Klich/Christiansen

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Klich/Christiansen

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:46 am Let's all make up things in the absence of facts. Everytime I saw Klich he looked ponderous and seemed to lose the ball in dangerous areas. Whilst a techically gifted player he didn't look like a championship midfielder to me. I made the point before that some players, despite their attributes, don't fit into systems/formation (the example being YaYa Toure at Man City who Pep Guardiola discarded despite him probably being their best player for two or three seasons prior to PG's arrival) and for me it was just a case of where having one person responsible for transfers and someone else having to pick a team goes doesn't work. I think the transfer had been lined up prior to TC's arrival and whereas they may have run it past him, and shown him the various you tube clips (anyone can look good if you pick their best bits and compile a you tube video) I doubt he was the type of player TC wanted. That is just football and it is about opinions and if the manager doesn't rate you, or you don't fit into the system/formation, then you either have to adapt or you won't be picked.
Don't you do that all the time?...especially in your defence of TC where no evidence exists he could be a good coach at this level. Also Oscar just posted some evidence v a premiership team and he seems to have an excellent grasp of players attributes..

We just didn't see enough of our banner signing in the summer to really come to a conclusion either way and as you so often point out players need a little time to adjust to Championship football and get match fit..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Weasel I will normally defer to you because of your experience, but when I see the video evidence of his excellence against Burnley, surely that alone should convince most that he is worthy of a 2nd or 3rd chance in the league, especially compared to some of the nonsense we got from (e.g.) O'Kane. If you disagree I'm not going to argue but I really do think he's worth a more exhaustive trial.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I don't think we have any decent evidence to show that Klich is good enough at championship level - and this is simply because he hasn't been given enough game time. He needs an extended run of game time.

One game against Burnley is not good enough - O'kane has played a couple of blinders at the start of the season and if you watched highlights of his performances then you'd have thought he was the best centre mid in the championship. Same applies for Phillips.

I think he'll find it difficult ever getting this game time here though with Vieira, Forshaw and KP here if I'm honest.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

But Dan, Klich's obviously good enough at International level, whereas O'Kane peaked, then crashed and burned.
Anyway, no point scoring points - tit for tat and all that!
I'll concede your POV. :shirtw:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Norm wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 pm But Dan, Klich's obviously good enough at International level, whereas O'Kane peaked, then crashed and burned.
Anyway, no point scoring points - tit for tat and all that!
I'll concede your POV. :shirtw:
10 international appearances for poland in 7 years hardly constitutes making it at international level!

But, you know, maybe you are right. I guess what I was getting at is we will only truly know if he gets a proper chance. Imo what was the point in signing him if we weren't going to give him a chance!
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

I could see the points suggesting he wasn't good enough if he was a potential signing but we already have the player. Having spent a chunk of money on him surely we are duty bound to find out if he can do it or not in the Championship. At present the only thing everyone agrees on is that we haven't seen enough of him to be able to form a firm view. We've been down to the bare bones in CM this season with injuries, suspensions and lack of form, if nothing else any failure has not been for lack of opportunity - Forshaw has just walked straight in to the 1st 11 (although I know he was sort of signed to replace Klich).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Forshaw looks like Klich without the passing ability to me...and I like what Forshaw brings. No idea if Klich could cut it in the Championship but we needed to see surely. O'Kane wasn't that good in the first few games. He never impressed me.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 am Don't you do that all the time?...especially in your defence of TC where no evidence exists he could be a good coach at this level. Also Oscar just posted some evidence v a premiership team and he seems to have an excellent grasp of players attributes..

We just didn't see enough of our banner signing in the summer to really come to a conclusion either way and as you so often point out players need a little time to adjust to Championship football and get match fit..
I suspect Klich is kicking himself leaving Leeds just before Christiansen was sacked, could have been all so different for him under Heck's management
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:35 pm O'Kane wasn't that good in the first few games. He never impressed me.
I'll give you credit on that one Faaip you called him right from the start
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

danhirons wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:10 pm as for klich - looked distinctly average when he was here. hopefully when he comes back over the summer he can get a run of games and show his ability.
Sounds good then , as distinctly average is a vast improvement on the abysmal O'FuckingKane .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Okay I will admit that I am wrong and that you-tube clips v a Burnley XI in a meaningless cup tie is definite proof of a player's true ability.

This guy must be worth a fortune

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 am Don't you do that all the time?...especially in your defence of TC where no evidence exists he could be a good coach at this level. Also Oscar just posted some evidence v a premiership team and he seems to have an excellent grasp of players attributes..

We all do to some degree but I try to use the facts as much as possible which when defending TC are that he had a much weaker starting XI than we had last season with the absence of Wood and Bartley being huge losses.

All I see is that TC didn't think Klich was good enough and TC is the person that saw Klich at training, in friendlies, in matches etc rather than just a couple of minutes of hashed together youtube clips. I think Klich not being picked is probably what led to friction between them rather than there being friction from the start and it being the reason Klich wasn't selected.

As you say though until we see Klich play we cannot really judge whether he is good enough. I would be delighted if Klich came back to us and played brilliantly as it would mean we had decent player which would make the team stronger.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

As do I, use facts that is.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Klich played 74 minutes for FC Utrecht as they defeated Zwolle 2-1 in the Eredivisie. Utrecht remain in the top six in the division and are now unbeaten in their last three matches.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:10 pm Klich played 74 minutes for FC Utrecht as they defeated Zwolle 2-1 in the Eredivisie. Utrecht remain in the top six in the division and are now unbeaten in their last three matches.
This would be the same Eredivisie that Jay-Roy Grot played 24 matches in during 2016-2017 season scoring 6 times.....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:39 pm This would be the same Eredivisie that Jay-Roy Grot played 24 matches in during 2016-2017 season scoring 6 times.....
Hasselbaink only got 5 in 40 in the Dutch 2nd tier at The Grotinators age . . . . .

Different players adapt slower. . Personally think Eredivisie is probably a higher quality league technically just less physical.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 pm Hasselbaink only got 5 in 40 in the Dutch 2nd tier at The Grotinators age . . . . .

Different players adapt slower. . Personally think Eredivisie is probably a higher quality league technically just less physical.
And that could well be the key that Klich is a good technical player but lacks the physicality needed for the english game especially the championship. That is why I think players such as Alioski will be better players next season as it will no longer be a shock for them.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

And Klich himself obviously had he been allowed to play
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:20 pm And that could well be the key that Klich is a good technical player but lacks the physicality needed for the english game especially the championship. That is why I think players such as Alioski will be better players next season as it will no longer be a shock for them.
agree with that.

This league is very physical and always feel foreign signings should get a years grace to adapt.

Unfortunately Klich didn't get that as of yet.

Know some don't like stats but if you look.
Klich is very similar to Forshaw.
Good passer, high percentage of completion etc.

Just seems weird to spend 4mil on a player when we could have given a player we already had a chance and spent that 4mil on a quality cb for example.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Dont get why everyone is gettting on O 'Kane's back. He is not the messiah and is not Lionel Messi either, He is a functional midfield player who does the dirty work in getting the ball back and giving it to the flair players such as Pablo and Spit the dog . He does this better than KP who appears to be untouchable to some . I would have liked to see EOK and Klich played together then bringing on the legsof Viera and Phillips later.

For me Klich had 1 bad game and was not forgiven. O'Kane is a brave player who always wants the ball no matter where on the pitch so he is bound to make a mistake whilst players who hide are forgiven.