Caleb Ekuban

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Caleb Ekuban

Post by weasel »

Yeah bunch of muppets. When you consider he has twice had to come back from injuries it is no surprise he hasn't got himself into any sort of rhythm. Definitely a potentially very good player if he can add goals to his performances -- and no reason he shouldn't as he did have a good scoring record last season albeit in Albania.

But hey why not simply try to destroy a player from the club you suggest you support. Absolute cretins some 'fans.' Need to get Clive to start a petition to get those fans out of the club.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Thought he played well yesterday.

His movement was class, probably deserves more praise for the timing of his runs then he gets.

Missed 1 he should have scored, the other he did everything right was just a good save.

Every striker misses, Chris Wood missed plenty, part and parcel.

His finish, controlling the strike, keeping it low and directing it the way he did wasnt easy either.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Elland back
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Elland back »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:48 pm I see the twitterverse have decided that Ekuban isnt good enough :roll:

Getting tons of sarky comments and abuse . . .

Based on his minutes amounting to 5 games, or 39 minutes a game. Suppose they have to decide someone isnt good enough, Chris Wood, Pierre Lasogga, Jay Roy Grot, Gianni Alioski now Ekuban. Gotta have an attacker to boo :duno:

ffs give the guy a chance.
He really disappointed against the Wendies. He is certainly not a sole striker, but the effort was not there. Only Hernandez, Alioski and Berardi showed any passion. Forshaw , Alioski and Hernandez were the only ones to have a good game against the Wendies.

Back to Ekuban, pleased the lad got off the mark, but he didn't look like adding to his tally.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I wonder if the goal will open the tricklegates.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hopefully Ekuban starts at Fulham

We need some pace upfront giving Fulham something to think about. We don't want to be defending for the 90 minutes as was the case last season
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:21 am Hopefully Ekuban starts at Fulham

We need some pace upfront giving Fulham something to think about. We don't want to be defending for the 90 minutes as was the case last season
To be fair though that was the way we were set up last year and it so nearly worked. If memory serves we were 1-0 up v Fulham and hit the post/missed a great chance to be 2-0 up and they equalised at the death. Fine margins but I think if we had won that game we'd have made the play-offs as it would have demoralised Fulham and I doubt they would have then gone on the excellent run they did.

Looking back and Monk probably overachieved, despite the wobble at the end, and got the most out of the squad's limitations. Maybe a bit of a one dimensional manager as he should have got more out of a better squad at Boro.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

I can`t see him improving (enough), but then: Doukara (where the f**k has he gone?) proved that players against all odds can improve, if given time...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I think it's a confidence thing with him. I'd give him more playing time this year. Next year I think he merits a place on the bench behind Roberts and hopefully a striker we can bring in to replace Lassoga
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I hope to be proved wrong but i would rather someone be a lazy player and deliver the goals.
That is all that really matters here and CE sadly does not seem to have the composure in front of goal.
When we got beaten by Fulham the BEST 2 chances of the night were Ekuban 1 on 1 (straight at keeper) and Grot ( headed over from about a yard!)
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Dalton wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am I hope to be proved wrong but i would rather someone be a lazy player and deliver the goals.
That is all that really matters here and CE sadly does not seem to have the composure in front of goal.
When we got beaten by Fulham the BEST 2 chances of the night were Ekuban 1 on 1 (straight at keeper) and Grot ( headed over from about a yard!)
Great view of them both as they were at the Leeds end. Still can't believe how they missed both opportunities......well yes I can because they are crap footballers :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

As I say Ekuban has missed more scorable opportunities (gilt edged) than anyone else in the league by a wide margin in the last few weeks. Had he put away the chances at an average rate he'd have scored 4/5 goals more goals than he has and we get different results.

But it happens we've seen that with so many quality strikers in the past.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Yeah a lot simply boils down to confidence with strikers. Just look at Wood's first season with us but then suddenly the next season he was a goal machine. Would certainly not write Ekuban or Grot off yet - although it is apparently okay to write players off quickly but no one is allowed to criticise a shockingly poor manager.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://roblufc.org/2018/04/26/internat ... -atkinson/

Decent article there.

Not short of strikers Ghana.
Jordan Ayew-
Richard Boakye
Raphael Dwamena (be better off looking at him then the bloke from Serie B)
Asamoah Gyan.

All good enough for this league, so if Ghana saw something in Caleb thats good for us.
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:45 pm https://roblufc.org/2018/04/26/internat ... -atkinson/

Decent article there.

Not short of strikers Ghana.
Jordan Ayew-
Richard Boakye
Raphael Dwamena (be better off looking at him then the bloke from Serie B)
Asamoah Gyan.

All good enough for this league, so if Ghana saw something in Caleb thats good for us.
I'd heard about the Ghana call up too. I'm not a talent scout but hopefully everyone sees something in him that just hasn't quite happened yet. It's probably just a confidence thing with him. Once he hits the net a couple of times, the issue will be out of his head, and he'll flourish ...... Hopefully ...
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

A star in the making, gives too much not to make it
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Shame it didnt work out for him.

Had a lot to like, pace, power, effort, good link play, just couldn't find the net.

Went on loan to Trabzonspor for the season (permanent move possible).

Came off the bench for his debut with his new side 3-0 up.

Scored a goal in the final knockings to make it 4-0 . . .

And guess which Turkish side were the team on the receiving end :)

That horrible lot from Istanbul.

Good lad Caleb, hope you score lots more.
Signed

King Cjay