Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by The Subhuman »

Not much worse than one of the greatest managers of all time ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:03 pm Thought we should give him till the end of the season, changed my mind now, needs to go, Monday morning.

Biggest worry is he will scrape a few wins against crap sides and that'll save him. :(
If the club are talking to him about who he wants to keep, sadly it suggests he will stay in charge next season. Another waste of a season when he's sacked in October and the new manager doesn't want his players.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:11 pm Not much worse than one of the greatest managers of all time ...
And what did Clough do when he came in?

Told all the players to chuck all their medals in the bin.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:38 pm And what did Clough do when he came in?

Told all the players to chuck all their medals in the bin.
Two of our worst managers in our history both said they hated Leeds before they got the job. What a coincidence.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:25 am
I don't want Heckingbottom sacked and replaced with someone equally as bad, and if that happens I'll be wanting them out from day one, and no doubt you'll be on my case about that.
No doubt you know what I will and won`t.
It's ridiculous logic to suggest we keep a hopeless manager because we might get one as bad. It's like saying don't repair a puncture because you might get another one.
So you say: sack and try to get lucky and/or you believe Heck is one of the worst aroud, in which case it can only get better. I find your approach ridiculous: when was the last time we sacked a coach and got someone better in?
I've been following football for 27 years, I've seen the good the bad and the average and I know the difference between a decent manager and a hopeless loser who can blag it.
No doubt you can, sir. If you would come out with your full Name, we could maybe start a petition for you being the main advisor in regard to which coach should or should not be hired. I guess you would prepared to do this favour on the cheap too.

I would love to see Heckingbottom prove you wrong...but I guess you would have your explanaition: he underachieved with the squad he had available...lol...I`m used to people who argue the way you do. It`s a waste of time mostly.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:56 pm
So you say: sack and try to get lucky. Or you believe Heck is one of the worst aroud. I find your Approach ridiculous: when was the last time we sacked a Coach and got something better?
I believe Heck is one of the worst around. It's not my approach to keep sacking managers.

I'd have kept Warnock, Rosler, Darko, Christiansen.

It's got nothing to do with luck. If you appoint someone poor they're gonna be poor.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:04 pm I believe Heck is one of the worst around. It's not my approach to keep sacking managers.

I'd have kept Warnock, Rosler, Darko, Christiansen.

It's got nothing to do with luck. If you appoint someone poor they're gonna be poor.
Warnock proved that he came only to take the piss. Darko had been catastrophic the time he had been at Sturm Graz. The fans loved to se him go. That we even payed for getting him...whatever.
Rosler wasn`t a good coach. Heavy metal-football, my arse.
But the one we should have kept was Monk. He was the best coach we had in years. Christansen
proved to be o.k., aand probably would have started to learn do minimize the bad decisions he made.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:56 pmSo you say: sack and try to get lucky and/or you believe Heck is one of the worst aroud, in which case it can only get better. I find your approach ridiculous: when was the last time we sacked a coach and got someone better in?
I wouldn't have sacked TC firstly, nor appointed Heck. If we didn't make such woeful appointments, we wouldn't have to sack them. I agreed with giving TC time, as he was trying to build something. Jokanovic finished 21st in his first season and Wagner finished 19th in his first season, TC was way above that. Why should we keep a dreadful manager just to show stability?
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:11 pm Warnock proved that he came only to take the piss. Darko had been catastrophic the time he had been at Sturm Graz. The fans loved to se him go. That we even payed for getting him...whatever.
Rosler wasn`t a good coach. Heavy metal-football, my arse.
But the one we should have kept was Monk. He was the best coach we had in years. Christansen
proved to be o.k., aand probably would have started to learn do minimize the bad decisions he made.
You say I'm an idiot for wanting managers sacked, then you run down the ones I said I'd have kept.

Monk was no good, that's why he's ended up down the bottom of the league.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Heck talking sense :

"Our passing & retention of the ball was poor"

"Not cutting out the cross for the goal".....it was Kalvin with his new haircut who made a feeble attempt to stop the cross & KP is one of our defensive midfielders

"Praise for his keeper & young defence"

"Sussed out the players he doesn't want"

"Knows where the problem areas are"

Even though I'm unconvinced with Hecky I can't argue with any of those points he made
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:13 pm Heck talking sense :

"Our passing & retention of the ball was poor"

"Not cutting out the cross for the goal".....it was Kalvin with his new haircut who made a feeble attempt to stop the cross & KP is one of our defensive midfielders

"Praise for his keeper & young defence"

"Sussed out the players he doesn't want"

"Knows where the problem areas are"

Even though I'm unconvinced with Hecky I can't argue with any of those points he made
Every fan could say that. What's so amazing about him stating the obvious?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Managers without a club (if we have any ambition) who'd be perfect:
- Marco Silva
- Slaven Bilic
- Eduardo Berizzo
- Hannes Wolf
- Frank de Boer
- Oscar Garcia

But we don't, so we'll probably appoint another lower league manager.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:30 pm Managers without a club (if we have any ambition) who'd be perfect:
- Marco Silva
- Slaven Bilic
- Eduardo Berizzo
- Hannes Wolf
- Frank de Boer
- Oscar Garcia

But we don't, so we'll probably appoint another lower league manager.
Oscar Garcia is my preference, he was my choice before TC.

Frank De Boer next- did a thread on him a bit ago.

Slavan Billic

Marco Silva

Hannes Wolf

Eduardo Berizzo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Slaven Bilic
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:30 pm You say I'm an idiot for wanting managers sacked, then you run down the ones I said I'd have kept.

Monk was no good, that's why he's ended up down the bottom of the league.
No, no, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We differ in our opinion which managars we believe to have achieved what could have been asked from them.
But: I don`t say I`m for or against sacking Heck as such. But if he`s sacked then he MUST be replaced by a foseable better manager.
Heck as had time to evaluate the squad, so he will have more insight than a new manager coming in.
So if heis sacked then please not 2 weeks into the summer break.
The best Chance for him getting sacked soon, would be a poor performance against Barnsley...that could stir some serious s**t up.
The fans wouldn`t take it well, nor the men in charge.

In regard to Heck: you are convinced you know that he`s useless. You may be right, but I couldn`t say that I know what he`s really capable of given time and some new players he wants to get in.
The managers mentioned were with a high probability useless (Darko..come on, the guy had a dismal record and couldhardly speak English; Rösler had enough time to prove he was living in dream land; The Hock was the anti-hero and a joke as was Warnock...the latter had success at most clubs, but not with us...pur coincidence? And Monk kept our hopes to reach the play-offs very long alive, although, just as in the last x seasons, we fell apart towards the end of the season. He seems to have had a positive impact at Birmingham by the way.)

No problem with your evaluations, but don`t try to suggest I want certain things to happen without mentioning the conditions under which I would want such to happen.
Last edited by fred on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:27 pm If the club are talking to him about who he wants to keep, sadly it suggests he will stay in charge next season.
Maybe they are simply planning to give those players to him when they tell him to f*ck off. Can only hope.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:37 pm Maybe they are simply planning to give those players to him when they tell him to f*ck off. Can only hope.
Listen to the pre Aston Villa interview. He said he would be able to say which players he wants etc.
So he definitely has spoken about him staying. If that decision stands however we perform in the last games I
don`t know. But not a single word from him that could suggest his sacking could be a possibility.
But then: who would know besides Radz/Orta.

Whoever wants him to leave must hope that we perform as bad as possible in the remaining games...only
very bad performances will see him being sacked. At least that is how the situation seems to be in my eyes.
I hope to see good Performances...game against Barnsley will be very tasty. :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I'm guessing TC was sacked as he was too successful then! How do you apologise for appointing a manager with 43.9% win ratio but one with 12% is given more time? The most worrying thing is he'll bring in Barnsley players who like to "get stuck in" on 4 year deals and we'll lose Saiz, Pablo, Alioski and Jansson, leaving a huge mess when he's inevitably sacked.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:48 pm I'm guessing TC was sacked as he was too successful then! How do you apologise for appointing a manager with 43.9% win ratio but one with 12% is given more time? The most worrying thing is he'll bring in Barnsley players who like to "get stuck in" on 4 year deals and we'll lose Saiz, Pablo, Alioski and Jansson, leaving a huge mess when he's inevitably sacked.
Now that is some serious nonsense. Agree?
And who do you believe should `apologize`?