Current moderators

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Which of the current moderators should we keep:

Poll ended at Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:48 pm

LUFCRACE
13%
Crude
9%
MeeTa
13%
weasel
29%
1964white
36%

Total votes: 55

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Current moderators

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:25 pm That was, other stuff wasn't.
Indeed it wasn't mate

This is exactly what Clive wants, folk on here arguing on here amongst themselves to deflect all the rubbish he spurts out. Apparently he used this ploy where a few will back him up on other forums until the mods realise enough is enough & got shot of him.

Same is happening on here.....I'll guarantee we'll lose long-term members if Clive remains, if people are happy with that scenario than so be it !
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:38 pm I'm really pass caring Weasel

He cooked his goose for me when I intended having a early night on Friday as I had to be up at 5pm in readiness for my journey to Reading. I didn't get to bed until midnight as I was the only mod on here monitoring his posts until Adam came along, hardly got any sleep. That was the final straw for me.

To be honest I can do without all this sh*t so much so I was seriously considering jacking it all in as I'm getting far too old for confrontation especially with an obnoxious aggressive jerk but I refuse to allow Clive dismantle the harmony on this forum. I have some good friends on here & I certainly wouldn't want to let them down or give the impression I'm running scared
Wow, just wow! That is a disgraceful attitude for someone who as a moderator is supposed to act fairly to everyone and I am completely shocked Leon as I expected much more from you.

Like you I have read all of Clive's posts and if I had seen anything that I considered to be out of order I would have pulled him up on it regardless of whether I shared his view or not. Yes he is confrontational but from what I have seen he has only really resorted to insults when he was insulted first (i.e. when Bally called his thread stupid he responded by basically quoting Bally back and as such calling Bally stupid).

It seems like because he hasn't shared the majority view people somehow have the right to say what they want, backed up by the rest of their friends on here. Well that is completely wrong and I don't like it as it is bullying and your recent posts towards him, Leon, have been nothing short of disgusting and as a moderator you are meant to set an example - yes as moderators we will occasionally make mistakes, we are only human, but we have to try to act fairly to everyone and be above petty name calling or worse.

If you cannot moderate fairly to everyone you should step down. This seems personal to me and vindictive.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I blame Phil Hay
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:29 pmI blame Phil Hay
Not again!.....poor old Phil :)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

weasel wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:12 pm Like you I have read all of Clive's posts and if I had seen anything that I considered to be out of order I would have pulled him up on it regardless of whether I shared his view or not. Yes he is confrontational but from what I have seen he has only really resorted to insults when he was insulted first (i.e. when Bally called his thread stupid he responded by basically quoting Bally back and as such calling Bally stupid).
I agree, having read his posts I can't see anything worthy of a ban.

There is no doubt that he makes some posters feel uncomfortable though, not through having a different opinion but through his style of expressing it. Many will be ok with his style, some are not. But if one individual poster causes others to leave and two moderators to argue with each other in public then there is an issue isnt there?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:12 pm Wow, just wow! That is a disgraceful attitude for someone who as a moderator is supposed to act fairly to everyone and I am completely shocked Leon as I expected much more from you.

Like you I have read all of Clive's posts and if I had seen anything that I considered to be out of order I would have pulled him up on it regardless of whether I shared his view or not. Yes he is confrontational but from what I have seen he has only really resorted to insults when he was insulted first (i.e. when Bally called his thread stupid he responded by basically quoting Bally back and as such calling Bally stupid).

It seems like because he hasn't shared the majority view people somehow have the right to say what they want, backed up by the rest of their friends on here. Well that is completely wrong and I don't like it as it is bullying and your recent posts towards him, Leon, have been nothing short of disgusting and as a moderator you are meant to set an example - yes as moderators we will occasionally make mistakes, we are only human, but we have to try to act fairly to everyone and be above petty name calling or worse.

If you cannot moderate fairly to everyone you should step down. This seems personal to me and vindictive.

I think he will step down soon and when that happens most of us won't be happy.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Shields53 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:35 pm I agree, having read his posts I can't see anything worthy of a ban.

