Petition to change EFL governance

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Tangerino
Ballboy
Ballboy

Petition to change EFL governance

Post by Tangerino »

A message to ALL football fans, regardless of which club you follow;

Blackpool Supporters Trust has recently created a government petition with the following aim;

The Government must introduce an independent regulator for English football. We urge the Government to introduce an independent regulator for English football, charged with ensuring the highest possible standards of governance for all clubs.

The troubles we have endured at Blackpool FC during the Oyston ownership are well documented and make unbelievable reading, which has culminated in the Oystons being made to pay Valeri Belokon over £30m.

Blackpool FC has become a by-word in the football community for mismanagement and crisis, and yet after a period several years, nothing has been done. The EFL shows no sign that it understands what its leadership role in this area should be, and as it clearly can’t - or won’t - rise to the challenge, then we feel that the Government must step in to lead the process of fundamental reform that is clearly needed.

Blackpool is not the only club in such circumstances. Other 'crisis' clubs include AFC Wimbledon, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Coventry City, Fulham, Leyton Orient, Leeds United.

Football clubs are too precious and too much a part of the fabric of our national life, to be left to the mercy of unregulated and often unscrupulous ownership. They need the protection of a robust regulatory framework that offers a range of sanctions against wrongdoers, mechanisms that allow problems to be confronted before they become deep-rooted and a governing body that has the desire to use it.

As football fans, I would ask that you join us in trying to bring about change within the game and hopefully prevent future owners from loading clubs with debt and running clubs into the ground.

We are all fans and we should stick together to ensure the clubs we love are owned and managed properly.

The petition can be found here – https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/213108

Thank you all for your support and if you have Twitter, please feel free to tweet this or add on Facebook - get this message out there!!
If you are a member of any other of your club's fans forums, please post this on there to spread the word – we, as fans, are all in this together.

Please let us know if you sign it by adding a comment.

You can also sign the petition if you are browsing as a guest on this forum.

MODS: please could you make this a sticky for us, we need all the support we can get

Football without fans is nothing

Good luck for the rest of the season :-)
Last edited by Tangerino on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tangerino
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Petition to change EFL governance

Post by Tangerino »

I can see the number of signatures has increased since I posted this, so thank you for your support so far - keep them coming guys :tup: :tup:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Have signed it and wish you the best of luck with it and with your club. The EFL seem to be a bunch of clueless idiots who are not fit to do the job they are meant to be doing and make up the rules as they go along.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Signed
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Tangerino
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tangerino »

Muchas gracias por su support senor Weasel :tup: :)

We think likewise and that is why the EFL should be held to account for their decisions.

Although my opening post cites mainly BFC issues, these are being mirrored across many, many clubs in all leagues and the EFL tend to stand by and watch owners dismantle clubs at will.

As football fans, we are tribal. But in this instance, as fans, we are a single family - regardless of which club we love. We have a voice and we are going to use it!

Thanks again for your support :tup: :tup: :tup: tell yer mates and get them signing it too :)
Last edited by Tangerino on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tangerino
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tangerino »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:33 amSigned
Thank you :-D
Tangerino
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tangerino »

Fast approaching the 8,000 signature mark, but we need lots more. Keep it up guys :tup:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

You just hitting forums or had any blog posts too?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Tried to sign, just told the truth and was told I can't register because it's over 15 years since I left England. :rant:

Oh well, I tried.
You certainly have my support T.
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:01 pm Tried to sign, just told the truth and was told I can't register because it's over 15 years since I left England. :rant:

Oh well, I tried.
You certainly have my support T.
I never sign petitions, I hate my details out in the ether of the web world, but have signed for you Norm.....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Tangerino
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tangerino »

Shields53 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:58 pm You just hitting forums or had any blog posts too?
The Blackpool Supporters Trust are running the petition, but I have had a bit of spare time and wanted to help out so it is mainly fans forums from me at the minute.

Feel free to advertise the petition elsewhere though as every little helps - there has been a good number of signatures today since I posted on here, so thank you and well done to Leeds fans - but we need lots more to reach the ultimate goal :tup: :tup:
Tangerino
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tangerino »

Nice one Hector
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote: ↑
but have signed for you Norm.....
Thank you Hector - you're always so helpful!

(cough) I await my invitation to join the NF (cough)
Tangerino
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tangerino »

Thank you to the mods for supporting this and making this thread a sticky - top guys :) :tup: :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:18 pm Thank you Hector - you're always so helpful!

(cough) I await my invitation to join the NF (cough)
:shhh: :rol: :rol:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tangerino wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:22 pm Thank you to the mods for supporting this and making this thread a sticky - top guys :) :tup: :tup:
Thank Shields53 mate
Tangerino
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tangerino »

Ok, many thanks to Shields53 :tup:

we really appreciate this
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Signed...I really hate the impotent FL
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Tangerino
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tangerino »

faaip wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:39 pm Signed...I really hate the impotent FL
Impotent is a very good adjective in their case!!

Thank you for your support :tup: :tup:
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Signed.
Sooner we get rid of the corrupt bastards the better !!
:hi5: