Sum of our parts

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Sum of our parts

Post by HarryofOz »

Norm wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:04 pm I read a piece today about Gareth Bale. He's already secured his mum and dad's futures, plus his own family of course.
350,000 a week. Hell, if I got that once it would secure our future.
Not knocking Gareth at all, looking after mum & dad is a great thing, it just made me think about the obscenity of what's transpired since 1992.
I suppose that the recipients of the income could argue that the huge amounts that they earn is justified because the entertainment industry (I'll extend it beyond football to the big earners in any entertainment such as acting, music, sport in general etc) because the industry overall makes such a lot of money. Let's face it the public is willing to pay huge prices to be entertained. And I suppose one can hardly expect the entertainers to say no when they are offered a fortune.

However there is one thing that does irk me and that is when they say that they have decided to take a 350k per week job rather than a 300k per week job (or some similar amounts) to secure their financial future. Let's face it, the 300ik per week job will do that well enough.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:17 pm Sums is not your strong point is it Leon??

so you must be an accountant then... :P :P
:)
Funny enough mathematics is one of my strongest subjects Hector

I inadvertently omitted Pablo in my original post, amended it but forgot to change the four to five :roll:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:42 amNo you're not

And how much easier is it to change one coach than 6/7/8/9 players ? ...American football is the same, look at the Rams and Eagles . So called junk players everyone hates. Change the head coach and they become world beaters

Not saying Heck is the guy, but to make that decision after three games for Leeds one way or another is not even educated guesswork.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:05 am Agreed mate our defenders have no confidence in him, so visibly obvious when you are at a game.
I had a great view of his performance at Derby as I was stood right in line of Felix's area, he was rooted for much of the game !
Personally think it has to be the first thing we address in the summer, mate, why we didn't go for Stockdale is beyond me
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:44 pm why we didn't go for Stockdale is beyond me
Said the same thing to my mates on the way home from Derby :tup:
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:44 pm Personally think it has to be the first thing we address in the summer, mate, why we didn't go for Stockdale is beyond me
Wages. If you extend your wage cap to £40K per week, as Stockdale was demanding, then you are on a slippery slope. BTW He is really doing it for Birmingham, isn't he ?.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... tford-rout
Last edited by Gandalf on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote: ↑

And how much easier is it to change one coach than 6/7/8/9 players ? ...American football is the same, look at the Rams and Eagles . So called junk players everyone hates. Change the head coach and they become world beaters

Not saying Heck is the guy, but to make that decision after three games for Leeds one way or another is not even educated guesswork.
Agree 100%
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Gandalf wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:15 pm Wages. If you extend your wage cap to £40K per week, as Stockdale was demanding, then you are on a slippery slope. BTW He is really doing it for Birmingham, isn't he ?.
hit the nail on the head

squad imo is good enough for the top six, though I don't think it's any stronger than last season - but as said above the right coaching is so important

we've gone down the cheap route again for centre backs and centre forwards - we sell wood and lose bartley and replace them with a couple of cheap loan signings. it hasn't worked, though lasogga has done alright, he's not the long term solution, just a stop gap

also imo only pontus is good enough for the prem - i think saiz would struggle in the prem and is not a young up and coming player prem teams will want.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Understand about the wages but it's unfortunate that we appear to be ruled by our second relatively impoverished Middle Eastern Dictator owners.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Norm wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:43 pm Understand about the wages but it's unfortunate that we appear to be ruled by our second relatively impoverished Middle Eastern Dictator owners.
Have seen mention of ME owners on different threads within the last couple of days. Totally enjoy reading and agree with many of your posts Norm, but am confused on this one?
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Noone has any idea whether there is any middle eastern backing or influence behind Radz is the bottom line
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

45 years of supporting such a roller coaster team...it's enough to end me....but would i have it any other way....mmmm...a wee bit more success might help.
I am just an armchair fan.....but the amount of times i want to give up....but can't...God knows why.
Jaysus...what a team !!!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

danhirons wrote:
Noone has any idea whether there is any middle eastern backing or influence behind Radz is the bottom line
See Cjay's post the other day Dan. I looked at the articles he highlighted, only to find out that investment will probably not be forthcoming from "Aspire", etc.
Azkalwhite wrote: ↑

Have seen mention of ME owners on different threads within the last couple of days. Totally enjoy reading and agree with many of your posts Norm, but am confused on this one?
Lack of investment on our necessary but as yet unmet future additions mate. A refusal to bolster our real strengthening needs as opposed to what Orta apparently thinks are our needs - i.e. we have an over-abundance of up and coming talent (e.g. 95 x U23 forwards) but some of our real needs (CH, LB, 1st team CF) are ignored with the comment that the budget won't run to more. Granted we have De Bock for LB but there seems to be some doubt about his suitability, and a total lack of urgency for our desperate need for a quality CH and an upgrade on our striker force, given that Lasogga will probably be gone after May.

All cnnjecture on my part but not unreasonable, given our apparent lack of ambition to have an adequate and balanced squad.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

We are gonna be Championship for a long time......full stop !!!!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Ronan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:24 pm We are gonna be Championship for a long time......full stop !!!!
Spot on Ronan.

Unless there is a real change of mentality and ambition from the ownership, I dont see us challenging properly for a long time.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Ronan wrote:
We are gonna be Championship for a long time......full stop !!!!
Hopefully we'll remain as high as that!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:24 pm We are gonna be Championship for a long time......full stop !!!!
Why do I have the same feeling ?

A team such as Brentford are more likely of achieving promotion
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:31 pm Spot on Ronan.

Unless there is a real change of mentality and ambition from the ownership, I dont see us challenging properly for a long time.
Radz would never admit he made serious mistakes from day one

I personally never jumped on his gravy train :lol:

You know he did buy the ground back Gurj :roll: :chair:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

There is no excuse for where we are...we should at least be a mid table Premier League club....

Why are we not ?????

We are on SKY every other week.....are SKY lost without us ???
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Clive wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:12 am I don't think it's as bad as people make out, with everyone fit and available we're a top 6 side.
If we could select from everyone available and they all played to their best every game then yes we'd have had a chance for at least the play-offs. Unfortunately we have too many players that are inconsistent and too many that have too many mistakes in their game - take Cooper and Wieldwald as two examples and they have both done well in some games and been disasters in others. Vieira has had some great games and some where he can't pass 5 yards. Alioski, Roofe, Lasogga, Phillips - the list goes on and on and the simple fact is we have far too many inconsistent players. When everything clicks, and a times it did under TC, we played some great football and looked like a great team but when too many players have their off days together then my god we are awful.