QPR v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

QPR v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

It will be interesting to see whether TC makes many changes on Saturday when Leeds travel down to Loftus Road to play QPR. Hopefully Pablo starts who is

Leeds have no fresh injury doubts, so the Leeds gaffer with Lasogga facing a late fitness test, hopefully Pablo starts who is an important cog of our set-up this season

Same team that started v Villa for me

The West Londoners have won twice since the beginning of October, beating Ipswich at home, and surprisingly enough against runaway leaders Wolves.

QPR boss Ian Holloway surely must be a result or two from losing his job as the Hoops turnover managers as many as we do !
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by weasel »

Would keep the same team if everyone was fit. Only possible change for me might be Lasogga so we have more a goal threat and it then means we actually have an impact sub on the bench too (Ekuban).
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Would keep the same team if everyone was fit. Only possible change for me might be Lasogga so we have more a goal threat and it then means we actually have an impact sub on the bench too (Ekuban).
That lump should fight for his place after his deplorable display at Griffin Park & the disrespect he showed to our fans who had travelled 200+miles only to witness him amble around the pitch with the poor attitude that initially brought him to Leeds
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lassie fan but i wouldn't drop Ekuban, very important to how we play imo.

Same team, well actually id rather Bera rb, CBJ lb, but that wont happen.

Start of our glorious 7 game winning run :-D

Like to see Klich and Lassie on the bench though, be nice to have some quality for a change.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Like to see Klich and Lassie on the bench though, be nice to have some quality for a change.
Our bench v Villa & Barnsley was woeful :cry:
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

It would seem that the tide has turned with regards to peoples perception of Hernandez not playing well away from home. Not having a go at anyone, genuinely interested to hear what has changed peoples minds, or more to the point what people believe has changed within Pablo's play.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Our bench v Villa & Barnsley was woeful :cry:
Didnt exactly inspire confidence :shock:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Azkalwhite wrote:It would seem that the tide has turned with regards to peoples perception of Hernandez not playing well away from home. Not having a go at anyone, genuinely interested to hear what has changed peoples minds, or more to the point what people believe has changed within Pablo's play.
For me he has shown he can work hard away from home more this season, never doubted his quality just his effort to do the nitty gritty.

Besides, talent wise he is probably our most gifted player.
Dallas, Roofe, Sacko arent the same league.
Signed

King Cjay

hector

Post by hector »

I have never mentioned it about his away play, but...

perhaps it is now the opposition have other players to knobble as in Saiz and Allioski, so not so much attention is focused on him and he has more space than last season....
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Same team that started against the Villians, perhaps with Lassie on the bench just hope TC starts to use his bench better, thought his lack of inspiration with his subs against the Villians and other games have lost us points.

Many managers fail to capitalise on impact subs but the best do and that can make the difference between been good and great
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Cjay wrote:Lassie fan but i wouldn't drop Ekuban, very important to how we play imo.
If only Lasogga had the same work rate and attitude as Ekuban.

Of course if he did, he'd be back in the Bundesliga.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Azkalwhite wrote:It would seem that the tide has turned with regards to peoples perception of Hernandez not playing well away from home. Not having a go at anyone, genuinely interested to hear what has changed peoples minds, or more to the point what people believe has changed within Pablo's play.
Always thought Pablo is a quality clever player, had two of his best games in the aways at Cardiff & Norwich last season. He now has players around him on the same wavelength in Saiz & Alioski plus the pace & movement of Ekuban gives Hernandez options he didn't have in Monk's team
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-8896611

Hernandez, O'Kane and Dallas still doubtful.

Lassie should be back, rumored to be training this week.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Two of QPR's better players missing on Saturday after being sent-off at Preston
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

John in Louisiana wrote:If only Lasogga had the same work rate and attitude as Ekuban.

Of course if he did, he'd be back in the Bundesliga.
This is sadly probably true :cry:
Signed

King Cjay

60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Can't believe that there is any debate on the Ekuban v Lazyogga situation. I know he hasn't scored yet but its Ekuban without a doubt for me !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote:Can't believe that there is any debate on the Ekuban v Lazyogga situation. I know he hasn't scored yet but its Ekuban without a doubt for me !!
Discussion is good 60'U....agree has to start :tup:
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

hector wrote:I have never mentioned it about his away play, but...

perhaps it is now the opposition have other players to knobble as in Saiz and Allioski, so not so much attention is focused on him and he has more space than last season....
Like your thinking, and would tend to agree :tup:
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this - apologies if they have - this game is the internationally broadcast 3pm Championship match of this weekend therefore there will be plenty of live tv streams flying around for those that can access those.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

60sUnited wrote:Can't believe that there is any debate on the Ekuban v Lazyogga situation. I know he hasn't scored yet but its Ekuban without a doubt for me !!
Huge debate in my opinion as one, for all his faults, is a natural goalscorer and the other, for all his excellent attributes, doesn't look like a goalscorer. Often strikers have won the man of the match award for scoring a hat trick but might have hardly touched the ball all match and certainly contributed nothing for the team apart from winning them the match. As such for me I'd be tempted to start Lasogga and you them have a huge weapon on the bench if Lasogga has a poor game or you simply want to change the dynamic of the game by introducing pace against tired defenders. I don't see Lasogga as having the same sort of sub impact. But once again happy to leave the decision up to TC who will see how PL has looked in training and whether he is over the injury/illness that he has had.