Jonny Evans

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Jonny Evans

Post by Cjay »

For £25million

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arsene Wenger being interested, not surprised, bless his heart but he lost the plot a decade ago.

WTF is Pep thinking!!!!!!!!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jonny Evans

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote:For £25million

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WTF is Pep thinking!!!!!!!!!!!
:shock: Is that an offer Cjay or has the deal been done? I did hear that Citeh and arsenal were interested
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Not sure what the laughter's for, Cjay, Evans is an excellent centre half. Look at his performances for WBA and Northern Ireland over the last few seasons, he's been one of the most consistent CHs in British football. Just because he plays for an unfashionable club doesn't mean he isn't worth that money. Personally think if City get him for that, it will be an great piece of business
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Not sure what the laughter's for, Cjay, Evans is an excellent centre half. Look at his performances for WBA and Northern Ireland over the last few seasons, he's been one of the most consistent CHs in British football. Just because he plays for an unfashionable club doesn't mean he isn't worth that money. Personally think if City get him for that, it will be an great piece of business
Agree Nick :tup: looks a decent CB imo!
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

The money in football over the last few years is just mental Evans is a decent CB but £25million at is age, £140+ million for Courtino now that’s madness but then I thought £15million for McCormack was mental :roflmao: :lol:

And here’s another I don’t blame the players one bit I’d take the money as well and at least this player has the brains to invest in property, it’s more the clubs, agents and all this TV money the bubble will eventually burst probably when we all get bored of watching football where a player can’t touch an opponent and it’s the club with the biggest pay cheque wins everything :x

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote:Not sure what the laughter's for, Cjay, Evans is an excellent centre half. Look at his performances for WBA and Northern Ireland over the last few seasons, he's been one of the most consistent CHs in British football. Just because he plays for an unfashionable club doesn't mean he isn't worth that money. Personally think if City get him for that, it will be an great piece of business
£25million pounds is ludicrous.

Not his fault of course, just shows how inflated the market is.

Summer before last Bayern paid between £20-30 mill for Mats Hummels, a genuinely world class cb.

Evans for £25m next to that is a joke imo.
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote:£25million pounds is ludicrous.

Not his fault of course, just shows how inflated the market is.

Summer before last Bayern paid between £20-30 mill for Mats Hummels, a genuinely world class cb.

Evans for £25m next to that is a joke imo.
Fact of life that an average Prem player changes hands these days for £20 odd million. Evans if an established international and has been for many years, £25m is not excessive in the grand scheme of things. Watch him go if he moves to City
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote:Fact of life that an average Prem player changes hands these days for £20 odd million. Evans if an established international and has been for many years, £25m is not excessive in the grand scheme of things. Watch him go if he moves to City
Established international for Northern Ireland doesnt say much (Irish on my mums side so I'm allowed to say that) :)

Unfortunately you are correct, said as much in my confession :(

Average in the Premier League costs big money.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

A lot of money but that's the name of the game nowadays. My mate is a baggie and he'll be very sorry to see him go, thinks it may be the nail in the coffin for relegation.