper - 6 - Is regressing to last seasons form. We're reaping not properly addressing the position and captaincy pre season
Roofe - 6 - Some promising stuff but didn't really affect anything. Still one of our better forward players
Saiz - 8 - Slow start but I'm getting the feeling he feels he has to do it all and is getting disenchanted. There was quality again there today and won the penalty..didn't stop trying
Hernandez- 5 - Missed penalty and running into blind alleys down the left with little clue what to do with the ball other than try to beat everyone. He needs to play where Saiz plays ..we don't need both on matchdays
O'Kane - 6 - hardest one to mark as he does good things but then does horrible things. As I said earlier in the season he's a limited upside player who's probably best on the bench. Very limited defensive capabilities in that he affords the back 4 no protection at all
Phillips - 5 - typical performance for me absent most of the game but contributes in key circumstances. Could have scored in the 85th but ultimately another luxury player
Lassoga - 5 - Outclassed by the Reading defence, Roofe would have caused more problems with movement and tenacity

Dallas - ? - Bought on the share the blame, left way to late to change things
Grot - ? - Inches from scoring again on to late
Sacko - 6 - Offered nothing Roofe didn't bar a little extra speed but less talent and intelligence. Wasted sub

WHY NO KLICH?

TC - 4 - Poor subs, poor motivation, poor game plan
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

There's no true captain here, Cooper is a good captain but not good enough first team player
No protection at all for the back four, teams can just walk through our midfield..there's no Batty figure battling away. Vierra is the best we have but noticeably absent again today
Too many players playing out of position..is the championship the place to try to work total football. TC likes his utility players but it's just no working
Central defender come captain/Striker/Left back needed. which after adding 15 in the close season is shocking
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

That said I expected a rebuilding season with a new manager and a completely new squad dymanic. Think I said 10th to 12th. The good start had me fooled though but natural regression for this type of team has arrived. Patience is required but patience will never be given by Leeds fans
hector

Post by hector »

From what I saw, Ayling was missing from the defence most of the first half... he was too busy trying to be a midfielder, so Jansson and Cooper and for a lot of the match O'Kane were having to cover the back right.... this is why they had free range down their left....
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:57 am

I feel ....let down recently and I'm probably the only one who saw this coming. Is TC safe?
You are - been warning us for weeks. We all got blindsided by the Forest/Sunderland games.

Forest trying to play their way up but having similar difficulties.

I don't pretend to know the answer.
hector

Post by hector »

I like roofe... he works his nuts off, but unfortunately even though he gets into good positions, and reads the game quite well, he hasn't got the skill to carry out what he wants to do...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Center back and left back was just bizarre to me.

We lost our Captain (Bartley) who was part of one of the best partnerships in the division last season.

And we lost Charlie Taylor who like him or not was a superb lb at this level.

We replaced them with, Cooper, who wasnt good enough to displace Bartley last season, greatest will in the world he is a league 1 cb, Pennington, talented though he may be he is raw and inexperienced and Shaunie who was a midfielder, none of them are a patch on Bartley.

Left back i kinda get, Berardi was brilliant last season, but not a naturally lb. CBJ highly rated but all over the Wolves and Scum forums his attitudes is questioned.

Filip Helander who we apparently could have had for what £4m is now a regular for 10th placed Bologna and is doing well, why didnt we take a chance on this man? Last Swede we got from Italy worked out fine.

Linked with Amari Bell in the summer, one of the highest rated lbs outside of the Premiership, wouldn't have cost the earth, why not?
Signed

King Cjay

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Should Pablo have taken the penalty.
There is that contested foul for the shirt pulling- He lies on the ground waving his hands around
Then there is the shouting and protestations at not getting the decision, and the ref gives him a yellow.
Then he steps up for the penalty and he has spat his dummy out, wondering where it is on the pitch.
His mind is elsewhere. He lacks concentration. He confuses the Reading goalkeeper for Lonergan
and makes a back pass, and the penalty is missed.

He should not play at Bristol. He never does well away from home.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

Also Radz/Orta's combined reticence over LB and CH - they are the ones guilty for the shortcomings. Their recruitment of so many attacking players was a little over-hopeful to me.
TC may have had the final decision on these, but surely he would have been pushing for a better defence.
Maybe he is not the finished article as a manager yet and was blindsided by the dearth of really good defenders.
He also seems a little pedantic over O'Kane and Phillips. I'm with you on Vieira and Klich - whatever WAS working clearly now isn't.
TC may not be safe but I don't know if he has the wherewithal to turn this around. I like him though and I think he deserves the chance to build on his limited successes.. I just wish he would show a little more flexibility when it's obvious things aren't working as they stand. That may come with experience.