January signings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: January signings

Post by 1964white »

Burton Albion sign Derby's former England striker Darren Bent on loan
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mallik Wilks (came on as a sub in the Sutton fiasco) gone to Grimsby on loan
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Burton loan out Stephen Warnock to Bradford City
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Cjay wrote:https://www.footballinsider247.com/sour ... -signings/
:(

Some things never change
I think that's probably bulls*it. We have Roofe and Super Lasogga, but other than that, Wilks was the closest to a place on the bench as an out and out centre-forward, and we've let him go out on loan. I can't see us being prepared to leave ourselves with only the two players for that position. I think it's much more likely that we have a plan in place for a new centre-forward to Come in before Tuesday.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

8ballali wrote:I think that's probably bulls*it. We have Roofe and Super Lasogga, but other than that, Wilks was the closest to a place on the bench as an out and out centre-forward, and we've let him go out on loan. I can't see us being prepared to leave ourselves with only the two players for that position. I think it's much more likely that we have a plan in place for a new centre-forward to Come in before Tuesday.

Wish i had your optimism, can fully see us signing nobody's to improve the 1st team.

They let Wilks go out before and all we had was Lassie, Roofe and Ekuban so cant see any reason to expect any different.

No winger no cb no forward.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Scouted some striker in Italy apparently but difficult to sign because his club wont have time to sign a replacement.

Which is why you don't leave it so late!!!!!!

And some bookies have us as favourites to sign Ross Macca which would make 0 sense seeing as he is old, out of shape, past his best and expensive.

But some want him because he was good years ago and scored a few goals in a Mickey Mouse league. :roll:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lewis Grabban and Chris Martin not on our radar as they would be to "financially problematic" according to Phil Hay. He asked about Ross last week and we arent interested, which is something i guess.

No more signings seems to be the general feeling.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If we sign Ross I'm going to give up on LUFC for a while, one of those players I absolutely dislike..rather have Billy Painter back
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

faaip wrote:If we sign Ross I'm going to give up on LUFC for a while, one of those players I absolutely dislike..rather have Billy Painter back

Ditto
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote:Ditto

Actually I'd rather have the badge any day of the week, play in red and move to Guildford ...

Actually that last one would be ideal if you're listening Radz..Surrey has never had a football club better than the conference...How can that be?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:If we sign Ross I'm going to give up on LUFC for a while, one of those players I absolutely dislike..rather have Billy Painter back
We've always had the same thoughts on McCormack....wouldn't want him anywhere near Leeds

I know many Leeds fans whom think he is the bees knees
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Actually I'd rather have the badge any day of the week, play in red and move to Guildford
:rol:
faaip wrote:Actually that last one would be ideal if you're listening Radz..Surrey has never had a football club better than the conference...How can that be?
Never realised that fact....unbelievable in such a vast area as the home counties !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Lewis Grabban and Chris Martin not on our radar as they would be to "financially problematic" according to Phil Hay. He asked about Ross last week and we arent interested, which is something i guess.

No more signings seems to be the general feeling.
Every signing is difficult for Leeds United unless it's on the cheap Cjay

Forget a decent striker coming in mate, our club lacks ambition which has always been the case.

Sadly I'll be attending games with no expectations whatsoever for the rest of this season :(
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I am just glad we never got a fans consortium running the club and just going to splash loads of cash on proven players every time because we all know that every proven player is automatically going to be a success so definitely worth paying over the odds. No point having people at the club who can watch football all over the world, delve into a player's background/personality etc, analyse all the data about their actual performances and so on. No point us buying a Pontus Jannson when we could splash loads more on someone english, or buy Saiz when we could have a Jonny Howson for over double the price and probably treble the wages or pay £7m for a player who has had 1 decent season at League 1 level and is now the flavour of the month.

Yes every signing won't work but I think we have at least moved on substantially from buying the Sorsas, DaCostas, Botakas etc and are now actually doing proper research into signings. Yes we are all frustrated at times but no guarantee that even if we paid big money for a striker that he would do better than Lasogga - for all the negativity fans have show towards him his goals to games record is great and that is despite injuries and the problems of sleepness nights with a baby.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

weasel wrote:I am just glad we never got a fans consortium running the club and just going to splash loads of cash on proven players every time because we all know that every proven player is automatically going to be a success so definitely worth paying over the odds. No point having people at the club who can watch football all over the world, delve into a player's background/personality etc, analyse all the data about their actual performances and so on. No point us buying a Pontus Jannson when we could splash loads more on someone english, or buy Saiz when we could have a Jonny Howson for over double the price and probably treble the wages or pay £7m for a player who has had 1 decent season at League 1 level and is now the flavour of the month.

Yes every signing won't work but I think we have at least moved on substantially from buying the Sorsas, DaCostas, Botakas etc and are now actually doing proper research into signings. Yes we are all frustrated at times but no guarantee that even if we paid big money for a striker that he would do better than Lasogga - for all the negativity fans have show towards him his goals to games record is great and that is despite injuries and the problems of sleepness nights with a baby.
100% :tup:
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

weasel wrote:I am just glad we never got a fans consortium running the club and just going to splash loads of cash on proven players every time because we all know that every proven player is automatically going to be a success so definitely worth paying over the odds. No point having people at the club who can watch football all over the world, delve into a player's background/personality etc, analyse all the data about their actual performances and so on. No point us buying a Pontus Jannson when we could splash loads more on someone english, or buy Saiz when we could have a Jonny Howson for over double the price and probably treble the wages or pay £7m for a player who has had 1 decent season at League 1 level and is now the flavour of the month.

You'd think this stuff was obvious for all to see wouldn't you?
People just have no patience to see a plan through these days.
The lessons of yesteryear are there for all to see. We threw money at the squad, and one season of it not working, brought the whole thing down, and we were left sweating on whether we'd get a golden ticket to still be able to play in the league or not. We almost had no team. I never want to go through that again.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Every signing is difficult for Leeds United unless it's on the cheap Cjay

Forget a decent striker coming in mate, our club lacks ambition which has always been the case.

Sadly I'll be attending games with no expectations whatsoever for the rest of this season :(
I didnt really want them to be honest, not a huge fan of either.

Im still sad about Dean, Dack and Maddison who would have cost the same combined as Saiz on his own :roll:
Signed

King Cjay

8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Cjay wrote: I didnt really want them to be honest, not a huge fan of either.

Im still sad about Dean, Dack and Maddison who would have cost the same combined as Saiz on his own :roll:
I thought Saiz was only £3.5m wasn't he?

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

8ballali wrote:I thought Saiz was only £3.5m wasn't he?

Yeah, Dack went to Blackburn for 750k plus add ons, Dean cost Birmingham £1.5m, Maddison was available in the summer for about £1m before he signed a new deal on the last day of the transfer window.
Signed

King Cjay