Is it time to take some risks?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Is it time to take some risks?

Post by Ratscoot »

Unlikely to get into the play offs, definitely won’t make automatic promotion this season, can’t see us getting dragged into relegation so what’s to play for?

So does By Heck give some of the squad players and/or under 23s a chance at the first team in preparation for next season - sure some of them can’t be any worse than Sacko!

What about mixing up the formation trying 3 at the back for instance from the start of a game rather than waiting until we get someone sent off?

Just a thought
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Is it time to take some risks?

Post by The Subhuman »

He made O'Kane captain, played a winger at right back. They look like experimental moves to me. One didn't work and lets hope he learns from that and the Dallas experiment went ok...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

3 at the back is ok if you are up to it .. mainly havin the experience centre halfs and talented midfielders to help operate the system . Were I'd say a few players short of that though.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Heck just finding his feet atm Rat, he did say he would play different formations pending on the players who are available for each game. I do think he'll stick with the nucleus of the main squad although he may try one or two youngsters when a play-off place is out of the equation
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think until thing are mathematically certain you would want to pick your strongest XI and if a youngster is good enough then they force their way in on merit.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I agree with Weasel, giving up now would be silly. As unlikely as it is that we will make the play-offs, you never know what a little run can do.

It won't happen while we are still in with a fair chance of making the play-offs and it certainly won't happen so soon after a new manager has been installed. He'll want some stability and it's too early for him to evaluate the quality of players who haven't been making the starting team regularly.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.