World Cup Play Offs

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

World Cup Play Offs

Post by gessa »

Northern Ireland tonight and The Republic tomorrow.

Good Luck to both.

Tonights line up

Northern Ireland

1McGovern
2McLaughlin
4McAuley
5Evans
11Brunt
16Norwood
13Evans
8Davis
21Magennis
10Lafferty
14Dallas

Tough game The Swiss winning 9 from 10 in qualifying. N I really have to take the advantage tonight.
Last edited by gessa on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gessa

Re: World Cup Play Offs

Post by gessa »

Croatia v Greece.

Croatia should be too strong for the Greeks
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Looking forward to the Ireland Denmark game, could go either way.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
gessa

Post by gessa »

dezzy wrote:Looking forward to the Ireland Denmark game, could go either way.

I think Ireland will do it Dezzy
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Croatia cruising at 2-0

3-0 will do for me :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

Dallas playing well.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Schar as put in 3 heavy tackles on Dallas, limped off, back on but not running too well.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Still 0-0 at half time but Swiss look very dangerous
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ronan wrote:Still 0-0 at half time but Swiss look very dangerous
They're a good side. I think NI need to take a lead over there.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Dallas off .
gessa

Post by gessa »

A very harsh penalty gives the Swiss the lead.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Never a penalty...referee was very poor....Swiss were too good though......not over yet...but uphill now for NI
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just seen the outrageous tackle on Stuart Dallas :rant: Surely the bloke should have been sent off not yellow carded? As for the penalty, what a joke. The referee should be banned based on those two decisions alone. Feel very sorry at the injustice to Northern Ireland tonignt. ( just thinking, who were France playing when Thierri Henri handled the ball into the net in a play off match?)
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote:Just seen the outrageous tackle on Stuart Dallas :rant: Surely the bloke should have been sent off not yellow carded? As for the penalty, what a joke. The referee should be banned based on those two decisions alone. Feel very sorry at the injustice to Northern Ireland tonignt. ( just thinking, who were France playing when Thierri Henri handled the ball into the net in a play off match?)

Red card and dodgy penalty are the general conscientious Swan. Poor ref all game. The Henri incident was against the Republic. He lost his status as great player after that for me, only remember him now as "that cheating French twat".
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

The referee last night was an absolute disgrace but, sadly, we got what we deserved from the game. As poor a display as I've seen from NI in a long time. That said, it is, in effect, half time, so all is not lost. But we need a much improved performance out there, and O'Neill needs to take the shackles off and send the team out to just go for it. We've nothing to lose. GAWA!!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote:The referee last night was an absolute disgrace but, sadly, we got what we deserved from the game. As poor a display as I've seen from NI in a long time. That said, it is, in effect, half time, so all is not lost. But we need a much improved performance out there, and O'Neill needs to take the shackles off and send the team out to just go for it. We've nothing to lose. GAWA!!!
Yep Nick....might as well throw the kitchen sink at them....GAWA !!!

I am in that strange situation that i support Republic Of Ireland first...then N.Ireland...even though i live in NI....but my heart has always been to have a situation like we have in Rugby Union.....an all Ireland team.....it will never happen.
And then we have the fun of a mixed marriage.....my eldest son i call a wee loyalist and he calls me a republican...it causes nothing but fun when the 2 Irelands are playing....thank God we didn't get drawn against each other in the World Cup !!!

Nick...the joys of our wee Ulster :mrgreen: ....sorry couldn't find a Mr Orange :-D
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Ronan wrote:Yep Nick....might as well throw the kitchen sink at them....GAWA !!!

I am in that strange situation that i support Republic Of Ireland first...then N.Ireland...even though i live in NI....but my heart has always been to have a situation like we have in Rugby Union.....an all Ireland team.....it will never happen.
And then we have the fun of a mixed marriage.....my eldest son i call a wee loyalist and he calls me a republican...it causes nothing but fun when the 2 Irelands are playing....thank God we didn't get drawn against each other in the World Cup !!!

Nick...the joys of our wee Ulster :mrgreen: ....sorry couldn't find a Mr Orange :-D
Ronan, sounds to me like you've managed to create a harmonious union of the warring tribes of Ulster! Have you ever thought about a career in politics?? :wink: I'm NI first and foremost, but I always shout for the Republic as well (as long as they're not playing Norn Iron, of course!!). With luck, both teams will make it. I, too, would love to see an all Ireland team, but it'll never happen. Putting aside the minority on both sides who would take the usual green/orange stance, the stuffed shirts of both FAs would never agree as to who should have their snouts in the FIFA/UEFA trough! And, to be honest, I don't think a combined team would be that much stronger than the two current teams are.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote:Ronan, sounds to me like you've managed to create a harmonious union of the warring tribes of Ulster! Have you ever thought about a career in politics?? :wink: I'm NI first and foremost, but I always shout for the Republic as well (as long as they're not playing Norn Iron, of course!!). With luck, both teams will make it. I, too, would love to see an all Ireland team, but it'll never happen. Putting aside the minority on both sides who would take the usual green/orange stance, the stuffed shirts of both FAs would never agree as to who should have their snouts in the FIFA/UEFA trough! And, to be honest, I don't think a combined team would be that much stronger than the two current teams are.
True....and we wouldn't both get a shout at each international tournament !!

Dallas was playing well last night....but to be honest Switzerland looked too good...a second goal for them and it was over .....i will be cheering the GAWA on this Sunday.

Belfast kitchen sink time :-D
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Ronan wrote:True....and we wouldn't both get a shout at each international tournament !!

Dallas was playing well last night....but to be honest Switzerland looked too good...a second goal for them and it was over .....i will be cheering the GAWA on this Sunday.

Belfast kitchen sink time :-D
He was until he was hacked down, O'Neill should have subbed him at that point. But you're right, they are a good side. Uphill struggle, but we'll throw sink and all it's contents at them!!
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote:He was until he was hacked down, O'Neill should have subbed him at that point. But you're right, they are a good side. Uphill struggle, but we'll throw sink and all it's contents at them!!
And H & W's Samson and Goliath :wink:

Sorry Nick

Just heard this on Radio Ulster....some people shouldn't be allowed technology ffs !!!

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 08155.html