Bailey Peacock-Farrell

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Bailey Peacock-Farrell

Post by becchio bear »

I've been really impressed with BPF. Ok goals have gone in but he's the last line of defence and he has other far more experienced players in front of him who haven't done their job! He's one for the future. He's only young and got plenty of time to craft his trade but so far he's done ok. :tup: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:26 pm I've been really impressed with BPF. Ok goals have gone in but he's the last line of defence and he has other far more experienced players in front of him who haven't done their job! He's one for the future. He's only young and got plenty of time to craft his trade but so far he's done ok. :tup: :bear:
Agree :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:30 pm Aye....but we have a big defender injury list Cjay, and you said yourself yesterday that Sunderland will have been well up for it as they're fighting for their Championship lives. So pleased that our young goalie seems to be coming on nicely. Oh, and I watched the highlights of the game this morning and I have to say that your comments during the game yesterday were spot on....I knew what was coming next! :)
Yeah we do have a lot of injuries and Sunderland are fighting for survival (ole Hevky used the exact same excuses) :)

He did do very well, the save from Fletcher's header was class.

Thanks very much I'm glad :)

Do you just not want to watch streams Swan?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:38 pm Yeah we do have a lot of injuries and Sunderland are fighting for survival (ole Hevky used the exact same excuses) :)
Cjay you should know better than to mention 'ole Hevky' in a non-specific thread. I appreciate you tried to fool people by the deliberate spelling mistake and because of that I will only give you a warning this time - others however may not be so lenient with you so you may wish to buy yourself a very comfortable cushion and/or a radish remover.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:58 am Cjay you should know better than to mention 'ole Hevky' in a non-specific thread. I appreciate you tried to fool people by the deliberate spelling mistake and because of that I will only give you a warning this time - others however may not be so lenient with you so you may wish to buy yourself a very comfortable cushion and/or a radish remover.
Ole Hevky is a the manager of the Moscow handball team who were recently defeated by the Sunderland handball team who are also fighting against relegation.

Is this not common knowledge?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:28 pm Ole Hevky is a the manager of the Moscow handball team who were recently defeated by the Sunderland handball team who are also fighting against relegation.

Is this not common knowledge?
Glad I don't support the Moscow handball team as they must be worse than us - look on the positive side we got a draw against our Sunderland counterparts :lol:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

When we've had no real credible first choice keeper this season why has it taken so long for him to get a chance. All our coaching staff must have seen a decent keeper in training day in day out - that's a concern.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

My hope for him was to get a few games this year and be back up next year after we bring in a new experienced keeper. (Why we didn't keep Rob Green I'll never know).

Now I'm seeing him as a possible No. 1 next year, Lonners on the bench, and save ourselves some money we could spend on a striker and a center back.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

For those who have seen him regularly how does he seem at taking crosses and commanding the box? From the highlights I have seen he seems to be rooted to his line for set pieces which may just be what he has been told to do as I recall that it appeared FW had been told to stay on his line for set pieces early in PH's reign. Is this a tactic or a flaw in BPF's all-round game? Or has he actually been dealing with crosses?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I think the lad has done well, better than Lonners has shown so far this season. I just worry we are going to damage his confidence with all the goals we are shipping.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Personally I would like us to sign a decent experienced keeper and send BPF out on loan for a season before bringing him back in. He's good compared to the other two but if our aim is top 6 we need better.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Sad to say I am not that impressed so far and even worse is the reasons for giving him games in the first place. The desperation to find a team to get a result. The result, 30 players in the first team, 3 goalkeepers playing over half a dozen league games each and the bottom of the disciplinary table. :|
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:46 pm For those who have seen him regularly how does he seem at taking crosses and commanding the box? From the highlights I have seen he seems to be rooted to his line for set pieces which may just be what he has been told to do as I recall that it appeared FW had been told to stay on his line for set pieces early in PH's reign. Is this a tactic or a flaw in BPF's all-round game? Or has he actually been dealing with crosses?
BPF has actually caught some crosses :shock:
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Another thing i have noticed with him is his lack of using his feet to save the ball.
I always thought that keeping the ball out of the net was more important than a show off dive.
I saw BPF dive for one than was about 1ft away from his boot and it went under his body.

Please can you stick out your size 10s and boot the bldy thing away next time please.
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
gessa

Post by gessa »

We need a new number 1 but more than happy with him as back up.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:19 am We need a new number 1 but more than happy with him as back up.
this or like or ditto
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 am this or like or ditto
In my case thicko
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not for me to argue Gessa
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We need a new everything :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 am this or like or ditto
this or ditto or like :)