Blunts v Leeds - Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Blunts v Leeds - What starting line-up does Heck go with?

Post by becchio bear »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:55 pm Just back from shopping anf walking houndie. Recorded the game (can't watch Leeds Utd live 'cos I get too worked up) so might watch it later....
I wouldn't bother swan, might get your blood pressure rising too :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
apollo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by apollo »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:50 pm I missed the opening goal, he was at fault for that too?
Yes really poor defensive header which went straight to Sharpe
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Poor selection, O'Kane is crap, Sacko is useless, Phillips is average. All 3 did nothing.

Roofe shouldn't have started either.

Crap marking for the 1st, naive for the 2nd.

The goal was a highlight but apart from that nothing much, didnt deserve to win, probe didnt really deserve a point either.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Weidwald - 6 - Did nothing much wrong but you don't think he'll ever make the saves their keeper did
Dalas - 6 - Solid out of position but not a full back yet
De Bock - 6 - Solid, uninspiring, a Beradi clone but not quite as good
Jansson - 7 - goodish game back
Pennington - 6 - Lacks positional sense as a CB imo, good on the ball suspect off it
Alioski - 5 - Poor game what I saw, need a break and need to calm down and think
O'Kane - 2 - Bad captain, gave away FK's galore and the pen.
Forshaw - 6- Did ok at times anonymous at others
Phillips - 6 - Meh hardly noticed him tbh
Roofe - N/A - Sorry concussed by the time I found the stream
Lassoga - 7 - Did ok today, way to slow to lead the line but got the goal and put in some effort

Sacko - 0 - Nothing Naught Nada
Hernandez - 7 - Inconsistent performance but at least showed that he wanted the ball. Got the assist
Ekuban - 6 - Not much time but every time I see him I'm impressed, just needs a goal or two to brak out
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

O'FuckingKane is back ...same as usual . CRAP . Is he really a footballer ? :dun:
No one sent off but in effect with O'FuckingKane on the pitch you are down to 10 men anyway .
Please can't they get rid of him . Its getting to the stage I really hate his name anywhere near the teamsheet Why can't another team suffer from having him in their team . Its really not fair .
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:27 pm O'FuckingKane is back ...same as usual . CRAP . Is he really a footballer ? :dun:
No one sent off but in effect with O'FuckingKane on the pitch you are down to 10 men anyway .
Please can't they get rid of him . Its getting to the stage I really hate his name anywhere near the teamsheet Why can't another team suffer from having him in their team . Its really not fair .
When you end a game and Eunan O'Kane and Hadi Sacko are 2 of your 11 players, you question what the manager saw in them imo

Didnt expect anything so not to surprised, but why Hecky thought Sacko could change the game and why O'Kane played at all I'll never know.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:58 pm I wouldn't bother swan, might get your blood pressure rising too :bear:
I haven't bb....I found Lassies goal, watched it a couple of times and deleted. I would have been fizzing like you had I watched it :x ( great goal though )
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

bookies got it right.
gessa

Post by gessa »

One of these days, some of these decisions may go for us rather than against us. I know they say they even themselves out over a season but it doesn't feel that way at the moment.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

wtf was heck thinking appointing O'Kane as captain? He was utterly useless. What happened to the "new manager bounce"? wow we really impressed our manager :roll: :bear:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We've never really had new manager bounces, also TC probably used up our new manager bounce for a while
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:26 pm We've never really had new manager bounces, also TC probably used up our new manager bounce for a while
Well it's about time that we did then :rant: Perhaps telling our players they don't get paid if they don't perform might be a start :evil: :bear:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:11 pm wtf was heck thinking appointing O'Kane as captain? He was utterly useless. What happened to the "new manager bounce"? wow we really impressed our manager :roll: :bear:
Yes a strange decision BB but I think you'll find Heck is testing the water & will now know which players are up to the task now. Expect changes v Bristol City next Sunday as certain players have been fooling TC for months probably impressing in training but incapable of putting in a performance dealing with the pressures of a competitive match. Problem is he hasn't too many options due to those missing through suspension/injuries.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:45 pm De Bock is average...
Poor today
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:13 pm When you end a game and Eunan O'Kane and Hadi Sacko are 2 of your 11 players, you question what the manager saw in them imo

