Need Advice

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Need Advice

Post by John in Louisiana »

I'm finally getting serious about fulfilling my life long dream and taking a trip to Yorkshire, which will have to include a trip to Elland Road. My son the Gunners fan and I were thinking we could go to London and catch an Arsenal game and then move on to Leeds. I will have a pint (or two) at the Peacock, have my picture taken with Billy Bremner, and scream myself hoarse.

How difficult is it for someone like me to get tickets for a Leeds game? We're weighing going either around Christmas/New Year's Day or during spring break at my university in March. Is there a time when it's easier to find tickets?

The game is the single most important part of the trip, of course, and I won't go unless I can attend one.

Any advice?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Need Advice

Post by Ratscoot »

John, if I was you I’d write to the club explain the situation, I’m sure they’ll then pull out all the stops to help you get tickets, good luck mate and let us all know which game you’ll be attending and perhaps we can all meet up in the Peacock before hand MOT
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Ratscoot wrote:John, if I was you I’d write to the club explain the situation, I’m sure they’ll then pull out all the stops to help you get tickets, good luck mate and let us all know which game you’ll be attending and perhaps we can all meet up in the Peacock before hand MOT
Just sent off an email to the ticket office. We'll hope for the best.

If this all works out I will buy the first round.
gessa

Post by gessa »

John in Louisiana wrote:Just sent off an email to the ticket office. We'll hope for the best.

Hope you have better luck than me John, I've sent them 2 emails within the last month and still waiting for a reply to either.
I'm sure nce you get a date for your trip someone on here can sort you a couple of tickets for the Leeds game, you can email Arsenal aswell if no luck you may have to go through an agency.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote:Just sent off an email to the ticket office. We'll hope for the best.

Hopefully you receive a reply John

Very difficult to obtain tickets this season if you haven't got a membership cards especially as nearly 15k fans have come out of the woodwork in the last twelve months or so !
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

It's been several years since I was last at Elland Road. I bought the tickets on-line from the Official site and picked them up on the day.
Can't you do that anymore?
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Sounds like a great trip John, lucky bastid.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

John, if you let me know which game you're coming to, I'll get you a couple of tickets no problem.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Haighy wrote:John, if you let me know which game you're coming to, I'll get you a couple of tickets no problem.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"