Pontus Jansson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Pontus Jansson

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:59 am I can understand how Pontus feels because I also have a winning mentality in the sport I play even though I'm old sod. Unfortunately we'll probably lose him come the end of the season
Think it is a certainty especially given the lack of progress and lack of any sign that we will do better next season.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Swedish paper Expressen say that Pontus Jansson wants to know what Leeds United have got planned for next season, and they quote him as saying: “We’ll see what happens, I want to hear from the club about how it’s going to look next year and so on.” #lufc
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Go Pontus if you want to further your career rather than be dragged down to the level of others around you. Our board hoodwink you & our fans last summer & they'll no doubt attempt to repeat their b*llsh*t......Radz & co are not to be trusted big man !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Make a stand, get Pablo, Alioski, Saiz, Vieira and Forshaw.

March into Radz office and demand to know whats going to happen?

How ambitious is the summer going to be, when is Hecky taking his kids on holiday and when is Dean Smith arriving.

If the answer to those 3 questions is, very, May 7th, May 8th, then stay.

If it isnt then go, have a proper career.

Edit . .Anyone get the feeling Pontus was lied to to get him to sign a new deal?

Promised ambition and such.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:41 pm Go Pontus if you want to further your career rather than be dragged down to the level of others around you. Our board hoodwink you & our fans last summer & they'll no doubt attempt to repeat their b*llsh*t......Radz & co are not to be trusted big man !
Seriously? :roll:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

This is the guy around whom a team - any team - should be built.

He goes/is allowed to go, then, any questions around ambition will be answered.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Crude wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:52 pm Seriously? :roll:
Absolutely serious

We were three players away from a decent team at the end of last season just missing out on the top six, now we are million miles away from a play-off position due to :

Poor managerial recruitment
Poor/average players signed to replace the departed spine of team last summer
One decent player signed in the January window when more was required
Radz giving four year plus contracts to some of the worst footballers I've seen graced the ER turf
Radz putting a cap on salaries
Radz claiming there are limited funds in the coffers :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:00 pm This is the guy around whom a team - any team - should be built.

We are more likely to build a team around Cooper & Pennington :x
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gino 1959 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:00 pm This is the guy around whom a team - any team - should be built.

He is but equally if he wants to go he will as the days of players honouring contracts is long gone. The only hope is that if he goes then we reinvest the money wisely. You would hope that at the very least we are currently planning on buying 1 centreback anyway and have a list of decent targets.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

All the social media unrest and players like Pontus expressing concerns is great news, it WILL be filtering through to Rads and he either ignores it and loses everyone who has any faith remaining or he acts between now and preseason in an attempt to fix it.

Bates, GFH and Cellino are still fresh in my mind so be careful wishing for another new owner just yet. PR or not you cat dismiss the fact Rads brought back ER he reinvested large chunks of money and he has put an infrastructure in place with a network of scouts and coaches and backroom staff. Right or wrong he even paid out £500k for who he thought was the right replacement coach rather than a free option.

Whether it is working or not is another matter but he tried, I’ll give him preseason to see what he does before judging him, he tried this season it failed, now it is time to see if it is lesson learned time.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Richard wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:10 am All the social media unrest and players like Pontus expressing concerns is great news, it WILL be filtering through to Rads and he either ignores it and loses everyone who has any faith remaining or he acts between now and preseason in an attempt to fix it.

Bates, GFH and Cellino are still fresh in my mind so be careful wishing for another new owner just yet. PR or not you cat dismiss the fact Rads brought back ER he reinvested large chunks of money and he has put an infrastructure in place with a network of scouts and coaches and backroom staff. Right or wrong he even paid out £500k for who he thought was the right replacement coach rather than a free option.

Whether it is working or not is another matter but he tried, I’ll give him preseason to see what he does before judging him, he tried this season it failed, now it is time to see if it is lesson learned time.
:tup: Sensible viewpoint. Refreshing to read among some of the emotional diatribe.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Azkalwhite wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:34 am :tup: Sensible viewpoint. Refreshing to read among some of the emotional diatribe.
I think that we have learned over the years to be realistic, although an emotional response is understandable.

I like to believe that Pontus wants to do well - be successful - with LUFC.

So I wouldn't fault him were he to feel that his ambition wasn't being matched and looked elsewhere.

He probably feels that one year of his professional life has been wasted.

And thinking why should he waste another.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Azkalwhite wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:34 am :tup: Sensible viewpoint. Refreshing to read among some of the emotional diatribe.
Sorry Azkal it's not emotional diatribe

How many seasons have we lost our best players due to poor management/lack of ambition as we jog along prolonging our stay in the championship ?

Until players can visualise our club are moving forward, they are not gonna hang around stalling their careers due to broken promises

We could probably pick two international teams on the players that have come & gone over the last 15 years

Soul destroying !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pontus Jansson to captain Sweden v Romania tonight :scar1
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Richard wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:10 am All the social media unrest and players like Pontus expressing concerns is great news, it WILL be filtering through to Rads and he either ignores it and loses everyone who has any faith remaining or he acts between now and preseason in an attempt to fix it.

Great post, we've seen some dark days - this season has been a huge disappointment but it does feel like we've tried to do the right things and at the end of the season there will be clubs who have chucked far more money at it and do not go up.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.footballinsider247.com/leed ... o-jansson/

Hes at it again.

Not really understanding these "politics", what "political" reason would there be for TC not to -play Cibicki?

And why is it all TC's fault? Hecky has been here now for 8 games, nearly 2 months, he hasnt even had Cibicki on the pitch once.

I can tell Pontus why Cibicki hasnt been playing, he played the majority against Hull, Burton, Birmingham, Newport and Ipswich and contributed nothing. SO he was dropped.

Like Saiz he is one of the blue eyed boys with a lot of the fan base, but at times his attitude is bad imo, lots of moaning, lots of speaking when he shouldnt.

Criticising a manager for not picking your mate (when he did pick your mate and the new manager hasnt) is exactly why Pontus isnt captain, far to emotional.

100% gone in the summer
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't think there were many happy players in the TC dressing room, Klich accused him of just wanting to look good and going missing during training. That led to their fall out and there's been a lack of sympathy in general from the players regarding TC leaving.

I think TC destroyed a lot of the players confidence, created unrest and was possibly dressing room poison. Cibicki just seemed to fall apart.

No evidence bar the couple of outbursts and crash in form, just a suspicion but if true means the next manager has to clean up the s**t first
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Elland back »

weasel wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 am Think it is a certainty especially given the lack of progress and lack of any sign that we will do better next season.
I too can understand Jansson's stance. If you remember Bamba did the same kind of thing sticking his neck out at the end of season...
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Elland back »

faaip wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:33 pm I don't think there were many happy players in the TC dressing room, Klich accused him of just wanting to look good and going missing during training. That led to their fall out and there's been a lack of sympathy in general from the players regarding TC leaving.

I think TC destroyed a lot of the players confidence, created unrest and was possibly dressing room poison. Cibicki just seemed to fall apart.

No evidence bar the couple of outbursts and crash in form, just a suspicion but if true means the next manager has to clean up the s**t first
Cibicki's face does not fit. It's as simple as that. Heckingbottom is trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea. If Cibicki plays badly, the Elland Road faithful will crucify Heckingbottom; infact Cibicki would need to have a blinder for fans not to jump down his throat.

For every week that passes the noose around Heckingbottoms neck will be getting tighter and tighter, and his creative thoughts and ideas put on the back burner in favour of the safe option of losing by just a few goals.

Jansson comes across as a leader, and whilst it was not politically correct for his outburst, whats the club going to do?

Bench him - No - public outroar

Fine him - No - public outroar

Transfer list him " "
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:33 pm I don't think there were many happy players in the TC dressing room, Klich accused him of just wanting to look good and going missing during training. That led to their fall out and there's been a lack of sympathy in general from the players regarding TC leaving.

How does a new manager coming in from a club in a far worse position then laying the blame solely at the feet of the players clean anything up?

Your at one company, your old boss leaves because things have slid. Then your employer appoints a new boss from a company that has been doing worse then your company.

This new boss proceeds to tell you that its all your fault that things arent improving under his leadership.

Hows that work.
Signed

King Cjay