Wolves

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Wolves

Post by 1964white »

:clape: :clapp: :supbo:

To all the Wolves fans & those connected with your club

What a team, the best I have seen in the championship by a country mile since we were relegated from the prem

Big, strong, athletic, skillful, plenty of vision from No.1 to 11 & on their bench too. Wolves looked like they had 13 players on the pitch as they passed & spread the ball from the back to the flanks & attacked our box in numbers with considerable ease. Even their defenders knew where everyone of their colleagues were positioned when on the ball.....Brilliant !!!

Wolves will go on to be a top ten premiership club next season. The difference between Wolves & Leeds is a million miles apart :(
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Wolves

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:35 am :clape: :clapp: :supbo:

To all the Wolves fans & those connected with your club

What a team, the best I have seen in the championship by a country mile since we were relegated from the prem

Big, strong, athletic, skillful, plenty of vision from No.1 to 11 & on their bench too. Wolves looked like they had 13 players on the pitch as they passed & spread the ball from the back to the flanks & attacked our box in numbers with considerable ease. Even their defenders knew where everyone of their colleagues were positioned when on the ball.....Brilliant !!!

Wolves will go on to be a top ten premiership club next season. The difference between Wolves & Leeds is a million miles apart :(
The difference between Wolves and Leeds players is millions of pounds apart more like :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:35 am

and a few million quid apart as well Leon , the borrowers v land of the giants last night , but a very skillfull team with accurate passing skills as well .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Indeed young lady & Bert :tup:

Wolves have owners investing in their playing staff

We've continuously had owners on the take take take !

We haven't gone forward in fifteen years just like our average players who play the ball sideways & backwards for much of our games
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Not particularly enamoured when my team are being given a football lesson & we are the victims although I do enjoy watching football how it should be played

Well done Wolves once again....a pleasure to watch for their supporters & football fans in general
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If I watched the last two games without any clue of the table I'd have said Middlesborough were the better team . Do they play again this season?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I thought Boro were better tbh.

Wolves are a good side but people dont half over exaggerate, they wont be anywhere near top ten next season, may survive, but thats down to whether the FA will allow this Mendes link.

PLayed some nice football but by there own fans admission they have struggled, when they get it right its good, but thats not a daily thing , often they struggle, against better teams those plucky wins and draws will become less frequent.

Good side, but take Mendes away there in trouble imo, one word from him Jota, Costa, Boly etc are gone. The Fosun link to his business saves them for now, that could go sour, they could fall out, then what.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:24 pm If I watched the last two games without any clue of the table I'd have said Middlesborough were the better team . Do they play again this season?
Boro' were very good but I really don't know how anyone could deny Wolves are not the best team in the league, they have the best defence, midfield & attack in the championship, we've been battered twice by them.

15 Wolves players have chipped in with goals, two of them in double-figures

13 of the current Boro' squad have chipped in with less goals, only Assombalonga scoring anywhere near double-figures & he can't get the Boro's right now

The table doesn't lie
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:43 pm I thought Boro were better tbh.

Wolves are a good side but people dont half over exaggerate, they wont be anywhere near top ten next season, may survive, but thats down to whether the FA will allow this Mendes link.

PLayed some nice football but by there own fans admission they have struggled, when they get it right its good, but thats not a daily thing , often they struggle, against better teams those plucky wins and draws will become less frequent.

Good side, but take Mendes away there in trouble imo, one word from him Jota, Costa, Boly etc are gone. The Fosun link to his business saves them for now, that could go sour, they could fall out, then what.
Wolves could have scored 8 last night had it not been for the heroics of BPF & the woodwork, they played in 3rd gear in the second-half just as they did at Molineaux

They will buy even better quality players next season in the prem.

Just as Bournemouth went up in style & held their own in the prem Wolves are heading in the same direction

Good luck to them, meanwhile we can only dream of surviving in the championship :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:07 pm Wolves could have scored 8 last night had it not been for the heroics of BPF & the woodwork, they played in 3rd gear in the second-half just as they did at Molineaux

They will buy even better quality players next season in the prem.

Just as Bournemouth went up in style & held their own in the prem Wolves are heading in the same direction

Good luck to them, meanwhile we can only dream of surviving in the championship :(
Meh there ok lol.
I just dont like the Mendes thing, for all Radz is wrong to do what he did he is correct, its atleast morally questionable, ethically wrong, at worst its down right illegal.

But i still say they wont be anywhere near where people keep saying they will, top 6 ive seen top 10, utter nonsense.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

It's painful around here at the moment, so many of them coming out the woodwork, even heard one say they will win the CL within 5 years and meant it . ffs.
Got a 2 hour train journey this evening with 3 of them, it's going to feel a lot longer.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:43 pm I thought Boro were better tbh.

Wolves are by far the best side in this league, head and shoulders above the rest. Much better than Boro as the table shows.

They have so much pace and power, virtually every player is comfortable on the ball......they reminded me of Man City pep style, wing backs pushing so wide at times, stretching the pitch to its max, and some one always available for a pass.

It was very disheartening last night, shows how far behind we are. The table really doesnt lie. We are mid table as we are in essence distinctly average, not great, not good, not awful, not bad, just plain old average !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gurj wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:07 pm Wolves are by far the best side in this league, head and shoulders above the rest. Much better than Boro as the table shows.

They have so much pace and power, virtually every player is comfortable on the ball......they reminded me of Man City pep style, wing backs pushing so wide at times, stretching the pitch to its max, and some one always available for a pass.

It was very disheartening last night, shows how far behind we are. The table really doesnt lie. We are mid table as we are in essence distinctly average, not great, not good, not awful, not bad, just plain old average !
I spend time reading Wolves forum and know some Wolves fans. Think im sick of hearing how awesome they are :lol:

They are very good but this is a poor Championship and teams have done better in more competitive seasons.

As for us past caring this season.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:59 pm It's painful around here at the moment, so many of them coming out the woodwork, even heard one say they will win the CL within 5 years and meant it . ffs.
Got a 2 hour train journey this evening with 3 of them, it's going to feel a lot longer.
One Wolves fan i know is convinced they will sign Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer and they are better then Spurs.

The levels of delusion are incredible.

Good Championship side, not good enough to beat Swansea second string though.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:20 pm One Wolves fan i know is convinced they will sign Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer and they are better then Spurs.

The levels of delusion are incredible.

Good Championship side, not good enough to beat Swansea second string though.
Wish I only knew one of them.. :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:49 pm Meh there ok lol.
I just dont like the Mendes thing for all Radz is wrong to do what he did he is correct, its atleast morally questionable, ethically wrong, at worst its down right illegal.

But i still say they wont be anywhere near where people keep saying they will, top 6 ive seen top 10, utter nonsense.
So your dislike for Mendes is clouding your judgement Cjay all brought about by our out of his depth chairman who employs similar type management to work alongside him
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:07 pm Wolves are by far the best side in this league, head and shoulders above the rest. Much better than Boro as the table shows.

They have so much pace and power, virtually every player is comfortable on the ball......they reminded me of Man City pep style, wing backs pushing so wide at times, stretching the pitch to its max, and some one always available for a pass

Of course they are Gurj

Great point :tup: they rarely wasted a ball, move the ball quickly & attack with pace. At one stage on one of their breaks they had six attackers against three defenders breaking into our box, a missed opportunity on that occasion. How often do you see six of our lot attacking like that ? we are far too slow & sluggish to break in their half let alone their box to create a scoring chance !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:25 pm So your dislike for Mendes is clouding your judgement Cjay all brought about by our out of his depth chairman who employs similar type management to work alongside him
Maybe so.

But no he doesnt part own one of the most powerful football agencies in the world and have the founder as an "advisor" . . .
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:35 am Wolves looked like they had 13 players on the pitch
Yeah well when we have a t*sspot for a manager making such shocking team selections such as Anita at left back and Sacko on the pitch then it is hardly any wonder they looked like they had 2 extra men.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:52 pm Yeah well when we have a t*sspot for a manager making such shocking team selections such as Anita at left back and Sacko on the pitch then it is hardly any wonder they looked like they had 2 extra men.
Have to admit I wouldn't have picked them. Two of the poorest footballers I've witnessed in a long time