Jamie Carragher

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Jamie Carragher

Post by Cjay »

Suspended by Sky over footage of him spitting at a Manchester United fan and his daughter.

Disgusting behaviour of course.

But you could hear the sound of kerching in the Utd fans voice.

Felt sorry for the girl, she was telling her Dad basically leave him alone. She was mortified.

Wtf Jamie was thinking i dunno.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Re: Jamie Carragher

Post by Ronan »

No excuse...looks like he will go the way of Andy Gray & Richard Keys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GEBm3YdKuo
Last edited by Ronan on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Typical behaviour of an ex footballer, who if he hadn’t been a footballer would have probably spent a life on the dole or turned to crime. Plenty of them don’t have any sense and don’t realise how fortunate they’ve been in their lives and think they are allowed to behave how they want. People like Carragher should be setting good examples not acting like this.
Disgusting and deserves any punishment he gets.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:04 pm Typical behaviour of an ex footballer, who if he hadn’t been a footballer would have probably spent a life on the dole or turned to crime. Plenty of them don’t have any sense and don’t realise how fortunate they’ve been in their lives and think they are allowed to behave how they want. People like Carragher should be setting good examples not acting like this.
Disgusting and deserves any punishment he gets.
He certainly does Rich :tup:
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Ronan wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:03 pm No excuse...looks like he will go the way of Andy Gray & Richard Keys.

To his credit....he is not hiding.

I have watched this interview.....and I am gonna be perhaps naive and give him the benefit of the doubt.....we are all human.
Last edited by Ronan on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Should follow the example of Saint Gary of Neville :) :angel:
Signed

King Cjay

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Sounds like hes been goaded all the way up the road. Not sticking up for his behavious but I do not think the 'victims' here are all that innocent.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Ronan wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:03 pm No excuse...looks like he will go the way of Andy Gray & Richard Keys.

They also got rid of Rodney Marsh when he was on the Saturday panel Ronan.....he made a very ill judged joke that really backfired.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Shields53 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:36 pm Sounds like hes been goaded all the way up the road. Not sticking up for his behavious but I do not think the 'victims' here are all that innocent.
Here's a thought. How about concentrating on driving, especially on a motorway, keep your window up, put the radio on and don't get distracted by idiots obviously on a wind up? Wonder who was doing the filming on their phone? the other driver? if that's the case that's a fine and points on his licence for a start. As for Carragher, absolutely disgusting behaviour, he only seems bothered that he spat on a 14 year old rather than that he spat at all!! :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

becchio bear wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:52 pm Here's a thought. How about concentrating on driving, especially on a motorway, keep your window up, put the radio on and don't get distracted by idiots obviously on a wind up? Wonder who was doing the filming on their phone? the other driver? if that's the case that's a fine and points on his licence for a start. As for Carragher, absolutely disgusting behaviour, he only seems bothered that he spat on a 14 year old rather than that he spat at all!! :bear:
He should have absolutely, but he's a footballer, they are a bit dim! It is disgusting and I'm sure he has cost himself his career as a pundit on Sky because of it. But there are questions around the driver of the other vehicle as you say, how long were they winding him up for, who was filming it...
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Disgusting behaviour, I must admit, I am not keen on any of the sky sports pundits and the bunch of cronies they have on a Saturday really are the worst of the bunch. Becchio Bear beat me to it as I was going to question what about he guy filming it on his phone whilst driving and... Was JC not aware he was being filmed, surely he saw the bloke holding the phone up?
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

He seems to be being defended pretty strongly in the media, they appear to be paving the way for him to return.

It's funny, people can be demonised and sacked, or defended and allowed to return depending on what suits.

I think there's more to this than meets the eye. I can't see him getting that upset over being taunted about the score. I reckon the guy brought up a personal situation Carragher doesn't want to be made public.

Carragher is disgusting, though. You only have to look at him and listen to him to see that he's feral.

There's no way he should have been employed as a pundit in the first place. Him and Neville go way overboard attacking players even though they made plenty of mistakes themselves.

There was an incident before where he deliberately took out a YouTube guy with a dirty tackle during a charity game.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Similar to your post about Hay and Pope the media does tend to lead people in cases like this and as you say it is interesting how much media support he is getting. Regardless of any provocation his actions were indefensible. Like BB mentioned he should have just concentrated on driving and kept his window up
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Clive wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:48 am He seems to be being defended pretty strongly in the media, they appear to be paving the way for him to return.

It's funny, people can be demonised and sacked, or defended and allowed to return depending on what suits.

I think there's more to this than meets the eye. I can't see him getting that upset over being taunted about the score. I reckon the guy brought up a personal situation Carragher doesn't want to be made public.

Carragher is disgusting, though. You only have to look at him and listen to him to see that he's feral.

There's no way he should have been employed as a pundit in the first place. Him and Neville go way overboard attacking players even though they made plenty of mistakes themselves.

There was an incident before where he deliberately took out a YouTube guy with a dirty tackle during a charity game.
Did you not watch the video of it I'm guessing, where he taunts him about the scoreline?

Also, if the story is not public how would a random United fan know about it?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Like Clive though I can't see how someone just going 2-1 etc would draw that type of response, Carragher must have experienced much worse 'provocation' than that throughout his careers. Not defending Carragher in any way and I hope all parties are charged with dangerous/reckless driving and Carragher should also be charged with some form of assault.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:20 am Like Clive though I can't see how someone just going 2-1 etc would draw that type of response, Carragher must have experienced much worse 'provocation' than that throughout his careers. Not defending Carragher in any way and I hope all parties are charged with dangerous/reckless driving and Carragher should also be charged with some form of assault.
Gah what nonsense, stop reading too much into it. In that case then, Saiz should be charged too :roll:
hector

Post by hector »

Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

What is it about spitting ?

I know it's vile but....

Radio phone in callers,sorry,experts, are virtually saying that what Carragher has done is worse than him giving the other driver a damned good hiding !

And the condemnation from the cream of football....Joey Barton and Vinnie Jones ffs !!

Really ??

He did wrong...he apologised....what about us using a little known word....forgiveness ??
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ronan wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:43 pm What is it about spitting ?

I know it's vile but....

Radio phone in callers,sorry,experts, are virtually saying that what Carragher has done is worse than him giving the other driver a damned good hiding !

And the condemnation from the cream of football....Joey Barton and Vinnie Jones ffs !!

Really ??

He did wrong...he apologised....what about us using a little known word....forgiveness ??
Did find it quite funny :lol:

Real shining examples to future generations those pair.

Think spitting is seen as cowardly and disgusting.

Jamie did wrong but have Sky banned Owen Oyston who did far worse? Kirsty Gallagher who could have killed someone when she was drunk? Wayne Rooney whose also been done for Drink driving? Ryan Giggs, John Terry, list goes on of players who have done worse but Sky welcome them with open cheque books.
Signed

King Cjay