Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: New coach - Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:04 pm The sooner he goes, the better as far as I'm concerned. I get the feeling that AR doesn't know the game well and is reliant on Orta for 'expertise'. I don't rate him and I think he is loyal only to himself. He's also full of sh*t if he thinks the squad he helped to assemble is top 6 material. Might have been had he got us decent replacements for Bartley, Taylor and Wood, but he didn't
Agree with all of that.

If you were told to build a nuclear bunker and only given plastic materials then you couldn't do it.

Similar to what Orta did to TC regarding the squad and promotion.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Similarly if you needed open heart surgery and had all the instruments required and a theatre you wouldn't put the scalpel in the hands of a hospital porter
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

A lot has been made of this "great job" Paul did after losing key players.

James Bree, Connor Hourihane and Sam Winnall all were gone by January 26th last season

They still had, Marc Roberts, Marley Watkins, Ryan Kent, Angus McDonald, Adam Armstrong, Andy Yiadom, Tom Bradshaw, all very decent players at this level.

Played 19-won 3-drawn 7-lost 9.

So despite a decent set of players, all of whom would probably be in our squad on matchday he managed 3 wins in 19.

Can spin it any way we want, some can claim he did a good job, others can say he had a decent squad left and but for a great start he would have been relegated.

This season that form has continued, and relegation beckons.

So, he didnt actually do a great job after losing players, he did an awful job imo. TC has done a better job without, Bartley, Wood, Taylor and Green.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:26 pm Agree with all of that.

If you were told to build a nuclear bunker and only given plastic materials then you couldn't do it.

Similar to what Orta did to TC regarding the squad and promotion.
I would say that some of the signings will be good signings but have needed a long settling in period as it is a different, more physical, style of football than they are used to. Alioski I think will be a really good player for us next season and possibly Cibicki too. Tyler Roberts could be excellent too but the players, like the manager, needed at least a few months to settle in and really find out what the championship is about. Some players, such as Saiz, hit the ground running as he was a bit of an unknown threat but it seems a lot of opposition teams had started to work him out a bit. What we didn't get was enough players with the necessary experience of english football (contrast to Monk's predominantly signing british players with experience and then not using the fancy foreigner signing Antonnsen). Whilst the foreign signings provide much more value and are usually much better technically it usually takes then a while to settle - something which I hope we can avoid in the future to a large degree if the U23 signings start to break into the first team as they will have acclimatised a bit).
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 pm A lot has been made of this "great job" Paul did after losing key players.

James Bree, Connor Hourihane and Sam Winnall all were gone by January 26th last season

They still had, Marc Roberts, Marley Watkins, Ryan Kent, Angus McDonald, Adam Armstrong, Andy Yiadom, Tom Bradshaw, all very decent players at this level.

Played 19-won 3-drawn 7-lost 9.

So despite a decent set of players, all of whom would probably be in our squad on matchday he managed 3 wins in 19.

Can spin it any way we want, some can claim he did a good job, others can say he had a decent squad left and but for a great start he would have been relegated.

This season that form has continued, and relegation beckons.

So, he didnt actually do a great job after losing players, he did an awful job imo. TC has done a better job without, Bartley, Wood, Taylor and Green.
Losing those three obviously affected their form with no decent alternatives coming in to replace them. Hourihane was a hell of a player whom made them tick. Winnall had a terrific goal-scoring record for the Tykes too. Big losses for what is an unfashionable lesser club.

Just look at Leeds without Saiz :oops:
craighemmings
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @craighemmings

Post by craighemmings »

he's built 2 new teams in the last 2 years ...last season last game and 1st game this season had 3 same players ...he was forced to sell ...new young blooded yorkshireman give him a chance I'm sure he will get the players motivated and hopefully bring in some good signings
1964white

Post by 1964white »

craighemmings wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:07 pm he's built 2 new teams in the last 2 years ...last season last game and 1st game this season had 3 same players ...he was forced to sell ...new young blooded yorkshireman give him a chance I'm sure he will get the players motivated and hopefully bring in some good signings
Is it any wonder Barnsley looked so poor when I saw them in November ? Heck has done amazingly well to keep them out of the relegation places, they should be rock bottom.
I fear for their safety now !

Welcome to MOT Craig :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

craighemmings wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:07 pm he's built 2 new teams in the last 2 years ...last season last game and 1st game this season had 3 same players ...he was forced to sell ...new young blooded yorkshireman give him a chance I'm sure he will get the players motivated and hopefully bring in some good signings
Hi Paul .... :wave:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Heck's first press conference today

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Re: Heck's First Leeds Interview

Post by 1964white »

Just as important Pontus was training at TA :-D
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

All the words in the world don't make up the deed but he's a willing lad.
Fingers crossed - best of luck son!
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Sounds like a good young Yorkshire Manager and perhaps that what we need only time will tell, at least we’ll have passion in the team just hope he can turn it round MOT
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Phil Hay
‏@PhilHayYEP
39m39 minutes ago

1pm today for Paul Heckingbottom’s first press conference at Thorp Arch. Head coach/manager number 14 for me. #lufc
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Heck loves his coffee

A man of my own heart with principles, can't stand people being late. Punctuality is a key attribute for Heck & so it should be :-D
Screenshot 2018-02-08 at 08.28.01.png
Screenshot 2018-02-08 at 08.28.01.png (275.28 KiB) Viewed 3808 times
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

luuu.jpg
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

lu1.jpg
lu1.jpg (54.36 KiB) Viewed 3788 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Love it Woody

Heck dealing with the immediate problems & putting his house in order from the off
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

woodfordwhites wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:12 am luuu.jpg
This might be harder for some than others!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Heck's first press conference today

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Heck's first press conference today

Post by Cjay »

Should have asked him why he referred to owners in the plural :)
Signed

King Cjay