Leeds v Millwall - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Millwall - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 60sUnited »

Really annoying that Forshaw can't start, although even if he wasn't 'carrying a knock' TC would not have played him ! Strange policy given he is an experienced player and imo doesnt need time to 'settle in'.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

On the train to the game atm, think this will be a really tough game Millwall are strong defensively plus we are struggling to score goals.

Team I would go with

Wiedwald

Berardi
Jansson
Cooper
De Bock

Vieira
Klich

Alioski
Hernandez
Dallas

Roofe

Subs: Lonergan, Shaughnessy, Anita, Phillips, Sacko, Cibicki, Lasogga

Need some more control in the midfield I personally think Klich is our most composed midfielder and best passer from what I have seen of him. A balanced team is key everyone playing in their natural positions we’ve looked unbalanced for ages now.

It will probably be a midfield of Vieira and Phillips, we should be ok defensively with but I would much prefer a midfielder like Forshaw/Klich alongside Vieira who has the ability to control the game a little bit more at this moment in time. KP has played the box to box role really well this season but isn’t a great passer of the ball and has been a little bit out of form recently. He has progressed really well this season and I really like him as a player but I do think TC needs to give KP a rest (he’s looked a lot less energetic recently) and try something a little bit different in the midfield.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oscar wrote:On the train to the game atm, think this will be a really tough game Millwall are strong defensively plus we are struggling to score goals.
I can't see many goals in what will be a tough game as you say Oscar

Could be a turgid/dour game going on the form of both teams

Just hoping us fans are entertained which would be a nice surprise !
stevewall
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by stevewall »

they have lifted the restrictions on millwall fans and they have sold their allocation of 1400 could easily have sold double that have taken 2300 to villa and 1500 to Sunderland this season with an average home gate of 12000 that's not bad in fact as a percentage of home attendance's it's quite good and we haven't won an away game yet . enjoy your day but not the result .
gessa

Post by gessa »

gessa wrote:Forshaw carrying a knock apparently.

His shirt is on a hanger in the changing room.
First announcement a red herring from TC?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:His shirt is on a hanger in the changing room.
First announcement a red herring from TC?

Carrying a knock is a TC euphemism for "I'm probably not going to play him" I'm beginning to distrust anything TC says about injuries.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

stevewall wrote:they have lifted the restrictions on millwall fans and they have sold their allocation of 1400 could easily have sold double that have taken 2300 to villa and 1500 to Sunderland this season with an average home gate of 12000 that's not bad in fact as a percentage of home attendance's it's quite good and we haven't won an away game yet . enjoy your day but not the result .

You don't know Leeds fans..we can't do the first if the second goes against us. Lose and the day will be ruined
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
stevewall
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by stevewall »

faaip wrote:You don't know Leeds fans..we can't do the first if the second goes against us. Lose and the day will be ruined
I know I understand that we are so used to losing that we invent ways to enjoy the day ,or try anyway , despite the needle between us in recent years I don't dislike leeds and as a millwall fan for almost 50 years I still think the best club side I've ever seen was leeds under Don revie and id like to see leeds get into the premiership a club with good supporters without the plastic happy clappy plastic nonsense that the premiership has become
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Wiedwald, De Bock, Jansson, Cooper (c), Berardi, Phillips, Vieira, Alioski, Hernandez, Roofe, Lasogga

Lonners, Shog, Penn, Cibicki, Dallas, Sacko, Anita
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Very weak bench with 4 defenders, 2 ineffectual wingers and Dallas coming back from injury
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

faaip wrote:Very weak bench with 4 defenders, 2 ineffectual wingers and Dallas coming back from injury
You are right faaip, worrying bench which offers no hope if we need to make changes to be more offensive !!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I have a good feeling about this game....but I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Looks a good team on paper, lets hope we can go at least 85 minutes before making a sub
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Again Shog over Klich points to a deep seated problem regarding TC and Klich..no doubt Klich has a little finger injury keeping him out this week
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Alright with that team as long as Roofe is left Ali right.

Let the full backs provide the width.

Agree on the bench, not 1 game changer between them.
Edit . And shog over Klich ffs . Vieira probably wont finish the game so we have Phillips and Shog at some point.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Pm if there is a stream going
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »