Yorkshire Football Team

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YIFA Supporters Club
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @yifasupporters

Yorkshire Football Team

Post by YIFA Supporters Club »

Hello folks, I come in peace.

First all let me just say well done on a promising season so far, I hope you push on now. Leeds are a Premier League club no doubt about it.

Secondly you have probably seen a lot about the YIFA Yorkshire team on the tele and in the papers etc recently. I just wanted to say we do have a supporters club and a supporters club forum over at www.vikingsroar.co.uk if you could please pop over and sign up we would appreciate it.

Mods, apologies if this is spam/in the wrong section.

Best of luck.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Yorkshire Football Team

Post by Cjay »

Welcome :) :) :) :)

Could you explain what exactly this is about please?

Personally, i havent a clue, maybe its not living in Yorkshire, but im at a loss here.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YIFA Supporters Club
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @yifasupporters

Post by YIFA Supporters Club »

Cjay wrote:Welcome :) :) :) :)

Could you explain what exactly this is about please?

Personally, i havent a clue, maybe its not living in Yorkshire, but im at a loss here.
Sure.

In a nutshell, just as other regions across the UK and the world have representative teams so does Yorkshire now. Around the UK there are the likes of the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, Shetlands etc that have been established years and play in the Island Games and CONIFA competitions.

Yorkshire has been voted overwhelmingly into the CONIFA family. CONIFA is an organisation that creates tournaments around the world for small nations, regions, displaced people and a whole other bunch of people and is wildly popular. This means our Yorkshire team could potentially play in the CONIFA version of the World Cup against the likes of regions of the UK all the way through to displaced people such as Panjab or small nations. Obviously small nations use this as a stepping stone into UEFA then FIFA such as Gibraltar.

It isn’t new, it used to be a thing, when Yorkshire schoolboy teams were pipulr and the regional Footballs Associaitions organised games for senior teams but under the banner of their organisation rather than an actual Yorkshire team. This fell by the wayside decades ago.

Obviously other sports have this, notably cricket, where Yorkshire play against other UK regions domestically but also occasionally have played tests against touring nations etc. Rugby is another sport where this was a thing.

So YIFA took the bull by the horns and brought about a proper Yorkshire team. I’m Chair of the Supporters Club and obviously would love our regions fans to really get behind this just as our cricket clubs get behind Yorkshire cricket.

Hope this helps.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thanks for the information

Good luck
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YIFA Supporters Club wrote:Sure.

In a nutshell, just as other regions across the UK and the world have representative teams so does Yorkshire now. Around the UK there are the likes of the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, Shetlands etc that have been established years and play in the Island Games and CONIFA competitions.

Yorkshire has been voted overwhelmingly into the CONIFA family. CONIFA is an organisation that creates tournaments around the world for small nations, regions, displaced people and a whole other bunch of people and is wildly popular. This means our Yorkshire team could potentially play in the CONIFA version of the World Cup against the likes of regions of the UK all the way through to displaced people such as Panjab or small nations. Obviously small nations use this as a stepping stone into UEFA then FIFA such as Gibraltar.

It isn’t new, it used to be a thing, when Yorkshire schoolboy teams were pipulr and the regional Footballs Associaitions organised games for senior teams but under the banner of their organisation rather than an actual Yorkshire team. This fell by the wayside decades ago.

Obviously other sports have this, notably cricket, where Yorkshire play against other UK regions domestically but also occasionally have played tests against touring nations etc. Rugby is another sport where this was a thing.

So YIFA took the bull by the horns and brought about a proper Yorkshire team. I’m Chair of the Supporters Club and obviously would love our regions fans to really get behind this just as our cricket clubs get behind Yorkshire cricket.

Hope this helps.
Ah fair enough, thanks for the clear response, goodluck :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom