Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Now Heck is in, are we pleased TC is out?

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Said a couple of times elsewhere that with a stated aim of top 6 getting less and less likely it was only a matter of time before TC had to go. There were very few chinks of light it what was looking like an increasingly long tunnel. Seems like Radz wanted to act sooner but Orta persuaded him to give it longer. Not glad he's gone because it means we have gone backwards but I do still think that there are better performances in that squad than we have been getting so agree the move had to be made. As for Hecks, young manager with not a massive track record so hard to tell, could be another Eddie Howe or equally one more to the long list of managers who didn't cut it at LUFC. He got good performances out of a good Barnsley squad and has struggled when the better players have gone so real flip of a coin one for me, hope he's a success obviously but my guess is that we will see someone else in the hotseat before the end of next season.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Now Heck is in, are we pleased TC is out?

Post by HarryofOz »

As we were not going to get promoted under TC, I have no problem with him being gone. If Heckingbottom can't get us promoted (next season not this) or at least give it a good go, he can go too.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by 1964white »

TheLeedsMan123
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @cwalker_1995

Paul Heckingbottom

Post by TheLeedsMan123 »

Hi fellow Leeds fans, just wanted to know what your opinions of the appointment is? And any feedback on my own piece would be greatly appreciated too! http://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/0 ... 58863.html
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Can see him failing...not sure if he has the necessary Qualities. Time will tell... :geek:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

TLM nicely written piece very informative, some bits I didn’t know and a very impartial nice one mate.

My feeling about By Heck is great news a young Yorkshire Manager who hopefully will bring the passion back, I really hope it works but I do worry about Orta getting the right players in and if By Heck can get a tune out of the current group, I think the Bristol game will tell us a lot
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

TheLeedsMan123 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm Hi fellow Leeds fans, just wanted to know what your opinions of the appointment is? And any feedback on my own piece would be greatly appreciated too! http://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/0 ... 58863.html
Good piece.

I have 0 faith in Paul but happy to be proven wrong.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

I really hope he has great success, but I fear that the squad he has inherited lack in so many ways and we imo over rate many of them. Take Alioski, in any other team he would have been dropped long ago, totally ineffectual, same with Roofe. Maybe he can get more out of the squad than we have seen for most of the season but he will certainly earn his money if he does !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:30 am I really hope he has great success, but I fear that the squad he has inherited lack in so many ways and we imo over rate many of them. Take Alioski, in any other team he would have been dropped long ago, totally ineffectual, same with Roofe. Maybe he can get more out of the squad than we have seen for most of the season but he will certainly earn his money if he does !!
I know several Hull fans, some of them are really good friends of mine & all of them have commented on how poor Alioski is & his rolling on the ground antics, if other fans can see it surely our management team are aware of his poor form !

Even other fans websites are having a dig at the quality of our squad :(

We'll see Heck's opinion come Sunday
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

More Alioski bashing :cry:

I'd rather Paul got his boots on then suffer another Hadi Sacko show on the right :verysad:
Signed

King Cjay

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

TheLeedsMan123 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm Hi fellow Leeds fans, just wanted to know what your opinions of the appointment is? And any feedback on my own piece would be greatly appreciated too! http://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/0 ... 58863.html
Why does there never seem to be a blogger who tells it like it is? Every time we get one of these no mark managers there's a ton of articles raving about them and how they've gonna be the next Revie or Wilko.

If he ends up being a disaster, and goes to another club and is a disaster there, and can only get a job in League 1, or League 2, or as a scout or the manager of a women's team, will you be writing a follow up piece saying how you got it wrong and look like an utter fool, or will you just do another one on how Terry Tosspot from Tadcaster Albion will finally be the man to get Leeds promoted?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Friday's Press Conference

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Clive wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:21 am will you just do another one on how Terry Tosspot from Tadcaster Albion will finally be the man to get Leeds promoted?
Just got a fiver on Terry being our next manager at the bookies. Seems they share your view as he was 5/4 favourite.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

weasel wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:13 am Just got a fiver on Terry being our next manager at the bookies. Seems they share your view as he was 5/4 favourite.
Who was second favourite?
1964white

Re: Paul Heckingbottom - Press Conference Today

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Talks a good game, makes much more sense than some of our ex-managers

Lets hope his methods & talking produces the results
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-14327555

This game is "vital for the season"
Wants to "take the positives from the Derby game"
Lonergan has not trained
Hernandez, Roofe and Lasogga picked up knocks but hopeful they will be ok.
Signed

King Cjay

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:40 pm Lonergan has not trained
Not that it would make a difference I guess.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Finally we have more points than games for which he's been in charge. Well done PH - hopefully bigger things from here.
Small gains is best at first - still difficult games ahead. I'm not even thinking about the playoffs because 5 points behind is still a mountain in this league.
I hope he solves our 'First Half Blues' and general inconsistency but, slow and steady improvement might just be what we need.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Interesting to see that it took PH's replacement at Barnsley just 2 games to get his first win. Certainly his 1 win in 2 matches stacks up well against PH's 1 in 16 before he left.