moving back to pudding land

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sonofaspud
Ballboy
Ballboy

moving back to pudding land

Post by Sonofaspud »

hi all. first post but don't all be mean... as a boy I lived just outside of pudsey. been down here in south east London for over 35 years.ouch... its been that long.. I want to move back up to be closer to our son who lives in Rochdale.we don't have any kids at home anymore and was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about the fanny moor estate over in ( sorry to say ) huddersfield....its just south of the town and has fields around the back of the house.to be honest its a little bit out of the way with regard finding work as I'm still just 50 and id really like to be more central to the other towns ..ie Halifax Dewsbury.sort of thing as to increase the chance of finding work within a short commute. I know what your thinking.. why not go onto a huddersfield town forum and ask. but to be honest,i wasn't sure they would be able to understand my southern accent :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: moving back to pudding land

Post by The Subhuman »

I have a lousy memory but I think the girl you want is Becchio Bear....think that's her neck of the woods
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Good luck with your new life.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Welcome mate . Hope all goes well big change from the lights of London for one thing sure. I lived down near Bermondsey meself way back , and liked it to be honest. Place called Southampton way would you know it?
Sonofaspud
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Sonofaspud »

paddy parrott wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:34 am Welcome mate . Hope all goes well big change from the lights of London for one thing sure. I lived down near Bermondsey meself way back , and liked it to be honest. Place called Southampton way would you know it?
thats a little to into town for me im more on the ripples of london. but i do know thats bandit country and i m sure you new plenty of millwall.

thanks all for the quick replies. when we lived in a little place called farfield ( just looked that up on google maps ) im supprised its so close to bradford.thought it was much closer to leeds. first girlfriend jane crover and first dirty thoughts of the girl over the back garden fence were of leslie timebomb. how do we remember such stupied things but forget to shut the door when we leave the house to go shopping. old age sucks
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sonofaspud wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:19 am hi all. first post but don't all be mean... as a boy I lived just outside of pudsey. been down here in south east London for over 35 years.ouch... its been that long.. I want to move back up to be closer to our son who lives in Rochdale.we don't have any kids at home anymore and was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about the fanny moor estate over in ( sorry to say ) huddersfield....its just south of the town and has fields around the back of the house.to be honest its a little bit out of the way with regard finding work as I'm still just 50 and id really like to be more central to the other towns ..ie Halifax Dewsbury.sort of thing as to increase the chance of finding work within a short commute. I know what your thinking.. why not go onto a huddersfield town forum and ask. but to be honest,i wasn't sure they would be able to understand my southern accent :tup:
Don't know that area Son, hopefully someone on here will be able to help you. Good luck with your move

Best thing I did was moving back north to Yorkshire

Welcome to MOT
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Don't know that area specifically but lived Hudders way for a couple of years and commuted in to Leeds on the train, as long as you've access to the mainline Leeds, Manchester etc all an easy commute and will give you a good geographical spread for job seeking.

p.s. Welcome!
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Firstly welcome and you’ll love coming back to Yorkshire as I did when I left the RAF

I don’t know that area at all but my best mate lives in Marsden and works for Northern a Rail there’s two things he moans about (often) that he’s surrounded by Dog Botherers amazing how many came out of the woodwork recently and the other thing is that the train gets cancelled often so as Norfolk says make sure your on a main line route and you’ll be ok for the commuting or you could save all the grief and move to Leeds
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:32 am I have a lousy memory but I think the girl you want is Becchio Bear....think that's her neck of the woods
I live in Bramley and work in Pudsey so sorry I don't have knowledge of Huddersfield :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 pm I live in Bramley and work in Pudsey so sorry I don't have knowledge of Huddersfield :bear:
Sorry thought you did ..my bad
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

Just to help you so you don't get lost on the way back.......

map.jpg
map.jpg (29.09 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

A fairly good representation Hector.
You must have been sober for that 10 seconds. :whistle:
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:44 am A fairly good representation Hector.
You must have been sober for that 10 seconds. :whistle:
:rol: :rol:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu