Go Dutch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Go Dutch

Post by Cjay »

Frank De Boer.

Could he be the man for the future?

Once not long ago regarded as one of the best young managers in the world. Still only 47 his reputation has taken a beating.

Short spells at Inter Milan and Crystal Palace have done the dutch international no favours.

Today branded "the worst manager in premier league history" by Jose Mourinho.

Could he be the man to rebuild a fallen giant and in turn fix his own damaged reputation?

4 Eredevise titles in a row, a mentor to Toby Alderweireld and Christian Eriksson. A student of Ajax and Johan Cruyff in the purest terms.

A man who built his success at Ajax not on money but on youth.

Getting a bit ahead of myself here, but De Boer appeals to me.
Last edited by Cjay on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Go Dutch

Post by Clive »

We've already got a manager, Cjay. :)

Bit of hyperbole from Jose.

He only had 4 games and Palace have lost their last 4.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

I don't think our fans would have him because he's foreign and people think he's useless after what happened at Palace.

Alex Neil fits the bill for me, Scots usually do well for us.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clive wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:59 am I don't think our fans would have him because he's foreign and people think he's useless after what happened at Palace.

Alex Neil fits the bill for me, Scots usually do well for us.
Didn't even get 20 games combined at Inter and Palace. Neither have improved greatly since he left tbf to him.

People say "yeah its easy winning titles at Ajax". . Before De Boer they hadnt won 1 in 7 years. . He won 4 in 6.

He'd command respect because of his playing career, he is a big name which is attractive to players etc.

Many big names now benifited from De Boer.

I'm calling it, Radz ger on the phone.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Shows the lunacy when changing managers of going for someone with a totally different style of play - and then giving them virtually no time for the players to adapt. If you are changing style then you can't simply expect the existing players to suddenly be able to play that way.