Klich/Christiansen

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Klich/Christiansen

Post by 1964white »

Mateusz Klich had a disastrous first six months at Leeds United after signing amid much fanfare in the summer

Klich told De Stentor: "Of the matches I have played, I know that I can handle the level of the Championship.

"I did not have a good relationship with the coach, Thomas Christiansen.

"He happened to be fired this week after the defeat against Cardiff. What has happened between us? I do not want to go into details too much.

"It's only frustrating when you know you can handle the level, but do not get a chance to show it."

He said: "I love to play football and I'm here to play a lot of matches again. That is also necessary, because I will probably return to Leeds United in the summer, where my contract runs until 2020."

Klich will get a chance to start afresh under new manager Paul Heckingbottom in the summer before Leeds make a decision on his future
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Re: Klich/Christiansen

Post by Clacton White »

He's got to be worth a shot - couldn't be worse than O'FuckingKane . Should have the chance to prove himself at this level . Shame that the coach , TC , bought personal issues into team selection if that's the case as Klich says .
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

I'd recall him if we can. He cannot be any worse than what we have now!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

He's on loan, get him back now so we can see what he has. Why leave it until the summer?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm He's on loan, get him back now so we can see what he has. Why leave it until the summer?
Imagine we cant, we couldn't recall the bloke from Spain till January or Coyle either. Assume has to be when the window is open.

Incidentally, unrelated to Klich, Ideguchi hardly getting a game in Spain, another genius idea to send them him :roll:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Weirdly I would expect him to adjust to England faster than he would Spain. To start with I wouldn't think Spanish is the second or third language in Japan.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:14 pm Imagine we cant, we couldn't recall the bloke from Spain till January or Coyle either. Assume has to be when the window is open.

Incidentally, unrelated to Klich, Ideguchi hardly getting a game in Spain, another genius idea to send them him :roll:
I wouldn't worry yet as they are probably trying to ease him in a bit and get him used to his teammates etc. Obviously if it turns out to be another case like with Rey that they hardly play him at all then I think the club would seriously have to wonder whether to send any players there again.
I can see us loaning then 2 or 3 players next season as I would think the standard would be somewhere between our U23s and our first team. Maybe some of the young Spaniards can get back to a nicer climate - might try to go with them and take my boots.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:23 pm I wouldn't worry yet as they are probably trying to ease him in a bit and get him used to his teammates etc. Obviously if it turns out to be another case like with Rey that they hardly play him at all then I think the club would seriously have to wonder whether to send any players there again.
I can see us loaning then 2 or 3 players next season as I would think the standard would be somewhere between our U23s and our first team. Maybe some of the young Spaniards can get back to a nicer climate - might try to go with them and take my boots.
Still not sure what we get out of this.

Doesnt look like theres a clause like Liverpool gave Cardiff where if they don't play theres a financial penalty.

So its conceivable they may not play him, in which case he gains nothing.

Our Qatari overlords clearly demanding we help Leonesa. Just waiting to see some benifit.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

pretty sure ideguchi got sent on loan because we didn't think he would qualify for a work permit here until next season

also, if he's struggling to get into a second tier Spanish side...why would we want him here?
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

as for klich - looked distinctly average when he was here. hopefully when he comes back over the summer he can get a run of games and show his ability.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

danhirons wrote:
as for klich - looked distinctly average when he was here. hopefully when he comes back over the summer he can get a run of games and show his ability.
He looked distinctly invisible Dan - he only started 1 league game against Cardiff when, admittedly, he had a bit of a 'mare but he never got another chance, whereas TC let O'Kane keep his place time after time making mistake after mistake.
He has a right to feel aggrieved over his treatment - international-rated player frozen out by some petty crap.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think his passer stats were very high, not that that means anything to me but others like that sort of thing...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:08 pm pretty sure ideguchi got sent on loan because we didn't think he would qualify for a work permit here until next season

also, if he's struggling to get into a second tier Spanish side...why would we want him here?
I think we were told he was eligible for a UK work permit but we'd already agreed to send him to CL
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

I'm a fan of Klich and I genuinely think he has done well when he has been given the chance, he did have one absolute shocker at Cardiff but other than that I think he has done quite well and he is our best passer of the ball + most composed midfield player.
Out of his 8 chances:
Excellent in 2 games vs Burnley and Burton
Good in 2 games v Port Vale, Birmingham (when he came on we played much better)
Did ok in 3 games v Newport (both games), Leicester
Awful in 1 game v Cardiff

Might not sound a particularly great ratio but it's still far better than what O'Kane and KP have managed. Forshaw has struggled to have an impact so far as well imo, not having a go at Forshaw but it does frustrate me that we have being so willing to get rid of Klich on loan at the first attempt and none of the alternatives have even come close to showing the quality required to reach the next level so far.

I'm not normally a fan of You Tube in judging a players ability but all I can say is that this video isn't misleading. Klich really did run the show against 7th placed premier league Burnley, whilst the likes of O'Kane, Phillips and Forshaw have been totally overran time and time again against mid table/poor championship sides.

0:37 is my favourite moment in the video imagine any of our other midfielders being that calm and composed in that area of the pitch.

I like KP and he has made progress this season,he has a lot of potential but he still needs at least another season before he will be ready to be a first team regular imo.

The stats also suggest that he could be productive for us as well involved in 10 goals in 30 games last season (6 goals 4 assists) and has a decent goals+assists record far better than our other midfielders.

It's so important next season that we have a composed/forward thinking midfield player and I think Klich is that player personally.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Oscar wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 pm I'm a fan of Klich and I genuinely think he has done well when he has been given the chance, he did have one absolute shocker at Cardiff but other than that I think he has done quite well and he is our best passer of the ball + most composed midfield player.
Out of his 8 chances:
Excellent in 2 games vs Burnley and Burton
Good in 2 games v Port Vale, Birmingham (when he came on we played much better)
Did ok in 3 games v Newport (both games), Leicester
Awful in 1 game v Cardiff

Might not sound a particularly great ratio but it's still far better than what O'Kane and KP have managed. Forshaw has struggled to have an impact so far as well imo, not having a go at Forshaw but it does frustrate me that we have being so willing to get rid of Klich on loan at the first attempt and none of the alternatives have even come close to showing the quality required to reach the next level so far.

I'm not normally a fan of You Tube in judging a players ability but all I can say is that this video isn't misleading. Klich really did run the show against 7th placed premier league Burnley, whilst the likes of O'Kane, Phillips and Forshaw have been totally overran time and time again against mid table/poor championship sides.

0:37 is my favourite moment in the video imagine any of our other midfielders being that calm and composed in that area of the pitch.

I like KP and he has made progress this season,he has a lot of potential but he still needs at least another season before he will be ready to be a first team regular imo.

The stats also suggest that he could be productive for us as well involved in 10 goals in 30 games last season (6 goals 4 assists) and has a decent goals+assists record far better than our other midfielders.

It's so important next season that we have a composed/forward thinking midfield player and I think Klich is that player personally.
Agree with all of that.

The Burnley game stands out as one of the best performances I've seen from a Leeds midfielder this season, possibly only bettered by Vieira vs Bristol City.

Clearly TC and him fell out.

If he does well in Holland i see no reason to not give him a chance. He has height which we lack, calmness, composure, runs with the ball, i like him.

If he is good enough for the team that finished 4th in Holland and shone for the team that finished 7th last season and has caps for the team ranked 6th in international rankings, then why couldn't he play for us?

KP has potential, Vieira has even more, Ideguchi is clearly highly rated and Forshaw has experience and retains possession.

O'Kane got a new contract for some reason, but if we could offload O'Kane and keep Klich id be delighted to go into next season with Vieira and Ideguchi as dms, Klich and Forshaw as more attack minded midfielders and then KP as cover for them.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He plays those around him into space, I'm also a fan and he absolutely didn't get a fair shake...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:28 pm He plays those around him into space, I'm also a fan and he absolutely didn't get a fair shake...
Christiansen came across as a nice man but I reckon he was a moody sod as he had issues with Klich, Borthwick-Jackson, Anita & Jansson, I think you asked the other day where is Gomes ?

TC had his favourites as he stuck with certain players even though they were out of form, a weak man who struggled to deal with players & the tantrums that comes with different personalities
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

I think Klich alluded to the fact that there had been a fall out which explained his lack of game time. Certainly worth a shot back here but from what very little we saw of him I wouldn't say he was any better than worth a shot. Someone at the club obviously rated him enough to pay £1.5m for him so if we can get him back this season we should, if his loan precludes it treat him as a new signing in the summer.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Let's all make up things in the absence of facts. Everytime I saw Klich he looked ponderous and seemed to lose the ball in dangerous areas. Whilst a techically gifted player he didn't look like a championship midfielder to me. I made the point before that some players, despite their attributes, don't fit into systems/formation (the example being YaYa Toure at Man City who Pep Guardiola discarded despite him probably being their best player for two or three seasons prior to PG's arrival) and for me it was just a case of where having one person responsible for transfers and someone else having to pick a team goes doesn't work. I think the transfer had been lined up prior to TC's arrival and whereas they may have run it past him, and shown him the various you tube clips (anyone can look good if you pick their best bits and compile a you tube video) I doubt he was the type of player TC wanted. That is just football and it is about opinions and if the manager doesn't rate you, or you don't fit into the system/formation, then you either have to adapt or you won't be picked.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Ok - I did read a quote from Klich suggesting he had had a fall out with TC, probably not surprising given he wouldn't play him, but there was no confirmation of whether this lead to him not getting picked. The lad had very little opportunity to prove whether he could cut it or not in the Championship and if he comes back and still doesn't make an impact and another manager doesn't fancy him then I think that's the case for the prosecution done. What's our alternative - pump him out the door at a hefty loss and get someone else in? Someone saw fit to pay £1.5m for him and a manager who couldn't make it through a full season didn't play him - hardly seems like good grounds to write the lad off.