MAN OF THE MATCH - FINAL TABLE

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

MAN OF THE MATCH - FINAL TABLE

Post by 1964white »

FINAL TABLE - 2016/17

117 - Jansson Huddersfield, Blackburn, Cardiff, Wolves, Norwich (joint), Blackburn, QPR, Newcastle
114 - Green Aston Villa, Huddersfield, Bristol City, Ipswich, Brentford, Norwich (joint)
82 - Wood Ipswich, Wigan, Burton, Rotherham, Barnsley, Birmingham (joint)
78 - Bartley QPR, Fulham, Bristol City (joint), Barnsley (joint), Brentford
74 - Hernandez Fleetwood (c) Bristol City (joint), Norwich (joint) Derby, Cardiff, Norwich (joint)
73 - Ayling Birmingham, Newcastle, Aston Villa (joint) Birmingham (joint)
55 - Vieira Brighton x 2, Burton
53 - Roofe Blackburn (joint), Liverpool, Preston,
Preston

42 - Berardi Fulham, Reading
39 - Phillips Forest, Barnsley (joint), Wolves
33 - Sacko Bristol City (Joint) Norwich (joint)
31 - O'Kane Derby, Norwich (joint), Wigan
24 - Mowatt Cambridge
24 - Taylor Rotherham
22 - Bridcutt Sheff Wed
21 - Silvestri Blackburn (c) (joint), Norwich (c)
18 - Dallas Reading
12 - Denton Luton (c)
08 - Cooper
04 - Coyle
03 - Doukara
02 - Antonsson
1964white

MOTM

Post by 1964white »

2017/18

Up to the BURNLEY game

115 - Saiz Port Vale, Fulham, Sunderland
79 - Alioski Forest
78 - Cooper Bolton (joint), Preston
76 - Phillips
71 - O'Kane Bolton (joint)
54 - Jansson Birmingham, Millwall
43 - Ayling
42 - Roofe Newport
35 - Shaughnessy Burnley
25 - Lasogga Burton
24 - Hernandez
15 - Borthwick-Jackson
14 - Dallas
12 - Lonergan
12 - Vieira
11 - Klich
05 - Anita
05 - Wiedwald
05 - Wood
02 - Pennington
01 - Eukban
1964white

Re: MAN OF THE MATCH TABLE

Post by 1964white »

Oscar posted up a topic for the Man of the Match of August

I did insist Saiz was as voted by our members, by quite a wide margin according to the table above
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote:Oscar posted up a topic for the Man of the Match of August

I did insist Saiz was as voted by our members, by quite a wide margin according to the table above
Saiz - Class

Cooper - Decent CB so far this season.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:Oscar posted up a topic for the Man of the Match of August

Only reason I didn't vote for Saiz mate was because I didn't feel he had played enough league minutes in our brilliant first month of the season, wanted to go for someone who has played and started all our games and for me it had to be O'Kane who has been exceptional and won his midfield battle in every game he has played.
Amazed Cooper has won this months prize if I am being totally honest, he has had an excellent month but for me O'Kane and Saiz have been the protagonists of our success.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote:Only reason I didn't vote for Saiz mate was because I didn't feel he had played enough league minutes in our brilliant first month of the season, wanted to go for someone who has played and started all our games and for me it had to be O'Kane who has been exceptional and won his midfield battle in every game he has played.
Amazed Cooper has won this months prize if I am being totally honest, he has had an excellent month but for me O'Kane and Saiz have been the protagonists of our success.
As I am too :shock: yes Cooper has vastly improved under TC & has been a key player

BUT !!!

We have witnessed the best & most exciting attacking Leeds team in many years, at last we have a fantastic midfield producing some glorious football & who wins this player of the month :

A blooming defender.....sorry that doesn't make sense folks :shock:

Jansson, Green & Bartley were in the top four last season due to some heroic defending with our attacking prowess almost non-existant apart from Wood under Mr (cautious play safe) Monk

The tide has turned under Christiansen, we are scoring goals for fun !

19 voted however only 11 openly showed their winning card on the table, have to question where the other 8 votes came from ?
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:As I am too :shock: yes Cooper has vastly improved under TC & has been a key player

BUT !!!

We have witnessed the best & most exciting attacking Leeds team in many years, at last we have a fantastic midfield producing some glorious football & who wins this player of the month :

A blooming defender.....sorry that doesn't make sense folks :shock:

Jansson, Green & Bartley were in the top four last season due to some heroic defending with our attacking prowess almost non-existant apart from Wood under Mr (cautious play safe) Monk

The tide has turned under Christiansen, we are scoring goals for fun !

19 voted however only 11 openly showed their winning card on the table, have to question where the other 8 votes came from ?
I'm sure Samu will finish the season with at least 2-3 Player Of The Month awards mate :tup:.
We have been more attacking this season but if you take out 2 cup games against poor teams we have only scored 7 goals in 5 league games which works out at about roughly the same amount of goals as last season. The most impressive 'stat' for our start to the season has to be the 4 clean sheets in 5 games for me, so I can see why our more defensive players such as: Cooper, O'Kane and Phillips have seen the most votes 4 clean sheets in a row is incredible at this level really.
Not doubting for one minute how good Saiz has been he has been excellent so far, however, the control we have had of games in the middle of the park is the biggest part of our success atm on 2 fronts: we don't concede goals because O'Kane and Phillips protect the back 4 so well and their dominance in the middle of the park allows Saiz and Alioski to get on the ball a lot and to create.
O'Kane has been our most important player so far this season for me, surprised he only got 17% of the vote and that he is so low down in the Man Of The Match table.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote:I'm sure Samu will finish the season with at least 2-3 Player Of The Month awards mate :tup:.
We have been more attacking this season but if you take out 2 cup games against poor teams we have only scored 7 goals in 5 league games which works out at about roughly the same amount of goals as last season. The most impressive 'stat' for our start to the season has to be the 4 clean sheets in 5 games for me, so I can see why our more defensive players such as: Cooper, O'Kane and Phillips have seen the most votes 4 clean sheets in a row is incredible at this level really.
Not doubting for one minute how good Saiz has been he has been excellent so far, however, the control we have had of games in the middle of the park is the biggest part of our success atm on 2 fronts: we don't concede goals because O'Kane and Phillips protect the back 4 so well and their dominance in the middle of the park allows Saiz and Alioski to get on the ball a lot and to create.
O'Kane has been our most important player so far this season for me, surprised he only got 17% of the vote and that he is so low down in the Man Of The Match table.
O'Kane believe it not is another player that excites me, he gets his head down & runs at the opposition looking to pass the ball to one of his team mates. Also for his slender size he is not afraid to put his foot in always snapping at the ankles of anyone who is near him. He is like a new signing for me !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote:I'm sure Samu will finish the season with at least 2-3 Player Of The Month awards mate :tup:.
We have been more attacking this season but if you take out 2 cup games against poor teams we have only scored 7 goals in 5 league games which works out at about roughly the same amount of goals as last season The most impressive 'stat' for our start to the season has to be the 4 clean sheets in 5 games for me, so I can see why our more defensive players such as: Cooper, O'Kane and Phillips have seen the most votes 4 clean sheets in a row is incredible at this level really.
Had our No.9 had his mind on the job as oppose to thinking about the £££'s coming his way we could have been in double-figures by now with 15 points in the bag sitting pretty at the top of the table level with Warnock's lot. One good aspect about this seasons play is we are creating more chances & looking likely to score goals. Our comfortable cup victories shouldn't be dismissed too easily as last year we struggled to overcome Fleetwood, Luton, Blackburn, etc....and then there was Sutton :x
1964white

Re: MOTM

Post by 1964white »

2017/18

Up to the SHEFF WED game

148 - Saiz Port Vale, Fulham, Sunderland, Sheff Wed
86 - Phillips
79 - Alioski Forest
73 - O'Kane Bolton (joint)
72 - Jansson Birmingham, Millwall
52 - Ayling
47 - Roofe Newport
35 - Shaughnessy Burnley
30 - Lasogga Burton
28 - Dallas Cardiff
26 - Hernandez
15 - Borthwick-Jackson
13 - Pennington
12 - Lonergan
12 - Vieira
11 - Klich
05 - Anita
05 - Wiedwald
05 - Wood
02 - Berardi
02 - Grot
01 - Eukban
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Our real class signing is walking this competition
1964white

Post by 1964white »

2017/18

Up to the READING game

163 - Saiz Port Vale, Fulham, Sunderland, Sheff Wed,
Reading (joint)

86 - Phillips
79 - Alioski Forest
74 - O'Kane Bolton (joint)
52 - Ayling
48 - Roofe Newport
35 - Shaughnessy Burnley
30 - Lasogga Burton
28 - Dallas Cardiff
26 - Hernandez
15 - Lonergan
15 - Borthwick-Jackson
13 - Pennington
12 - Lonergan Reading (joint)
12 - Vieira
11 - Klich
05 - Anita
05 - Wiedwald
05 - Wood
03 - Berardi
02 - Grot
01 - Eukban
01 - Sacko
hector

Post by hector »

Lonners is good Leon :-D :-D
Capture.JPG
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

2017/18

Up to the BRENTFORD game

217 - Saiz Port Vale, Fulham, Sunderland, Sheff Wed,
Reading (joint), Derby

118 - Phillips
81 - Alioski Forest
75 - O'Kane Bolton (joint)
53 - Lonergan Reading (joint), Sheff Utd
52 - Ayling
49 - Roofe Newport
44 - Hernandez Leicester
43 - Shaughnessy Burnley
42 - Vieira Bristol City, Brentford
34 - Lasogga Burton
30 - Dallas Cardiff
15 - Borthwick-Jackson
13 - Berardi
13 - Pennington
11 - Klich
05 - Anita
05 - Wiedwald
05 - Wood
02 - Grot
01 - Eukban
01 - Sacko
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:Lonners is good Leon :-D :-D
Thanks Hector, now amended :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

2017/18

Up to the BARNSLEY game

266 - Saiz Port Vale, Fulham, Sunderland, Sheff Wed,
Reading (joint), Derby, Barnsley

142 - Alioski Forest, Wolves
133 - Phillips
91 - Jansson Birmingham, Millwall
82 - Cooper Bolton (joint), Preston
75 - O'Kane Bolton (joint)
78 - Hernandez Leicester, Middlesbro'
62 - Roofe Newport
53 - Lonergan Reading (joint), Sheff Utd
53 - Ayling
43 - Shaughnessy Burnley
48 - Vieira Bristol City, Brentford
34 - Lasogga Burton
30 - Dallas Cardiff
16 - Berardi
15 - Borthwick-Jackson
13 - Eukban
13 - Pennington
11 - Klich
05 - Anita
05 - Wiedwald
05 - Wood
02 - Grot
01 - Sacko
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Saiz increases his lead at the top after his super show at Oakwell

Alioski moves into 2nd place after an impressive month

Incredibly Phillips has not won a MOTM but his consistent performances has secured him a top 3 place

Pontus moves up to 4th place after some steady performances of late
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Its about right, and vindicates the three nominations, remember this time last season with just the one MOTM Beradi hadn't scored a single point despite being one of our best players
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Its about right, and vindicates the three nominations, remember this time last season with just the one MOTM Beradi hadn't scored a single point despite being one of our best players
Agree think this season tables are a much better representation of performances

Thanks Faaip for the idea & new format :tup:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:Saiz increases his lead at the top after his super show at Oakwell

Alioski moves into 2nd place after an impressive month

Incredibly Phillips has not won a MOTM but his consistent performances has secured him a top 3 place

Pontus moves up to 4th place after some steady performances of late
In a way that's good for Phillips - suggests he's been consistent rather than a 9/10 followed by a 5/10. In a player of the season to date he would probably be in the running for second to Saiz along with Alioski and Jansson for me and probably just shading it.