Gianni Alioski

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Gianni Alioski

Post by hector »

Ditto
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Couple of excellent games, couple of quiet games and a few average games - but to hear some comments you would think he was awful. His shot v Forest showed what he is capable shooting wise and given his record in Switzerland was no fluke. For years we have been crying out for more pace in this team and he has it in abundance. Unlike Sacko, despite his recent improvement, there is an end product even if sometimes he will pick the wrong option. Given time I feel he will be an excellent player for us but it does take more than 10 matches for a player to acclimatise.
I also feel the role of a winger these days is probably the most difficult position to play within a team as flank players not only play an attacking role but are also expected to defend assisting their full-back. Keepers, centre-Backs & No.9's can take a breather during a game where as a wingers role is energy sapping up & down the flanks, also they are likely to get a few kickings as they attempt to dribble pass their man
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Further to this I watched a Spanish La Liga 2 (the equivalent of our championship) match today (Albacete v Lorca) and the ref blew every time any contact was made. There wasn't a dirty tackle in the match and yet at least 6 players got booked. It is no wonder that players from foreign leagues struggle initially in english football as I reckon 90% of the 'fouls' committed today would not have been given as fouls in a championship match.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

After all the criticism he has got we finally have him not in the squad and . . . . . . . Didnt look like scoring even if we had played till tomorrow.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote:After all the criticism he has got we finally have him not in the squad and . . . . . . . Dont look like scoring even if we had played till tomorrow.
I dont think we can keep blaming individual players. The players on a whole are just not playing as a team. Why I dont know. Is it the training methods, or is it that the players we have are just not good enough.....but they were at the beginning of the season so whats changed? :duno:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Rested after the international weak seems to be a TC thing. One wonders if he would have rested Wood were he still here though. I have him as a must start alongside Saiz but there the only midfielders/forwards I could pencil in weekly
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:I dont think we can keep blaming individual players. The players on a whole are just not playing as a team. Why I dont know. Is it the training methods, or is it that the players we have are just not good enough.....but they were at the beginning of the season so whats changed? :duno:
I don't think Christainsen knows how to resolve the problem Swan, he's had two full weeks to put things right, on today's performance the truth is he hasn't. As Faaip says perhaps he's not flexible enough with his team selection & his substitutions.

One thing is certain we are in a hole & sooner than later we have to dig ourselves out before it becomes too deep !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:roflmao: Defend Alioski time again :roflmao:

Wasteful set pieces, should have scored, but lovely pass and desire shown in the build up.

Is it a coincidence that Aylings poor form has coincided with Alioski? Our right side was so good early on, not anymore.

He does track back a lot, often he is behind Ayling actually, but could his lack of an attacking threat be anything to do with knowing he may have to charge back to cover for one of Aylings runs at any time?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd stick with Gianni, the potential is there and the alternative is to shoe horn in Roofe who's a middle of the park player all day long.

Pick an 11 and stick with it til Christmas would be my advice and give Klich a run, has to be better than O'Kane who've I yet to see play a good game except when he's allowed to by the opp.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd stick with Gianni, the potential is there and the alternative is to shoe horn in Roofe who's a middle of the park player all day long.

Pick an 11 and stick with it til Christmas would be my advice and give Klich a run, has to be better than O'Kane who've I yet to see play a good game except when he's allowed to by the opp.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:I'd stick with Gianni, the potential is there and the alternative is to shoe horn in Roofe who's a middle of the park player all day long.

Or Dallas who is a worker, but not much of an attacking threat, as his 15 goals in 100+Championship games testifies.

Agree on Klich, give him a run, see what he does.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Dallas left sided for me, and yes would start.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

He's playing on the left in a team without a left back !!
How much better would he be if Charlie Taylor was still here ??
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/01/wa ... rest-a-ra/
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/01/le ... om-behind/

More Alioski bashing.
Thought he did well yesterday, Roofe was god awful, so he cant replace him, and Pablo wouldn't of helped Dallas as much. Simples
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Roofe is not a winger
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Better again, work rate as usual, always wants the ball, and good headed goal, not easy as he had to generate all the power and loft to get it above the covering defenders.

Wonder how much more effective he would be if he wasnt having to cover for Ayling, or think about covering for Ayling.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/revea ... ery-close/

Biggest liability this season according to some vote
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Did well for Macedonia again, operating from the right like he does with us.

Did his usual putting a shift in, under some rough treatment from Norway, ended up going off after a heavy challenge in the 89th minute.

But, he seemed more confident, played some lovely passes, through balls, disguised passes, crossfield passes, ran the ball out of defence quite a few times, drawing a foul, got an assist, and in general was a big threat.

Totally different to how he has been for us recently (although he has improved again a bit recently).
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think we have good players in the main, just need the right manager
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay