Stuart Dallas

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Stuart Dallas

Post by 1964white »

Deserves his own thread

Good luck to Stuart, lets hope he proves to be another important piece of the jigsaw at the new Leeds
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Re: Stuart Dallas signs...

Post by ldsutd »

He's just what we need. This season is looking more and more positive.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Hopefully a good signing and just what we've needed for a few years a proper winger :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by CardiffWhite »

One of those signings that sounds exciting. Very pleased with this. :-D
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

as a Norn Iron lad, very with this!
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Stuart Dallas

Post by Cjay »

Todays player is him :-D

A solid if unspectacular performer, Stuart is the sort of player ever squad needs.

A good pro, will play anywhere and give everything every game.

So where does Stuart fit?

Is he a starter or a squad player.
Last edited by Cjay on Sun May 01, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Stuart Dallas

Post by lufc1304 »

Not a lot to add to that, Cjay, I'm a fan and not just because he's from Norn Iron! I don't think I'm the only one who would play him at LB, switch Berardi to RB and dump Ayling to the bench. Might be the kick up the arse he needs and, if memory serves, folk who have watched games reckon Alioski is more potent with Dallas behind him
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I'll start by saying Stuart Dallas should start at right back vs Boro.

Alioski helped him a lot against Derby and it makes sense to allow them to continue that.

Berardi stays left back.

Ayling dropped.

That being said, i dont see Dallas as a match winner, so never first choice winger for me.

His stats are very average throughout his career. If you want someone to work hard, to put a shift in, Stuarts your man.

If you want someone to score you goals and create chances, he isnt.

For that reason, full back is where i want to see Dallas.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote:Not a lot to add to that, Cjay, I'm a fan and not just because he's from Norn Iron! I don't think I'm the only one who would play him at LB, switch Berardi to RB and dump Ayling to the bench. Might be the kick up the arse he needs and, if memory serves, folk who have watched games reckon Alioski is more potent with Dallas behind him
I am a fan, to a point, as i said above this comment :-D

I'd like to see Dallas Rb, Alioski is best on the right, and think Dallas behind him would allow Ali to concentrate on attacking more, rather then worrying about covering for Lionel Ayling.

He was great at lb, so was Berardi last game, so id let Berardi stay left and let Dallas resume the partnership that did ok against Derby.
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

lufc1304 wrote:Not a lot to add to that, Cjay, I'm a fan and not just because he's from Norn Iron! I don't think I'm the only one who would play him at LB, switch Berardi to RB and dump Ayling to the bench. Might be the kick up the arse he needs and, if memory serves, folk who have watched games reckon Alioski is more potent with Dallas behind him
I know this isn't really a response about SD but I'm surprised we haven't given this a go. Maybe even push Ayling forwards, he has good energy, to get up and down the line and can produce a decent cross, maybe a better position for him. Whichever given some of the goals we've conceded recently we need to do something at RB.

As for Stuie - I like him, think he's under rated, always gives his all and rarely has a bad game - worth a run in the team for me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I was never a huge fan of Dallas but credit where credit is due, he had a decent pre-season, keeps himself fit & hasn't let us down when given limited opportunities this season. Model professional.

Dallas was unlucky not to start at Brentford after he was one of the few pluses v Derby, he wasn't even used as a sub when needed. Major error from TC once again.

Would be my LB for the Boro' game but unlikely to happen now Berardi is back & Christiansen is so far up Ayling's a*se :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:I was never a huge fan of Dallas but credit where credit is due, he had a decent pre-season, keeps himself fit & hasn't let us down when given limited opportunities this season. Model professional.

Dallas was unlucky not to start at Brentford after he was one of the few pluses v Derby, he wasn't even used as a sub when needed. Major error from TC once again.

Would be my LB for the Boro' game but unlikely to happen now Berardi is back & Christiansen is so far up Ayling's a*se :(
Dont think thats entirely fair.

Our full back options are limited, we only have 3 natural full backs, Ayling, Berardi and Cbj, plus Anita and Dallas who can do a job.
Aylings form has dropped immensely, but that has coincided with CBJ and Anita hardly standing out plus Berardi not exactly shining either pre suspension.