Didnt expect anything so not to surprised, but why Hecky thought Sacko could change the game and why O'Kane played at all I'll never know.
You can add two more passengers along with O'Kane & Sacko who may struggle to make Heck's first XI next week :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:29 pm Yes a strange decision BB but I think you'll find Heck is testing the water & will now know which players are up to the task now. Expect changes v Bristol City next Saturday as certain players have been fooling TC for months probably impressing in training but incapable of putting in a performance dealing with the pressures of a competitive match. Problem is he hasn't too many options due to those missing through suspension/injuries.
I think if you asked TC, PH or anyone on here to name a strong starting XI (assuming everyone available) we'd probably all pick the same 6 or 7 and then be left filling in from the best of the rest. That has been the trouble all season we have a core group and then are probably carrying at least a couple every match and once the core group dwindled a bit then we really are struggling.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

weasel wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:18 pm I think if you asked TC, PH or anyone on here to name a strong starting XI (assuming everyone available) we'd probably all pick the same 6 or 7 and then be left filling in from the best of the rest. That has been the trouble all season we have a core group and then are probably carrying at least a couple every match and once the core group dwindled a bit then we really are struggling.
And the man to blame there is Orta. We've not replaced Wood and we've not replaced Bartley.

We've made efforts to shore up the midfield this January but injuries are not taking their toll in that department.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:11 pm wtf was heck thinking appointing O'Kane as captain? He was utterly useless. What happened to the "new manager bounce"? wow we really impressed our manager :roll: :bear:
Pontus is rulled out as captain due to his temprement but instead we've had Cooper who has had two red cards recently and now O'Kane who has just returned from head-butting someone! God we miss Kyle Bartley!
1964white

Re: Blunts v Leeds - Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Thought we were much better today particularly in the second-half, at least we were more competitive & made a fist of it. We passed the ball with more efficiency, defended defiantly & at least created a few chances as oppose to the non-event in our last away trip at Hull

Unfortunately we still make too many enforced errors

Got caught on the flanks. Blunts got round the back of our defence far too easily.
Caught ball-watching when the Blunts took a quick free-kick, e.g. their penalty
Too many rash challenges & free-kicks given away

Pluses

Lassoga's form/workrate - superb header for his goal

Introduction of Pablo - inspired us

Pontus/Pennington CB combination

Forshaw - brings a calmness to the middle of the park

6 - Wiedwald
7 - Dallas
7 - Pennington
8 - Jansson
4 - De Bock
1 - O'Kane
7 - Forshaw
6 - Phillips
1 - Alioski
1 - Roofe
8 - Lassoga (MOTM) just!
Subs
8 - Hernandez
2 - Sacko
n/a - Ekuban
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Blunts v Leeds - Reports/Ratings

Post by Gandalf »

Slow out of the blocks, as usual, and struggled for the rest of the first half. Much better second half, but why can't we start like that.

Weidwald - 6 - No chance with the goals, and didn't have a lot else to do.
Dallas - 6 - Did well, out of position.
De Bock - 6 - Good with the ball at his feet, but suspect positionally when defending.
Jansson - 7.5 - Mopped up most of the headers, and was solid throughout.
Pennington - 6.5 - Couple of wobbles, but generally sound.
Alioski - 5 - Works really hard, but nothing came off for him going forward.
O'Kane - 2 - Two assists for them, and was generally an accident waiting to happen.
Forshaw - 6 - Stupid early booking, but played OK after. Passing was good.
Phillips - 5.5 - Covered a lot of ground, but had little real impact on the game.
Roofe - 2 - Played like he was concussed, before he got concussed.
Lassoga - 7.5 - Good effort today. Hold up play was decent, and a cracking header for the goal.

Sacko - 2 - Offers so much, and delivers so little.
Hernandez - 7 - Changed the game in our favour when he came on. Lovely floated cross for the assist.
Ekuban - 5 - Little time, but offers more than Sacko or Roofe.

Heck - 6 - Started with the wrong lineup, imo, but improved us 2nd half. Subs were positive. Needs to get to know the squad better, and who are our liabilities. Not a noticeable improvement on TC at this early stage.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!