All time top number of posts on MOT

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Re: All time top number of posts on MOT

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote:Nothing wrong with this site whatsoever
Apart from the lack of posts, nobody entering competitions etc :roll:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote:Apart from the lack of posts, nobody entering competitions etc :roll:
Competition numbers are very good especially the football comps

Music & Racing could be a little better but we are doing quite well

As far as lack of posts are concerned we do have our quiet periods & yes it would be great to have a busier flow particularly on match days & at weekends however it's the nature of the beast as MOT has never been as busy as some of the other forums. What we do have is an influx of great new members all with different personalities making an excellent contribution to MOT with their views & wit :-D The majority have integrated really well with our regulars on here which is not always easy for newbies as it can be a daunting prospect joining in on a forum
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Gino 1959 wrote:League of Ireland these days, Nick. I live halfway between Bohemians and St Pats, but go watch the former given the close connection with Cliftonville.

I accept there was a toxicity at times, but those responsible - Silky, WR etc - either left or were banned. They crossed the line between healthy debate and personal abuse, but others stayed just the right side of it and still felt the need to leave.

If you missed why I left, then, you missed it. Unfortunately, I have no time for the self-reflecting martyrdom that has found its way even into this thread.

I've found more suitable spaces on social media that provide what I need/want from that kind of interaction so this will not be a regular haunt.

But I'll be watching...
Bohs and St Pats both stuck in mid-table mediocrity, Gino. What's the standard like? I'm guessing it's better than the Irish League? Cliftonville look resurgent this year, Rory D a great move for them.

Bit of a shame you've found somewhere else to hang out (no Ronan jokes!), but that's the way of things, folk move on. Hope you're well, anyway. Take it easy
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

lufc1304 wrote:Bohs and St Pats both stuck in mid-table mediocrity, Gino. What's the standard like? I'm guessing it's better than the Irish League? Cliftonville look resurgent this year, Rory D a great move for them.

Bit of a shame you've found somewhere else to hang out (no Ronan jokes!), but that's the way of things, folk move on. Hope you're well, anyway. Take it easy
Standard is better than IL. Cork are a super team and would beat any team on the island. Bohs are a good solid club and get great support. Ground share with Shels from next season whilst Dalymount is refurbished will hit hard.

Things going well in Dublin so all good with me.

All the best, Nick.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote:Competition numbers are very good especially the football comps

Music & Racing could be a little better but we are doing quite well

As far as lack of posts are concerned we do have our quiet periods & yes it would be great to have a busier flow particularly on match days & at weekends however it's the nature of the beast as MOT has never been as busy as some of the other forums. What we do have is an influx of great new members all with different personalities making an excellent contribution to MOT with their views & wit :-D The majority have integrated really well with our regulars on here which is not always easy for newbies as it can be a daunting prospect joining in on a forum
So no more 'woe is me' threads?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote:So no more 'woe is me' threads?
I post up these topics out of concern with good intentions for the forum.

If you wish to pull me to bits by all means do so, it's your prerogative !
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I have to admit, I do agree with Gino on certain aspects.
I had a spat with him on a comment made by him in jest 4 years ago which I took the wrong way - mistakenly as it turned out.
I regard him as an upstanding member of society.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Its only a footy forum at the end of the day,
Much more important things in life like your nearest and dearest that's why I'm hoping to win the up north combine next season .
I have nee beef with anyone on here even swannie,
It's a good mix on here you have your incisive cutting edge informative journalism types like moi and your daft posts from the rabble,
hooever I couldn't give a fig and live everyday like it's me last.
HEll I was even playing japs & commandos yesterday hoying welding rods at the japs pretending they were hand grenades
gessa

Post by gessa »

Norm wrote:I have to admit, I do agree with Gino on certain aspects.
Out of interest, which ones Norm?

I'd think Nurse and wounds being interesting words isn't one of them
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote: you seem to be hankering for a time when this place had become almost toxic. I, too, miss the input from departed members, but I don't miss the debates that descended into personal attacks on each other.