There is no doubt that he makes some posters feel uncomfortable though, not through having a different opinion but through his style of expressing it. Many will be ok with his style, some are not. But if one individual poster causes others to leave and two moderators to argue with each other in public then there is an issue isnt there?
I agree with what you say but I feel that we have somehow reached a point whereby Clive is getting attacked for simply having a joke about not receiving his moderator application form and it seems acceptable forum behaviour to behave in that way because it is Clive. If for example Cjay had made a post about not receiving an invite then he wouldn't have been subjected to a nasty post. Yes obviously that would be because Cjay hadn't riled people previously but we shouldn't simply keep beating someone back when they don't deserve it or we are just becoming the bully. It wasn't as if Clive said 'Oi d*ckhead I haven't received my invite you pr*ck!"

In some ways it shows the benefit of having a few moderators as it should lead to a fair and balanced decision (like a 12 person jury) and if they/we don't agree then it shows the system is working as it should otherwise it would make more sense not to have moderators and just have 1 person make the decisions.

I would hope people can all just chill out a little and everyone can start again afresh. Peope know the etiquette now and hopefully everyone can calm it down a bit - no need to ban anyone and let's see if we can all get along even with our differing views.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:33 pm Not again!.....poor old Phil :)
Don't see why everyone else cant see it.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Theres no need for anyone to leave or step down :(

I quite enjoy the activity of recent weeks with our new members.

All just have a big hug and . . . Blame Tom Lees.
Or Phil Hay
Adam Pope
Alan Smith
Michael Brown
Neil Warnock

Perhaps try and get 1 or 2 more mods in quickly to take the pressure off and then all will be well.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Yes he is confrontational but from what I have seen he has only really resorted to insults when he was insulted first.
I did insult him, calling him an arrogant tw@t and a prick, but only in response to him calling me stupid, normally I wouldn't react like that but I did, I won't go in to why I did. He then tried to say he phrased it wrongly, reading it back a few more times there was no way he had done that, I'd agree he misinterpreted my post but even if he had, still no way should he have replied as he did. He also stated anyone who didn't agree with who his choice of manager, would too be stupid to do so. I let it go Again since, he has called me stupid, Sorry you don't find that offensive but I do. You have to admit he has upset the harmony on here , it's not the place for his style of posting imo. Waccoe is much more his style. What makes it evident is the reaction of certain posters who he seems to have bought the worst out of.
I'll not be entering into any furthur dialogue with him, as quite frankly I have no time whatsoever for him, he is a poison.
You go on to state we should wipe the slate clean, he has already said he doesn't care who he upsets, so don't expect anything but the same. You're obviously happy with him but I find it unbelievable you can't see him for what he is.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think 64 is stepping down so let me be the first to thank him for all the time and effort he put in here and I'd like to say this forum wouldn't have been so interesting and enjoyable had he not made that effort. We didn't always agree but we did agree to differ.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

That's bad news.
hector

Post by hector »

I agree
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I hope he doesn't step down as he is a huge part of this forum. I just feel we all need to take a bit of a step back, calm down and breathe as a lot of people have acted in ways that they wouldn't normally ad to blame it all on one person is just making feeble excuses for their own behaviour.

Group hug time c'mon everybody
gessa

Post by gessa »

weasel wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:07 pm I hope he doesn't step down as he is a huge part of this forum. I just feel we all need to take a bit of a step back, calm down and breathe as a lot of people have acted in ways that they wouldn't normally ad to blame it all on one person is just making feeble excuses for their own behaviour.

Group hug time c'mon everybody
I would have thought your last reply to him was the final nail. And still you defend his actions, blaming others.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:05 pm That's bad news.
Mega bad news........ but if that is the case then I'm not surprised after what has gone on over the past few days. A dark day for our once lovely, friendly, all caring forum.... :( :(
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

gessa wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:15 pm I would have thought your last reply to him was the final nail. And still you defend his actions, blaming others.
Why? I simply said if he couldn't moderate fairly that he should step down. I am 100% confident that he can moderate fairly just felt that he had got caught up in things a bit too much and had acted totally out of character. Leon is a great moderator 99.9% of the time hence my suggestion that all of us just take a step back for a moment to calm things down.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

weasel wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 pm Why? I simply said if he couldn't moderate fairly that he should step down. I am 100% confident that he can moderate fairly just felt that he had got caught up in things a bit too much and had acted totally out of character. Leon is a great moderator 99.9% of the time hence my suggestion that all of us just take a step back for a moment to calm things down.
No weasel you didn't You said he had a disgraceful attitude, you were shocked and Leon had been nothing short of disgusting. Now that's not the response I would have expected from a fellow mod. This should have been discussed in private in the mod forum. You have nailed your colours firmly to Clive's flag and publicly berated another mod. A mod I should say who does more for this forum than anyone, who devotes a lot of his time and is obviously getting to the end of his tether with the lack of help from other mods, you included. Just my opinion of course and I truly hope Leon doesn't step down. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

becchio bear wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:10 pm No weasel you didn't You said he had a disgraceful attitude, you were shocked and Leon had been nothing short of disgusting. Now that's not the response I would have expected from a fellow mod. This should have been discussed in private in the mod forum. You have nailed your colours firmly to Clive's flag and publicly berated another mod. A mod I should say who does more for this forum than anyone, who devotes a lot of his time and is obviously getting to the end of his tether with the lack of help from other mods, you included. Just my opinion of course and I truly hope Leon doesn't step down. :bear:
Yes I said that in this instance (his 2 posts on this thread) that he had a disgraceful attitude and if you read what he said I stand by that as it was a disgraceful attitude towards a poster, in this case Clive. That was why I was shocked as I found it disgusting and completely out of character for Leon based on what I have seen from him in the years I have been on the forum.

I also pm'd Leon at the same time although that conversation is between him and me and have opened a thread on the moderator forum so we can discuss various things. I did however feel the need to post on here as I felt Leon's posts were out of order towards Clive and would have done he same if it had been Leon saying the same things to you, or if it had been Clive saying the same things to you. As a moderator I have to try to be 100% impartial regardless of whether I consider someone as my friend or foe on here. I consider Leon as a friend but I still have to speak up if I think he is in the wrong.

I am 100% not interested in the politics of this forum, of being in a gang etc I will agree and disagree with anyone dependent on the subject not who they are.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

No one has discussed anything with me in private, the comments about me are very public.

Weasel's nailed his colours to the flag of fairness.

If people care so much about Leon, they shouldn't go crying and complaining to him and making idle threats to leave.

I've gone back and forth with him on Heckingbottom before and it's been fine, it's only when other people have started to get involved that it seems to have got personal between us.

I'm not creating issues, I'm just exposing ones that are already there. And not deliberately, by the way. From reading the start of this thread there appears to have been issues before, and if I get forced off, they'll emerge again.

All this talk of disrupting peace and harmony is just a way of poisoning people against me.

I'm even getting criticised by someone for giving a calm and considered response to them calling me a prick.

This is all happening because we're passionate Leeds fans and we care about how this season has gone. I strongly believe that the Heckingbottom appointment destroyed any chance of promotion and if he starts next season as manager it could set us back years, other people feel we have no choice but to back him.

I complained about Grayson for years on ja606, in the same style. It was only when we really started to struggle and emotions ran high that people complained about me going on about him and got me banned.

The mods at the time said they felt bad about banning me as I'd not broken any rules, they were just sick of having to deal with the complaints like 64 is, and banning me was the easiest option.

I returned to not606 recently. I was pretty calm as I was behind Christiansen and felt he could turn things around, but it didn't stop one or two people spreading poison and I was banned again for no reason. I checked back on there after and it appeared there was a big situation with people getting banned, and moderators getting banned, and all sorts kicking off.

I'll try to calm it down and leave it to Cjay and Weasel to bang on about Heckingbottom, but it's a two way street and there's not much I can do when people get offended by a harmless joke.