Gianni Alioski

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Gianni Alioski

Post by Cjay »

Dont agree, yes he isnt perfect and yes he can make the wrong choice. but for a guy in his first season he has done well. His work rate is second to none, he has shown moments of quality, and made some vital contributions today.

He can improve his decision making, keep saying it but how many players struggle in the 1st season?

Today i thought he did alright, certainly better then Sacko last game or Dallas when he came on.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Today i thought he did alright, certainly better then Sacko last game or Dallas when he came on.
That doesn't say a lot.....there were few pluses today & Alioski wasn't one of them
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:That doesn't say a lot.....there were few pluses today & Alioski wasn't one of them
This isnt aimed at you personally as i respect your opinion and you pay good money to watch us up and down the country.

But, i am sick to death of a section of our fan base tearing new signings to shreds, we wonder why "lesser" clubs sign players we feel we should be getting.

Maybe its because the players talk, check social media and see our fans tearing strips of a 19 year old kid in his 1st season in England.

Or hammering a goalkeeper who played in the Bundesliga last season and calling for a goalkeeper who was useless the 1st time round to replace him.

Or calling a striker with a decent record in the Bundesliga fat and lazy and useless, despite, no matter what we think of his commitment, a fairly decent record and him missing the birth of his child to play for us.

Or Alioski being slaughtered most weeks from the day he arrived if he doesn't do something brilliant every game, claiming we should have signed players like Kent who scored and assited less in a full season then Ali has in half.

It winds me up and is why i try to stay off social media, how do they think it looks to potential signings when they see these players, none of whom have disgraced themselves in there first seasons, yet they are lambasted online most weeks.

Perhaps these people should imagine what its like as a human being, moving away from your family, friends, home, to another country, where you dont know the language fluently, where you have to adapt as a person (forget the football) , where you wont have your support network etc. And with all this you have a job to do,
you have new teammates to get to know, you have a new coach, you have different training methods, different tactics, different instructions, different sort of league style, different referee strictness etc etc.

Think ive kind of snapped reading twitter today . . Just think our fanbase needs to lay off our newer lads, be thankful for what they have done so far, be critical but be understanding, realise the situation they are in and THINK how hard many foreign signings up and down the tiers have found there 1st seasons.
Signed

King Cjay

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

What he should stop: questioning and moaning when decisions go against him, as when he got the yello card today.
It is f**king enoying, because no positve effect results from it.
And when he plays on the right side he hardly ever gets past the defender on the inside. Rather predictable.
But he gives his best tracking back and helping to defend.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Needs a rest maybe, but I didn't think he was bad today, trying too hard I'd say
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Who's the 19 year old in his first season?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote:What he should stop: questioning and moaning when decisions go against him, as when he got the yello card today.
It is f**king enoying, because no positve effect results from it.
And when he plays on the right side he hardly ever gets past the defender on the inside. Rather predictable.
But he gives his best tracking back and helping to defend.
Not good enough right now imo!

I defy anyone who thinks he has given at least one 7/10 performance over the last 9 games

Needs benching, not the same player without Saiz orchestrating play in the middle of the park
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Who's the 19 year old in his first season?
Grot ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ah right, yes shouldn't really be near the first team yet but he's done ok first season
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Not good enough right now imo!

I defy anyone who thinks he has given at least one 7/10 performance over the last 9 games

Needs benching, not the same player without Saiz orchestrating play in the middle of the park
Who plays instead?
Dallas who had 0 impact and lost the ball for the 4th.
Sacko who has 0 end product.
Signed

King Cjay

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Dallas has been been decent this season, should be given a change in my opinion. Gives more balance, does as much defending as attacking generally.

Sacko, shouldnt be anywhere near a football pitch.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Who plays instead?
Dallas who had 0 impact and lost the ball for the 4th.
Sacko who has 0 end product.
Once again we have a very fragile squad all down to poor recruitment during the summer.

The options are not great....

Sacko should never been signed
Dallas to be fair to him has hardly kicked a football in three months
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:Dallas has been been decent this season, should be given a change in my opinion. Gives more balance, does as much defending as attacking generally.

Sacko, shouldnt be anywhere near a football pitch.
:tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Once again we have a very fragile squad all down to poor recruitment during the summer.

To be fair to Dallas he hasnt, but his career to date doesnt suggest someone who will win you games with goals and assists.

Marcus Maddison at Pboro would be a nice option to have
Signed

King Cjay

Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Alioski ran his nuts off yesterday..
He's an average player in an average side.
But if he gives his all, then I'm happy with that.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Again Alioski suffering from poor coaching and man management, much better playing on the right imo.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote:Once again we have a very fragile squad all down to poor recruitment during the summer.

Why would you sack the manager then? If the options for the current one aren’t good enough, you’ll only be calling for the next manager to be sacked in April unless this useless squad isn’t added to.
As somebody who only attends three games a year, watches on tv and uses forums and twitter to keep in touch with my team, I no my opinion is not as strong as yours, but surely, giving somebody who has had this team playing some lovely stuff at times deserves a proper crack.
A team full of people new to this league, next season Ali, Saiz, Vieira de Bock philips will all be better for the season gone by, TC can build, players improve with experience surely managers can.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote:Why would you sack the manager then? If the options for the current one aren’t good enough, you’ll only be calling for the next manager to be sacked in April unless this useless squad isn’t added to.
As somebody who only attends three games a year, watches on tv and uses forums and twitter to keep in touch with my team, I no my opinion is not as strong as yours, but surely, giving somebody who has had this team playing some lovely stuff at times deserves a proper crack.
A team full of people new to this league, next season Ali, Saiz, Vieira de Bock philips will all be better for the season gone by, TC can build, players improve with experience surely managers can.
Firstly dezzy I asked the question 'Should he go or should he stay'

At no time did I say we should sack Christiansen although right now I have serious reservations whether TC is capable of taking us to the next level. My main beef has been the poor recruitment last summer which shifts the blame ultimately to Orta who is responsible for scouting & signing the players for Christiansen to coach. I do think TC's philosophy is to play attractive football & yes he has got us playing much better style of play than his predecessor Garry Monk.

Saiz is our only real success Orta signed
Felix is looking better
Lassoga has had a couple of decent games
Alioski started the season well but his form has declined

Out of all the new signings only Wiedwald, Saiz & Alioski have regularly started making over 20+ appearances I believe, so our first XI has basically been Monk's team with these three additions so our current Leeds team is not littered with new players to the championship

I do agree with you players do need time to settle in at a new club :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Again Alioski suffering from poor coaching and man management, much better playing on the right imo.
He played on the right yesterday
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We could go around and around with Alioski.

Yesterday, he had a decent run and shot in the 1st half, id like to see him do that more (like he did early season) .

He ran and ran his nuts off and was consistently the one closing down the gk when we were down to 10 men and it was him who got to there gk first that caused the 2nd goal.

it was also his tracking back that saved us in the 2nd half from them having a clean strike at goal.

Next season we will have a star on our hands imo.
Signed

King Cjay