Leeds v Reading - Team,News,Reports & Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Reading - Team,News,Reports & Ratings

Post by 1964white »

LevLeeds wrote:No conviction going fwd at the minute. O'kane and Janssen smash long range efforts into the crowd simply because there was no other options available. Lassoga is not strong / quick / good enough. To reliant on Saiz and Hernandez!! Saying that Reading were poor and we had enough decent chances to see the game won. Saiz pass to Grot, Grot should be clever enough to have put himself between the defender and the ball, he would have a have won a penno for sure. Janssen put one over the bar from 10 yards out after good work from Pablo. Also I see so many people slagging Pablo off recently, yes his penno was shite, but hes one of the first names on the team sheet, he plays well we win,,, although I do agree as I’ve always been a fan of smashing home a penno esp in the 90th minute instead of placement, theres a time an place for a cocky penno that wasnt it. Anyway no-one was moaning in the 94th minute against Burnley when he cooly rolled the ball home from 12 yards to put us 2-1 up where they??? :-/

It’s a bad spell, we WILL bounce back though. MOT.
Good summary Lev :tup:

I really like Pablo, he has a touch of class but I would make serious changes for our visit to Bristol City including dropping Hernandez, would be looking to introduce Vieira & Shaugnhessy to the midfield playing alongside O'Kane. We really need to get a grip of the engine-room, so important in any team !

Somehow I don't think TC will though !
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

1964white wrote:Good summary Lev :tup:

I really like Pablo, he has a touch of class but I would make serious changes for our visit to Bristol City including dropping Hernandez, would be looking to introduce Vieira & Shaugnhessy to the midfield playing alongside O'Kane. We really need to get a grip of the engine-room, so important in any team !

Somehow I don't think TC will though !
:tup: :tup: :tup:

Hes a class act, cool and ball and sees a pass no others in the team can see. He has had quiet games esp away from home and has been inconsistent for sure, but he's always been like that, TC should find a system to work around it, rotate him with someone. I for one cant understand why Vieira is being over looked consistently, he has proved hes worth in the side and deserves a chance to show it again, I'm a massive fan of O'Kane but he and Phillips have been off form recently so it has to be time to give the fearless kid a chance surely?

Not keen on Lassoga as I mentioned, scored a couple at the start but, seems to get bullied and goes missing for large spells of the game just doesn't offer enough as a lone striker for me. Maybe its time to revert to a 4-4-2, with him an Roofe. I like the look of Grot but not seen a lot of him and hes not really been given any game time either to make a good judgement. Changes needed by TC, has he got the minerals?

Lonners

Berardi - Pontus - Coops - Ayling

------------------Vieira----------------------------
-Dallas-------------------------Alioski/Pablo-
--------------------Saiz---------------------------

--------------Roofe---Grot---------------------

Btw - Where was Alioski on Saturday, I no nothing,,,, :duno: ???
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Resting after midweek international
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LevLeeds »

faaip wrote:Resting after midweek international
Nobody else got a rest :-?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LevLeeds wrote:Nobody else got a rest :-?
It doesn't matter what team we have at Leeds we always seem to be lethargic after an international weekend. It's shameful & a absolute disgrace that players show so little effort after a two week break.
Disrespectful to the majority of the 34,000 fans who paid good money to watch that tosh.
I wish i could take it easy after a holiday

Oh for players to be docked wages for their casual shocking peformances.

Will never happen of course !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LevLeeds wrote:Nobody else got a rest :-?
Players are pampered these days
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Sorry for the late report had a busy last few days, the result was totally fair we were appalling on Saturday.

First half we seemed genuinely terrified to go out of our own half, i'm all for playing out from the back but we played far too much in our own half on Saturday a lot of that was down to not having Wiedwald's disrtibution to pick out Ayling, O'Kane and Berardi to try and build some momentum into their half.

Second half, we played a bit better but Reading still created by far the best opportunities. The goal is embarrasingly poor a comedy of errors.

It has to be said for the 3rd/4th game in a row the team selection has been totally wrong, the subsititutions have been totally wrong and we still seem like we can't be arsed when we don't have the ball. A lot of basics as well:
1. Andy Lonergan is never going to be a keeper who will be able to play as a sweeper keeper and distribute the ball like Wiedwald but that was clearly what he was being instructed to do and we constantly lost the ball in dangerous areas. Andy is a good keeper at this level and deserves to keep his place but play to his strengths keep it simple when he has the ball, instruct Lonergan to play simple 10 yard passes to Ayling, Jansson or Berardi and let them build up play.
2. Allow the likes of Alioski, Saiz and Phillips to shoot from distance more often, I like the way we attack teams but at times it seems like some of our players are either afraid/instructed not to shoot from distance. If we are going to get 10+ goals out of Saiz and Alioski they need to be allowed to take shots on themselves.
3. Stop playing Roofe on the right and play him as the lone striker vs Bristol City
Christiansen has done well so far though we are in the top 6 and in the middle of a cup run :tup:, he has got my full support.

Orta and Radrizzani are the people I blame for our situation though, we've got Liam Cooper as a starting centre back, Lasogga as a starting striker (despite being totally unfit and not suitable for a lone striker role) and our options off the bench are quite frankly laughable atm. Christiansen is a head coach he can only work with what he is given by Orta and Radrizzani.

Whoever decided between Orta and Radrizzani that we didn't need to sign another centre back and another striker deserves ALL of the criticism atm. Bartley/Helander and a top striker (who is actually fit enough to play 2 games of football a week) and we would have been pushing for the top 2 this season We made £10 million on transfers but still have at least 2 positions where we totally lack quality it's not acceptable, those two signings would have made a big difference.

Player Ratings:
Lonergan 7- One good save first half and an excellent second half save, looked very comfortable. Took his chance well to impress.
Ayling 3- Didn't look comfortable on the ball and was awful defensively, let far too many crosses come in from his side too easily. At fault for the goal.
Jansson 4- Never looked comfortable and some really poor decision making. What is going on? :(
Cooper 5- Better than Jansson on the day but still not great
Berardi 6- Alright defensively (still not totally convincing) did try to influence the game going forward our best defender by some distance on the day.
Phillips 4- Just couldn't get into the game at all constantly out of position and needed to do better for the goal.
O'Kane 5- Tried his best and made some runs forward but struggled to control the midfield battle.
Roofe 5- Worked hard defensively but didn't do anything going forward.
Saiz 7- Man Of The Match he doesn't deserve this atm never stopped what an absolute joy it is to watch him play football, he litetally cannot do anymore to drag this team out of the poor run of form it's about time his team mates stepped up :-D
Hernandez 3- Awful, one lovely piece of skill in the first half other than that it seriously was a game to forget for Pablo.
Lasogga 4- Awful, couldn't hold the ball up or link up play at all.
Subs:
Sacko 6- Had a good influence on the game but once again his final ball/pass let him down.
Grot 5- Had no impact on the game.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LevLeeds »

1964white wrote:It doesn't matter what team we have at Leeds we always seem to be lethargic after an international weekend. It's shameful & a absolute disgrace that players show so little effort after a two week break.
Disrespectful to the majority of the 34,000 fans who paid good money to watch that tosh.
I wish i could take it easy after a holiday

Oh for players to be docked wages for their casual shocking peformances.

Will never happen of course !
That actually an interesting point. Players to be docked wages for under performances. Of course it would NEVER happen but it should. If I under perform in my job I don't receive my annual bonus. Anyway, Every fan who attends Home games should get to vote on each players performance out of 10, then we take the average score for that player if they receive less than a 5 say, they receive 50% of there salary. Great idea, but totally unrealistic. :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LevLeeds wrote:That actually an interesting point. Players to be docked wages for under performances. Of course it would NEVER happen but it should. If I under perform in my job I don't receive my annual bonus. Anyway, Every fan who attends Home games should get to vote on each players performance out of 10, then we take the average score for that player if they receive less than a 5 say, they receive 50% of there salary. Great idea, but totally unrealistic. :-D
Great idea but as you say would never happen

Majority of civvy street workers would be sacked for bad workmanship

Footballers are exempt from dismissal due to their contract deals
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A friend I spoke this morning told me his mate who is a scummer fan living in Leeds went to the game on Saturday.

His reaction was :

"What has happened to the Leeds team who were playing quick incisive attacking football earlier in the season, now they look dreadful"