Do agree Ayling needs dropping, but we arent exactly blessed with full backs.

And TC has shown he can make brave calls, dropping Jansson vs Bristol City was very brave and worked out. Dropping Wiedwald when it was needed, dropped Lasogga vs Cardiff, didnt work out but could see the logic behind it.
Signed

King Cjay

beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

think Dallas has had bad personal problems (recent weeks ) but should now be making the starting eleven and will make the side a bit more aggressive which is what the team is crying out for . :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Dont think thats entirely fair.

Our full back options are limited, we only have 3 natural full backs, Ayling, Berardi and Cbj, plus Anita and Dallas who can do a job.
Aylings form has dropped immensely, but that has coincided with CBJ and Anita hardly standing out plus Berardi not exactly shining either pre suspension.

Do agree Ayling needs dropping, but we arent exactly blessed with full backs.

And TC has shown he can make brave calls, dropping Jansson vs Bristol City was very brave and worked out. Dropping Wiedwald when it was needed, dropped Lasogga vs Cardiff, didnt work out but could see the logic behind it.
TC had the opportunity to stick with Dallas at Brentford but bottled dropping Ayling, obviously the managers favourite :oops:

Meanwhile Luke spent periods throughout the game playing with his hair & tying up the laces on his new boots instead of concentrating on the game....poser !!!

God knows how many times fans around me shouted "where the hell is Ayling"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:TC had the opportunity to stick with Dallas at Brentford but bottled dropping Ayling, obviously the managers favourite :oops:

Meanwhile Luke spent periods throughout the game playing with his hair & tying up the laces on his new boots instead of concentrating on the game....poser !!!

God knows how many times fans around me shouted "where the hell is Ayling"
They were nice 8-)

Ayling does need dropping for his teammates sakes, Alioski is running himself ragged covering and Jansson is being dragged to cover as well and consequently being out of position himself !!!!
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:They were nice 8-)

Ayling does need dropping for his teammates sakes, Alioski is running himself ragged covering and Jansson is being dragged to cover as well and consequently being out of position himself !!!!
Correct I've lost count how many times Pontus has been drawn out of the middle due to the inadequacies of our full-backs during our bad run.

Is it any wonder Jansson's form has suffered somewhat probably borne out of frustration I suspect

He is not superman to be fair
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Somebody commented that Dallas should be in as he always puts a shift in.....I agree, get him in cos not many others seem to be putting a shift in !! It's unbelievable how so many comments defend our £10k plus a week players.....let's get some heart in there for Christ's sake, I am a bit sick of our lack of guts.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Our most improved player this season by some distance imo, he's proven me so wrong this season and I am absolutely delighted.
I think Dallas has been excellent this season, whatever position he has played in this season he has done really well. Every time he has been on the pitch he has had a positive impact on the game, genuinely cannot think of a game this season where we haven't improved as a team when Dallas has come on.
Such a poor poor decision not to start him on Saturday and he absolutely 100% should have come on for Alioski rather than Grot imo.

Dallas probably isn't going to get double figures in goals and assists for us but he has most definitely developed into a very very important member of the squad and is a great option for certain games this season. Comfortably been one of our best players this season :scarf1: :scarf2: .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote:Our most improved player this season by some distance imo, he's proven me so wrong this season and I am absolutely delighted.
I think Dallas has been excellent this season, whatever position he has played in this season he has done really well. Every time he has been on the pitch he has had a positive impact on the game, genuinely cannot think of a game this season where we haven't improved as a team when Dallas has come on.
Such a poor poor decision not to start him on Saturday and he absolutely 100% should have come on for Alioski rather than Grot imo

Dallas probably isn't going to get double figures in goals and assists for us but he has most definitely developed into a very very important member of the squad and is a great option for certain games this season. Comfortably been one of our best players this season :scarf1: :scarf2: .
Bang on Oscar :tup:

Dallas is not one of TC's favourites
gessa

Post by gessa »

Oscar wrote:Our most improved player this season by some distance imo, he's proven me so wrong this season and I am absolutely delighted.
Such a poor poor decision not to start him on Saturday and he absolutely 100% should have come on for Alioski rather than Grot imo.

Yes mate but what about this season. :wink: