Going to the toilet during lessons?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Going to the toilet during lessons?

Post by becchio bear »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:22 pm I'm not talking about kids going every 5 minutes or even every day but if one of mine needed to go and wasn't allowed and something happened to cause them embarrassment then I wouldnt be best pleased.
I agree with that Ges but come on that isn't likely to happen and i'm sure if a kid who isn't that way out asks to go to the loo the teacher would say yes. Rules have to be in place though otherwise kids would just be going to the loo all the time and causing disruptions. Thomas knows this in his first year at high school, he knew this beforehand. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
gessa

Post by gessa »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:26 pm I agree with that Ges but come on that isn't likely to happen and i'm sure if a kid who isn't that way out asks to go to the loo the teacher would say yes. Rules have to be in place though otherwise kids would just be going to the loo all the time and causing disruptions. Thomas knows this in his first year at high school, he knew this beforehand. :bear:
My point is, she doesn't let kids go to the loo at all, that is wrong.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think I'd hate to be in school these days ..sound like horrible places. I left lessons when needed when in school.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good valid points from BB & Ges :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:09 pm Good valid points from Ges :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

By the way this is the post Misskel put on waccoe on the 22nd January, she's moved down 3 years in less than a month. Some kind of freak imo

I teach at a primary school (year 6). I don't let children go to the toilet during lessons. Would you have a problem with this rule for your child?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I've noticed she's not been very communicative after her opening salvo.

Using us?
gessa

Post by gessa »

Norm wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:06 am I've noticed she's not been very communicative after her opening salvo.

Using us?
A dissertation I would think Norm.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

gessa wrote:

A dissertation I would think Norm.
- and we fell right into her trap didn't we, our friendly and open selves.

Oh well - what's that about skin and noses!

I suppose I'd rather be that way than hostile and unrelenting. It's no different than Cjay joining other clubs' fan sites.
I expect she'll be chuckling about our differences but it makes us think about the things we take for granted so really there's no harm.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:02 am By the way this is the post Misskel put on waccoe on the 22nd January, she's moved down 3 years in less than a month. Some kind of freak imo

I teach at a primary school (year 6). I don't let children go to the toilet during lessons. Would you have a problem with this rule for your child?
Two posts, both thread starters, both unusually phrased for your first posts on a message board. My first reaction was something was off, hence my first post...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:03 am Two posts, both thread starters, both unusually phrased for your first posts on a message board. My first reaction was something was off, hence my first post...

And you were right mate, about an hour after the thread started the waccoe one came to mind, I'd imagine there's many more across other clubs. A strange question for your first posts by a female in a male dominated world, perhaps others have twigged too, hence the who's going to the game thread, just to put us at ease I suppose.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:03 am Two posts, both thread starters, both unusually phrased for your first posts on a message board. My first reaction was something was off, hence my first post...
Aye mate I thought those posts were a little strange for a debutant but went along with it in my usual welcoming self
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

"Gullibles' Travels" Leon. We'd be no use in MI6 whereas faaip would be George Smiley, and there's no greater compliment.
hector

Post by hector »

As Faaips No2 would I be George not so smiley??
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 am "Gullibles' Travels" Leon. We'd be no use in MI6 whereas faaip would be George Smiley, and there's no greater compliment.
Yes Norm I can be gullible but I do my best to give folk the benefit of doubt :)
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote: ↑

Yes Norm I can be gullible but I do my best to give folk the benefit of doubt :)
Please forgive me Leon, that wasn't an insult - merely acknowledgement of the fact that we're both lazy thinkers, until we have to be something different. I didn't mean to cause you offence.
I have 2 modes, lazy (97% of the time) and full alert. I suspect you are a little that way yourself. Faaip is probably the reverse of that.
Unfortunately that gives him much angst, whereas we have a relatively stress-free life.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Perhaps it's one of those Russian social media bots, come here to disrupt or mod elections by getting us all arguing about toilet breaks.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote:

As Faaips No2 would I be George not so smiley??
You would be George Grimacey sire, aka George Rictus.
Unfortunately your seat would be the apex of Salisbury Cathedral, so you would be permanently 404 feet off the ground on static display with people queuing to gawp at you through your underwear.

(Hell I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy)
gessa

Post by gessa »

Shields53 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:25 am Perhaps it's one of those Russian social media bots, come here to disrupt or mod elections by getting us all arguing about toilet breaks.

:roflmao:
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:30 am You would be George Grimacey sire, aka George Rictus.
Unfortunately your seat would be the apex of Salisbury Cathedral, so you would be permanently 404 feet off the ground on static display with people queuing to gawp at you through your underwear.

(Hell I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy)
Let me just say, that as one who has abseiled off tall buildings and cliffs, and out of helecopters, leapt out of planes with only a hankie to keep me up etc. I am now s**t scared of heights, and get dizzy standing on a curb..... The chances of getting me anywhere near the apex of Salisbury cathederal are less than zero..... I decline the post of George Rictus and abstain from anything to do with anything.....

Sir.

:)