January signings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: January signings

Post by 8ballali »

Cjay wrote:Sam Dalby signs from Leyton Orient.

http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/ar ... p?a=518928

Joins the u23s along with the other 357 "talented " strikers we have there.
Apparently all the new players are because we're having two u23 teams next season.
The A team will be like it is this season.
The B team will consist of a goalkeeper, and ten strikers.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

8ballali wrote:Apparently all the new players are because we're having two u23 teams next season.
The A team will be like it is this season.
The B team will consist of a goalkeeper, and ten strikers.

:lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Sam Dalby signs from Leyton Orient.

http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/ar ... p?a=518928

Joins the u23s along with the other 357 "talented " strikers we have there.
Sam is prolific...........1 goal in 19 appearances :duno:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Sam is prolific...........1 goal in 19 appearances :duno:
Hopefully will improve . . .. . .

Buy cheap sell high, a good striker will make the most profit etc.

Hope 1 turns out good, if so we make a ton of cash, its wonderful in theory but is a very risky business model without the financial clout and brand of a Manchester City who do similar and have for a few years.

They took care of the 1st team first :(

We do it back to front
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote:Hopefully will improve . . .. . .

Buy cheap sell high, a good striker will make the most profit etc.

Hope 1 turns out good, if so we make a ton of cash, its wonderful in theory but is a very risky business model without the financial clout and brand of a Manchester City who do similar and have for a few years.

They took care of the 1st team first :(

We do it back to front
City also had probably around £500m+ to throw at their first team, I don't think we do. DeBruyne's wages for a year would probably buy you the whole Leeds team and still give you more change than an average person could spend in their lifetime.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norwich sign Onel Hernandez, Dennis Srbeny and Moritz Leitner from German clubs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42818520
1964white

Post by 1964white »

French striker Lois Diony signs for Championship club Bristol City on loan until the end of the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42795108
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jason Shackell agrees Millwall loan move

A centre-back who was on our doorstep at Barnsley & a we should have signed years ago
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Jason Shackell agrees Millwall loan move

A centre-back who was on our doorstep at Barnsley & a centre-back we should have signed years ago

Tbf, Millwall have never signed a player and I've thought, s**t, I wish we'd signed him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Tbf, Millwall have never signed a player and I've thought, s**t, I wish we'd signed him.
Shackell was decent when the rams signed him in 2011
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Shackell was decent when the rams signed him in 2011
I wonder if he was 1 of the 2 Grayson wanted but papa smurf said no to..
Last edited by gessa on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gessa

Post by gessa »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No question mark needed...says so in the blurb. Really not sure where we're going with this.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think that's the 5th or 6th U23 player signed in this window...maybe more. We already have an U23 team as big as our first team squad
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I wonder if he was 1 of the 2 Grayson wanted but papa smurf said no to..
Possibly as we were linked with Shackell but nothing materialised, then he headed off to Derby

Too old now although he'll probably do a decent job for Millwall
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Think that's the 5th or 6th U23 player signed in this window...maybe more. We already have an U23 team as big as our first team squad
Doesn't make sense unless we are building a team for 2020 where some gems are going to materialise from the U23's :duno:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote:No question mark needed...says so in the blurb. Really not sure where we're going with this.
Stockpiling youngsters in the hope we can flog them for huge cash in the future.

Similar to Manchester City just without the title winning 1st team.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote:No question mark needed...says so in the blurb. Really not sure where we're going with this.
Seems fairly obvious to me. We are trying to get in as many promising youngsters as we can because the success rate of promising youngsters becoming really good first team footballers is low so we are simply improving the odds that we will get some good players in future years.

I just don't see why people keep knocking this. Firstly it proves AR isn't simply here to make a quick buck - he has a long term strategy that he feels can succeed even if we fail to win promotion in the short term. We aren't trying to simply get into the premiership and then hoping that the money it brings will be the answer. Look at how many clubs are in a real mess after being relegated with horrendous debts. Clubs in the premiership are having to spend more and more money on huge transfer fees and salaries as they gamble everything on surviving in the premiership. AR looks to be trying to put us in a position where once we get to the premiership we can survive in there without having to spend every penny of premiership money on signings and wages.

A lot of these youngsters will fail. However you just have to look at how much clubs like Man U can sell their failed academy prospects for as whilst they may not be good enough for a title challenging premiership side they are good enough for the mid level premiership teams and championship clubs. It brings in far more than it costs and if 1 or 2 turn into first team players then in today's over inflated market that could be the equivalent of not having to buy 2 players at £30m each.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Speculation that the mystery swap player is Jack Rodwell.

No thanks

No real affinity to Sunderland but he has been leeching of them since the day he signed.

I'd rather we signed Michael Tonge
Signed

King Cjay

8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

weasel wrote:
Seems fairly obvious to me. We are trying to get in as many promising youngsters as we can because the success rate of promising youngsters becoming really good first team footballers is low so we are simply improving the odds that we will get some good players in future years.

I just don't see why people keep knocking this. Firstly it proves AR isn't simply here to make a quick buck - he has a long term strategy that he feels can succeed even if we fail to win promotion in the short term. We aren't trying to simply get into the premiership and then hoping that the money it brings will be the answer. Look at how many clubs are in a real mess after being relegated with horrendous debts. Clubs in the premiership are having to spend more and more money on huge transfer fees and salaries as they gamble everything on surviving in the premiership. AR looks to be trying to put us in a position where once we get to the premiership we can survive in there without having to spend every penny of premiership money on signings and wages.

A lot of these youngsters will fail. However you just have to look at how much clubs like Man U can sell their failed academy prospects for as whilst they may not be good enough for a title challenging premiership side they are good enough for the mid level premiership teams and championship clubs. It brings in far more than it costs and if 1 or 2 turn into first team players then in today's over inflated market that could be the equivalent of not having to buy 2 players at £30m each.
Completely agree. We've managed to bring a few through over the last ten years or so. Andrea is trying to bring through more. It's a much smaller financial risk while these lads are still under twenty.
Having said that, it's frustrating waiting for an experienced centre-forward to sign. With Ekubans injury problems this season, we need a proven striker in case Super Lasogga or Roofe get injured.

Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)