Eunan O'Kane

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cjay »

Is todays player.

Signed on deadline day last summer.

A regular for a time under Monk, injury stopped that and he was never really able to establish himself again.

Come back into the fold under TC and has been one of the first names on the teamsheet.

So where do people stand on Eunan O'Kane?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cjay »

I'm not a fan.

He was ok when things were going well, just ok mind you not anything special.

Since then he has been one of the worst players imo, with Ayling and Cooper, O'Kane is like them very experienced and he has not performed how he should in situations like this.

Klich was hounded for 1 slip, O'Kane has given the ball away unchallenged on multiple occasions and 1 cost us a goal directly.

Weak, no fight, no positional sense, offers no protection, passing isnt great, runs down blind alleys, not the sort of player for a fight like we are in now.

Needs dropping and a bench role from now on.
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote:I'm not a fan.

He was ok when things were going well, just ok mind you not anything special.

Since then he has been one of the worst players imo, with Ayling and Cooper, O'Kane is like them very experienced and he has not performed how he should in situations like this.

Klich was hounded for 1 slip, O'Kane has given the ball away unchallenged on multiple occasions and 1 cost us a goal directly.

Weak, no fight, no positional sense, offers no protection, passing isnt great, runs down blind alleys, not the sort of player for a fight like we are in now.

Needs dropping and a bench role from now on.
Just for clarity - you don't rate him then CJ :lol:

Must admit he is the one with experience in the MF that should be binding it all together and have to agree that he falls well short of that a large chunk of the time, too inconsistent and a little bit lightweight. As I've said in other threads we need a real top class CMF to bring a bit of stability and consistency and develop Vieira and Phillips.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Just for clarity - you don't rate him then CJ :lol:

Must admit he is the one with experience in the MF that should be binding it all together and have to agree that he falls well short of that a large chunk of the time, too inconsistent and a little bit lightweight. As I've said in other threads we need a real top class CMF to bring a bit of stability and consistency and develop Vieira and Phillips.
I'm on the fence . . . . :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote:I'm on the fence . . . . :lol:
Ahhhh....that fence :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Began the season well so much so that I thought Eunan was a player to build a team around him.

Unfortunately his game has gone off the boil as with so many of our players

Needs benching for the Boro' game imo
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Ahhhh....that fence :lol:
Its a special fence :roflmao:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dont actually see what he does.

Was just sort of there today, we were more open without him to be fair however, but as a player i dont see what he brings at all.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Very poor man's Liam Bridcutt...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

He got off to a good start this season, but his loss of former has been big. He looked to be trying hard, but he looked lost. His passing was poor, he was off the pace. I think it's someone else's turn.
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Still useless
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

See above. . . . . . .

TC seems to want to appeal, and i couldn't see properly from the stream.

First instinct was a punch, seems it was a headbutt, although TC is saying he was provoked, same as Saiz was provoked.

There not children, no excuse.

And if he was innocent why did he just walk off? innocent players never walk off, they make a fuss, there teammates make a fuss, telling imo.

Dont rate O'Kane anyways, wasnt doing much before he went off.
Signed

King Cjay

60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Without the young Viera in our midfield we are doomed.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: And if he was innocent why did he just walk off? innocent players never walk off, they make a fuss, there teammates make a fuss, telling imo.
That was my thought at the time - at the very least you would have been asking the ref why he was sending you off and trying to get him to speak to the assistant ref as well.

That said the officials missed the Ipswich players headbutt on Berardi near the end of the match. Albeit it wasn't a forceful headbutt but 99.9% of players would have fallen to the ground to get the player sent off. The Ipswich player should have been sent off but no doubt nothing will happen to him as he isn't a Leeds player.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote:That was my thought at the time - at the very least you would have been asking the ref why he was sending you off and trying to get him to speak to the assistant ref as well.

That said the officials missed the Ipswich players headbutt on Berardi near the end of the match. Albeit it wasn't a forceful headbutt but 99.9% of players would have fallen to the ground to get the player sent off. The Ipswich player should have been sent off but no doubt nothing will happen to him as he isn't a Leeds player.
Exactly, nobody protested at all, which means we either have the most passive players in LUFC history or it was the right decision.

O'Kane didn't make a squeak, he walked off without an utterance of protest.

Didn't see the Berardi one, must have missed that.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I saw a hand come up and look to strike the Ipswich player, Referee was 5 yards away, O'Kane didn't question it (knew what he'd done) and neither did any other Leeds player.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

When he was walking off, you could see Anita ask him what happened, he replied and Anita seemed to give a shrug of acceptance.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We've either got ourselves a team full of impatient head cases or they're projecting TC's anger ...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

There is a clear angle on twitter of the incident.

Bloke goes down like a sack of spuds, but O'Shame clearly Headbutts him. Overreaction aside it shows why there was no protests.
Signed

King Cjay