Attacking Conundrum

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Attacking Conundrum

Post by Cjay »

Before the window i felt we needed a striker PLUS an extra option behind the main striker, give us something special on the bench.

Be that the new player or Saiz, Alioski, Pablo etc plus, Lassie, Ekuban, Roofe etc.

Now we have no Saiz or Ekuban until February, add that to an unfit Lassie, an inconsistent Roofe, an ageing Pablo and an inconsistent Alioski.

We all agree we need a new striker.

But until such a time as that hopefully happens, how do we cope without Saiz?

Ideally tomorrow morning there is a press conference called, Orta, Radz and TC walk in, and the 3M's are unveiled (see other thread, slightly biased ideal i realise) :)

But thats unlikely at best, and virtually impossible before Ipswich.

So with that in mind, how do we set up?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Attacking Conundrum

Post by 1964white »

Roofe upfront with Hernandez pulling the strings playing the No.10 role

Push Phillips further forward with Vieira & O'Kane as our holding midfielders

No other suitable options tbh
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

probably be a loanee or a journey man arriving , the club have already invested millions in the squad and ground buy back , make do and start afresh again next season .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:probably be a loanee or a journey man arriving , the club have already invested millions in the squad and ground buy back , make do and start afresh again next season .
We did get £20m for Wood & Taylor

I personally think we've built our squad on the cheap, we've wasted a few bob imo!

NOT another journeyman loanee please :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Pablo is different to Saiz of course. Slower, less mobility, wont pick the ball up edge of our box and try running it up the pitch (although Samu lost it quite a bit doing that).

But, he is capable of beating a couple of players and laying the ball off, he is technically imo better then Saiz and his vision is better then anyone else in the squad.

But can he play 6 matches in a row, 90 minutes? Not far off his 33rd birthday.

Roofe and Ali are inconsistent, dont think Roofe is good enough anyways, but as it stands we have no better.

Is there nobody in the u23s who we could bring through for this month?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote:We did get £20m for Wood & Taylor

I personally think we've built our squad on the cheap, we've wasted a few bob imo!

NOT another journeyman loanee please :(
I’m not so sure about us having wasted money, Saiz got to be worth significantly more than the £3m we paid for him, Jansson the £4.5m reported and Alioski the £1.5m.....reckon those 3 have got to be worth a conservative £20m which more than covers what we’ve spent on the ones who haven’t worked out so well. Add in that Roofe has had a decent season and would probably fetch at least what we paid and I reckon the recruitment financially has been a relative success. We did have gaps that we all knew needed filling that didn’t get filled and hopefully we can address some of those in what’s left of January.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Peterborough have Marcus Maddison and Jack Marriott who have both
been doing well for their club and Leeds are supposed to be interested
in both of them. Remember when Charlie Austin and Billy Paynter were
on offer from the lower leagues and Leeds made the mistake of going
with PAynter instead of Austin. I just hope they get it right
if you go after the Peterborough men,
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:Roofe upfront with Hernandez pulling the strings playing the No.10 role

Push Phillips further forward with Vieira & O'Kane as our holding midfielders

No other suitable options tbh
Lasogga up top, Roofe and Alioski on the wings (Cibicki as back up allowing for Roofe to go up top if Lasogga is subbed or straight sub for Roofe/Alioski) Hernandez in the no.10 and then hopefully Vieira alongside Phillips and if Vieira is still injured then either O'Kane or Klich.

No reason why Roofe cannot be as productive, goals wise, from out wide as he has license to get in the box.