TC - Stay or Go?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

well?

Needs time
58%
Out of his class, he cannot turn this round
27%
I really don't know
15%

Total votes: 26

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

TC - Stay or Go?

Post by The Subhuman »

I really hate these but
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: TC - Stay or Go?

Post by Cjay »

Stay, cant be blamed for the numerous individual errors that have cost us. Lonners today, Ayling last few games etc, those would have happened regardless of manager.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not many managers survive 3 points in 24 and to be honest we've not really looked like we've been unlucky. Take out the two massive blunders today and we lose 2-0. Their second not pretty for us and saveable and probably blockable too but a legit goal all the same.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ken Pow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ken Pow »

Bayern Munich bit the bullet on Ancelotti after a few games and went back to former coach Heynckes. Result: 6 or 7 wins on the trot since, back to the top of the Bundesliga and already through to next rounds of Champions League and their FA Cup. Do we go back to Grayson?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Go...go...go....asap!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Not down to TC for me - give the bloke some time. As always with these things, if not him, who?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip you are rarely wrong (last time was 1980 IIRC :) ), but I have some trepidation with third-of-a-season sackings.
As you've kept faith with Roofe, I'm keeping faith with TC, but I don't honestly know what he can do to correct our decline except ask Pep for advice.
I think, give him November. I'm with you about Green but that's possibly a lost cause, but the main faults lie with the failure to replace Bartley and Taylor, and that's not entirely within TC's purview.
Under Monk we would have survived despite playing crap attack because the defence would have protected us.

:duno:
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

He looked like a rabbit in the headlamps after the Derby game.for me.
KARANKA is available ,will also be desperate to prove people wrong
Yes TC probably deserves more time but leeds season is ebbing away right now
id only give him one more game for me.
Plain fact is loosing badly to brenford ain't going to get you radz minimum requirement of top 6..

fwiw I putting a tenner on Pardew & KARANKA
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

As columbo used to say one last thing :pig:
Football has a habit of throwing these things at you
But the next game is a season defining game for me ,how ironic its against mr Monk!!!!!
Ps
Leeds current woes lies squarely with the defence
Get a commanding captain who will dish the orders out
Thier playing like individuals at the back
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

As with most of you guys hate managerial merry go rounds and I think we are not good enough for this division all over the pitch so it's a massive problem for whoever is at the helm....have we got anyone in our squad who has two good games on the trot ?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I wouldn't want to see him sacked yet, but TC is as responsible as the players for our current form.

You cannot simply dismiss the run of losses as being down to individual errors, nearly 100% of goals could be blamed on an individual error somewhere along the line. It is extremely hard to score a goal in football and almost invariably you can point to something an individual in the conceding team could have done to prevent the goal.

But errors occur when you are under pressure and the more pressure you are under the more errors you will make and the more goals you will concede. If you are being outplayed errors will occur and you will concede goals and lose.

We didn't lose because Lonergan made two errors and conceded goals, we lost because the pressure that Brentford applied in dominating most of the game led to those errors which resulted in goals being conceded. You could see that Brentford were dodgy defensively, but we didn't play well enough to apply sufficient pressure to take advantage,
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Gotta go if next result not a win surely. 3 points in 24 someone said above, is abysmal. Only watched 30 mins of last night's game and we were poor
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

For me I’d rather we stuck until at least the end of the year, I hate this sacking merry go round plus whose out that that’s going to get us out of this rut apart from perhaps Mr Allardyce
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not sure.

Not long ago we were all slating Cellino for being trigger happy, which non of us want. But how long do you let these displays continue. The results are bad enough but the performances are dire. I suppose you have to be involved in the club to know if it is TC or Orta, who Boro fans did warn us about.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

