Grand National Day

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Grand National Day

Post by gessa »

hector wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:58 pm What time is kick off?

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Total Recall
Captain Redbeard
Gas Line Boy
Blaklion

Fingers crossed ! (as my office sweep pick has a day job giving kid's rides on Blackpool beach)
gessa

Post by gessa »

Congratulations to 1964White who wins it with 12 points, well done too, to Azkal and BB who both picked the winner.

1964White -12
Azkalwhite -11
Becchio Bear -10
gessa-3
Harry-2
Mrs64-2
Gandalf-0
Gurj-0
Hector-0
Muppetthecat-0
Ratscoot-0

For anyone interested we run a daily napping competition, festival competitions and seasonal NH and flat racing comps, new flat racing comp starts the first Saturday in May.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Well done Leon

Thanks for the comp Ges
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 am Well done Leon

Thanks for the comp Ges
No problem H :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

gessa wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:21 am Congratulations to 1964White who wins it with 12 points, well done too, to Azkal and BB who both picked the winner.

1964White -12
Azkalwhite -11
Becchio Bear -10
gessa-3
Harry-2
Mrs64-2
Gandalf-0
Gurj-0
Hector-0
Muppetthecat-0
Ratscoot-0

For anyone interested we run a daily napping competition, festival competitions and seasonal NH and flat racing comps, new flat racing comp starts the first Saturday in May.
This is why I don't have anything to do with horses.... :)

Besides, there are no handlebars, and the buggers bite... :twisted:

p.s Cheers for the comp Ges... :tup:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Yes nice one Ges :tup: Not really a betting or gee gee aficionado, but managed to place a small bet on the 4 horses I had chosen on here, GBP 1.00 E/W, (through a pal who has an account in Blighty), and won myself a veritable small fortune of GBP 21.75.

Now interested on the horse racing thread going forwards, appreciate if someone could put up an "idiots guide to the racing comp", for simple Simon's like moi ;-)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Azkalwhite wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:28 am Yes nice one Ges :tup: Not really a betting or gee gee aficionado, but managed to place a small bet on the 4 horses I had chosen on here, GBP 1.00 E/W, (through a pal who has an account in Blighty), and won myself a veritable small fortune of GBP 21.75.

Now interested on the horse racing thread going forwards, appreciate if someone could put up an "idiots guide to the racing comp", for simple Simon's like moi ;-)
Nice one Azkal

Please join us by all means

I'll leave it upto Gandi or Ges to put you in the picture regards the rules for the racing competitions
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 am Well done Leon

Thanks for the comp Ges
Thanks Harry
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:21 am Congratulations to 1964White who wins it with 12 points, well done too, to Azkal and BB who both picked the winner.

1964White -12
Azkalwhite -11
Becchio Bear -10
gessa-3
Harry-2
Mrs64-2
Gandalf-0
Gurj-0
Hector-0
Muppetthecat-0
Ratscoot-0

Thank you Ges for the competition, great idea.....Derby day next ?

Hopefully more will join in, you don't need to have an expert knowledge to win these comps in fact it's more likely a disadvantage :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:25 am This is why I don't have anything to do with horses.... :)

Besides, there are no handlebars, and the buggers bite... :twisted:

p.s Cheers for the comp Ges... :tup:
I think you excelled Hector :flog:
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:33 am Nice one Azkal

Please join us by all means

I'll leave it upto Gandi or Ges to put you in the picture regards the rules for the racing competitions
Thanks 64 :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:38 am Thank you Ges for the competition, great idea.....Derby day next ?

Hopefully more will join in, you don't need to have an expert knowledge to win these comps in fact it's more likely a disadvantage :lol:
Says the bloke who won it with 12 points, :duno: :duno:

:)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:39 am Says the bloke who won it with 12 points, :duno: :duno:

:)
Luck mate although Tiger Roll was the best horse in the race :hors:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Did all the horses make it home safely?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:18 pm Did all the horses make it home safely?
Yes thankfully Swannie

Good news for Saint Are as he returns home after "comfortable night" following Grand National fall

George reported his charge to be "shook up" on Saturday night, but had better news on Sunday morning.

"He had a good, comfortable night. They looked after him well at Aintree. His lad stayed up with him and the vets checked him every few hours," said the Slad-based trainer.

"He's eaten his breakfast and he's ready to come home. It's good news. He walked out brighter this morning. I just think he was a bit shaken.

"He's feeling good about it and we're looking forward to getting him home."

Many viewers were left shaken by what they saw - with many thinking a horse had died.

However with Saint Are being looked over, all 37 other horses are said to have 'no concerns.'
gessa

Post by gessa »

Azkalwhite wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:28 am Yes nice one Ges :tup: Not really a betting or gee gee aficionado, but managed to place a small bet on the 4 horses I had chosen on here, GBP 1.00 E/W, (through a pal who has an account in Blighty), and won myself a veritable small fortune of GBP 21.75.

Having a bit of trouble with internet mate will sort the rules when I'm back up and running
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:17 pm Yes thankfully Swannie

Good news for Saint Are as he returns home after "comfortable night" following Grand National fall

George reported his charge to be "shook up" on Saturday night, but had better news on Sunday morning.

"He had a good, comfortable night. They looked after him well at Aintree. His lad stayed up with him and the vets checked him every few hours," said the Slad-based trainer.

"He's eaten his breakfast and he's ready to come home. It's good news. He walked out brighter this morning. I just think he was a bit shaken.

"He's feeling good about it and we're looking forward to getting him home."

Many viewers were left shaken by what they saw - with many thinking a horse had died.

However with Saint Are being looked over, all 37 other horses are said to have 'no concerns.'
Excellent news :) :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:06 pm Excellent news :) :)
I'm happy with the news :-D

I always select 'Saint Are' as one of my picks in the Grand National as he's finished 2nd & 3rd twice at decent odds over the last seven years
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

"1964White -12
Azkalwhite -11
Becchio Bear -10
gessa-3
Harry-2
Mrs64-2
Gandalf-0
Gurj-0
Hector-0
Muppetthecat-0
Ratscoot-0"

:( I don't really do the horses, as evidenced by above.........but thanks for doing the comp !