Interesting that Nick , as Gino's first 2 replys were both of a threatening nature. Lets not forget on his last visit he admitted he had offered to"meet" Riot at ER to sort out there differences.

Is that what the forum needs to liven it up , more threats to one another. Are we missing a trick or do we leave it to waccoe.
gessa

Post by gessa »

liggy wrote:Its only a footy forum at the end of the day,
Much more important things in life like your nearest and dearest that's why I'm hoping to win the up north combine next season .
I have nee beef with anyone on here even swannie,
It's a good mix on here you have your incisive cutting edge informative journalism types like moi and your daft posts from the rabble,
hooever I couldn't give a fig and live everyday like it's me last.
HEll I was even playing japs & commandos yesterday hoying welding rods at the japs pretending they were hand grenades
Exactly liggy if you like it stay if not don't.
I'm a member on waccoe, longer than on here, can't remember my last post on there , some good posters on there but the nobheads spoil most threads and most end up with the same kind of arguements by the same people, not the place it was but has always been more aggressive and controversial than here, i read occasionally but only the odd thread. Not for me so I stay away.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

gessa wrote:Exactly liggy if you like it stay if not don't.
I'm a member on waccoe, longer than on here, can't remember my last post on there , some good posters on there but the nobheads spoil most threads and most end up with the same kind of arguements by the same people, not the place it was but has always been more aggressive and controversial than here, i read occasionally but only the odd thread. Not for me so I stay away
Such is the Internet ges
Most forums decend into vile abuse,and of course they are all proper hard like.
You can almost hear their mothers shouting up the stairs timmy darling your fish fingers are ready
gessa

Post by gessa »

liggy wrote:
Yes, one such hard case as just been outted on there, loads of threads about him as a service crew lad and about aggro at games, turns out a 14 year old put him on his arse at Wigan and he is most definitely not a lad at all.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:Yes, one such hard case as just been outted on there, loads of threads about him as a service crew lad and about aggro at games, turns out a 14 year old put him on his arse at Wigan and he is most definitely not a lad at all.

Jimmy 2x2?

Waccoe has a massive agenda from which if you deviate you're just plain wrong and a w**ker. Not sure who decides their POV but once set it's set in stone...till it isn't.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:Jimmy 2x2?

Waccoe has a massive agenda from which if you deviate you're just plain wrong and a w**ker. Not sure who decides their POV but once set it's set in stone...till it isn't.
That's the one Faaip.

Agree, have a different opinion especially toward Cellino or certain players who are the new scapegoat and they round on the poster like a pack of Wolves till they surrender or just disappear. That's not debate. Worst part is, some of the attackers are the one's you'd consider intelligent or they consider themselves intelligent from the political threads etc...
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Class ges just class :roflmao:

I have been knowing to loose the plot on derby day
When the spartans play whitley bay.
Makes celtic/Rangers look like a vicarage tea party
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:That's the one Faaip.

Agree, have a different opinion especially toward Cellino or certain players who are the new scapegoat and they round on the poster like a pack of Wolves till they surrender or just disappear. That's not debate. Worst part is, some of the attackers are the one's you'd consider intelligent or they consider themselves intelligent from the political threads etc...

just posted on the New deal for thread I thought Beradi was a better right back, no negativity in my post regarding Ayling but the first reply from Dr Tobius Funk was
hahahahahahahahahahhha what the f**k
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:just posted on the New deal for thread I thought Beradi was a better right back, no negativity in my post regarding Ayling but the first reply from Dr Tobius Funk was
No surprise there

Clever dick who use to post on the music threads on here several years ago, no one is exempt from abuse from this fella including myself
gessa

Post by gessa »

liggy wrote:Class ges just class :roflmao:

I have been knowing to loose the plot on derby day
When the spartans play whitley bay.
Makes celtic/Rangers look like a vicarage tea party
Some of these non league derbies are rough days mate.
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:just posted on the New deal for thread I thought Beradi was a better right back, no negativity in my post regarding Ayling but the first reply from Dr Tobius Funk was
And there you have it, says nothing to back up his opinion. Didn't he have a different user name once.