I would give Christiansen more time, our form is diabolical but we are still only 3 points away from the top 6 (assuming Derby win game in hand) of course that isn't good enough but we are not a million miles away if we can just find some momentum and get a result somewhere to kickstart a revival. It has to be said Christiansen isn't helping himself with the way we are playing and the bizzare decisions he keeps making. I am starting to get sick and tired of the same mistakes being made over and over again but Orta is without any shadow of a doubt the main problem imo.
I would sack Orta at this stage and give Christiansen a chance to turn it around to try and get us in a decent position so that he can make his own signings in January to push us on for the second half of the season but the results and performances have got to improve drastically for him to earn that right.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote:faaip you are rarely wrong (last time was 1980 IIRC :) ), but I have some trepidation with third-of-a-season sackings.
As you've kept faith with Roofe, I'm keeping faith with TC, but I don't honestly know what he can do to correct our decline except ask Pep for advice.
I think, give him November. I'm with you about Green but that's possibly a lost cause, but the main faults lie with the failure to replace Bartley and Taylor, and that's not entirely within TC's purview.
Under Monk we would have survived despite playing crap attack because the defence would have protected us.

:duno:
I voted "do not know'. A player you can hang onto, not play or coach up without any harm to the team, a coach learning from scratch at the expence of a football clubs season is another matter.

I really don't know what I'd do here, the only manager I said should go is McDermott but I had first hand experience of his limited management skill before he arrived at Elland Road.
gessa

Post by gessa »

My feeling at the moment is he seems a weak sort of bloke, which would be ok in Cypress with a team winning everything but this is totally different.

If I had to make a decision it would be for him to go, got a feeling he's not the right man for the job but who's out there that is? Not sure how many managers would be happy not being able to choose their own players, Allardyce as been mentioned a lot and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't, not many British managers would.
I said before yesterday lose the next 2 and I think he'll be gone.
Last edited by gessa on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

60sUnited wrote:As with most of you guys hate managerial merry go rounds and I think we are not good enough for this division all over the pitch so it's a massive problem for whoever is at the helm....have we got anyone in our squad who has two good games on the trot ?

Vierra has had 3 apparently,
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote:I wouldn't want to see him sacked yet, but TC is as responsible as the players for our current form.

You cannot simply dismiss the run of losses as being down to individual errors, nearly 100% of goals could be blamed on an individual error somewhere along the line. It is extremely hard to score a goal in football and almost invariably you can point to something an individual in the conceding team could have done to prevent the goal.

But errors occur when you are under pressure and the more pressure you are under the more errors you will make and the more goals you will concede. If you are being outplayed errors will occur and you will concede goals and lose.

We didn't lose because Lonergan made two errors and conceded goals, we lost because the pressure that Brentford applied in dominating most of the game led to those errors which resulted in goals being conceded. You could see that Brentford were dodgy defensively, but we didn't play well enough to apply sufficient pressure to take advantage,
(

Agree with the error bit, there were 2 blunders yesterday and they cancelled each other out. Excellent post all round
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thomas Christiansen

“This was a must-win but we didn’t,” said a disappointed Christiansen. “But we had a very good second half and I believe we deserved more

My response to Christiansen if I could discuss the current crisis face to face

Wrong you stupid man !

A game is not about the first-half v Derby or turning up for 20 minutes at Brentford it's about doing the right things for the best part of 90 minutes just as little Brentford did !

We didn't deserve more you bleeding idiot just as we haven't done in the seven out of nine games we've lost.

The Bees attacked with purpose, took the game to us scored three goals (admittedly two errors) , missed a penalty, hit the bar twice, made Lonergan work a couple of times

What did we offer you tit ?

Your team selection from the off was wrong as you seem to persevere with players who have been appallingly bad during the slump. You make two inspired subs at half-time with Henandez on the left & pushing Roofe upfront replacing the lump & somehow we get ourselves back in the game.
So why bring another lump on at 1-1 for Alioski when surely Dallas would have been the best alternative, the game died of death with that idiotic substitution for Leeds United with the Bees buzzing & scoring two goals in the last five minutes

How many goals are we going to concede in the last ten minutes TC ?

Your players are not mentally & physically fit & lack total discipline

I cannot recall such a bad run in all the years I've been watching Leeds, we've had some shocking periods but this is beyond a joke & all your feeble excuses I keep hearing after every game

So now we have the international break where our players will no doubt return even more lethargic after the slump we've just endured

Time for you useless bearded wonder who is full of total bullsh*t to depart LUFC & take that other imbecile Orta with you !

Fed up of being turned over by the likes of Brentford, Millwall, Cardiff & the rest :chair: