Strictly Come Dancing

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Strictly Come Dancing

Post by Mrs64 »

I loved SCD last Sunday. Thought the pro-dancers routines were great. Debbie should never been in the dance off although I didn't think it was her best dance. Yes I'm looking forward to 'Dancing On Ice' in the New Year. I've seen Torvill & Dean several times at Wembley & they were amazing & they'll make great judges :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

What a fantastic show tonight. Joe opened the show and what an incredible quickstep. Debbie was awesome as usual. Just loved the pasadoblathon....reminded me of the old 'Come Dancing' show that I used to watch with my Nan. I think Susan and Kevin will be in the dance off along with Gemma....but I could be wrong of course....
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

whiteswan wrote:What a fantastic show tonight. Joe opened the show and what an incredible quickstep. Debbie was awesome as usual. Just loved the pasadoblathon....reminded me of the old 'Come Dancing' show that I used to watch with my Nan. I think Susan and Kevin will be in the dance off along with Gemma....but I could be wrong of course....
I agree another great show. I used to watch 'Come Dancing' too!

Yes I think Susan & Kevin could go with perhaps Mollie & AJ, we'll just have to wait & see.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Well we got it right ! bit of an uneven contest though, always thought Susan was great fun even if she wasn't the the best dancer!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

What a fantastic show last night. My favourite so far. I thought Debbie was just brilliant, so much so that I had to keep rewinding just to keep watxhing that neck spin over and over! Joe amd Alexandra were also brill....who is going home tonight Jill?
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

whiteswan wrote:What a fantastic show last night. My favourite so far. I thought Debbie was just brilliant, so much so that I had to keep rewinding just to keep watxhing that neck spin over and over! Joe amd Alexandra were also brill....who is going home tonight Jill?
Toss up between Davood & Gemma

Debbie was magnificent Swan

Really enjoyed the professionals Oliver dance routine as I love musicals

Like HECTOR I'm looking forward to tonight's show :wink:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mrs64 wrote:Toss up between Davood & Gemma

Debbie was magnificent Swan

Really enjoyed the professionals Oliver dance routine as I love musicals

Like HECTOR I'm looking forward to tonight's show :wink:
Agree about Davood and Gemma, it's getting really tight now. Not long to wait now to find out :lol:
Think Hector will be paint watching :roflmao:
hector

Post by hector »

Just thinking of the best way to spin McGee round the neck and get away with it.....

mweaaahhhaaahhhaaa :twisted: :twisted:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

I thought I improve my limited computer skills after I read Leon's post on how to post up a youtube clip so here is a song for you from a album we were playing on our journey to York today

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Wow! Alexandra in the dance off again. What the...... :duno: People must not be voting for her as she was top of the leader board. The right person went home in the dance off, but there was a worse performance than Davood's and that was Gemma. Oh well, see what next week brings :lol:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

whiteswan wrote:Wow! Alexandra in the dance off again. What the...... :duno: People must not be voting for her as she was top of the leader board. The right person went home in the dance off, but there was a worse performance than Davood's and that was Gemma. Oh well, see what next week brings :lol:
My sentiments entirely Swan :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

It;s all fixed!!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote:It;s all fixed!!
I don't think it is Hector, although there was a terrible decision from the judges a few years ago. Penny Lancaster was in the dance off with Gabby Logan (who was a fantastic dancer and should have won the competition!) But Mr Lancaster aka Rod Stewart was flying in to watch the show the following week and the beeb had made such a big deal of this. Gabby wiped the floor with Penny but the judges chose Penny Lancaster to go through. You could see that Len Goodman was extremely uncomfortable and upset when he had to make the final decision, so much so that there was talk of him quiting SCD. There was such a public backlash that the beeb dropped the dance off for a couple of years until things had calmed down. Do you remember that Jill?
hector

Post by hector »

So it has history of being fixed.... :shock: :shock:

ergo it is still fixed!! 8-)

QED my case is rested.... :wink: :wink:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote:So it has history of being fixed.... :shock: :shock:

ergo it is still fixed!! 8-)

QED my case is rested.... :wink: :wink:
I do think that in that particular case the judges were put under immense pressure by bbc heads to keep Mrs Stewart in the comp Hector. They'd built up Rod Sewart coming over to the uk just to see SCD for weeks....so wouldn't they have looked a bit stupid had she gone home the week before. I don't think the beeb would dare to upset the Britiah public again :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote:I don't think the beeb would dare to upset the Britiah public again :lol:
Of course they would......

they put this drivel on every week!! :shock: :shock:

:roflmao:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote:Of course they would......

they put this drivel on every week!! :shock: :shock:

:roflmao:
Right! You've earned it......... :whip:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

So! Joe is the winner.....not my first choice but a worthy winner as he was the one who improved so much throughout the show. But, what a fantastic final, such a great production by the beeb so no wonder it's one of their flagship programmes. So disappointed it's all over :cry:
(So sad for kevin though, looks like his missus Karen has dumped him.... :( )
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

whiteswan wrote:So! Joe is the winner.....not my first choice but a worthy winner as he was the one who improved so much throughout the show. But, what a fantastic final, such a great production by the beeb so no wonder it's one of their flagship programmes. So disappointed it's all over :cry:
(So sad for kevin though, looks like his missus Karen has dumped him.... :( )
I really enjoyed the final although l wanted Debbie to win. Joe would have been my second choice
The Beeb really pulled out all the stops like you I'm going miss one of my favourite Saturday programmes :( at least we have Dancing on Ice to look forward too in the New Year ! (something else to wind Hector up) :wink:

Btw have you seen my album nominations in the Album of the Year topic ? I'm surprised you haven't nominated the new Jane McDonald album :o
hector

Post by hector »

Mrs64 wrote: :( at least we have Dancing on Ice to look forward too in the New Year ! (something else to wind Hector up) :wink:

Is there no end to the drivel that passes for entertainment these days?? :wink:

Btw have you seen my album nominations in the Album of the Year topic ? I'm surprised you haven't nominated the new Jane McDonald album :o

I refer the honourable lady to my previous comment... :lol: :lol: