Grand National Day

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Grand National Day

Post by Azkal »

gessa wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:44 pm Having a bit of trouble with internet mate will sort the rules when I'm back up and running
Cheers Ges, will try to organize a whip round to get you a couple of bob to put in the meter ;-)
gessa

Post by gessa »

Azkalwhite wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:21 pm Cheers Ges, will try to organize a whip round to get you a couple of bob to put in the meter ;-)

Cheers mate, every little helps. :)

Firstly, we have a daily napping competiton, you get a virtual £10 free bet to put on a horse at any meeting that day in the UK and Ireland, you can put it as a £10 win bet or a £5 each way bet.

We also run a competition every Saturday, where again you can choose from a meeting in the UK or Ireland but the difference being it can only be from a national hunt meeting or a flat race meeting dependant on what the season is, we all take it in turns to choose a particular meeting for a weekend, then players can either choose only from that meeting or a minimum of 3 races from that meeting and again at least another 3 races from other meeting/meetings. we have to pick a minimum of 6 races in total for that day,there is no maximum on what you pick we are all given a £600 kitty to start with and you can bet as much as you like on your picks but it has to be a minimum £5 win/£2.50 each way. Think this covers most of the rules, Gandalf who is our running bookie will post a full list of rules soon as we start the new flat race comp Sat 28th April. It may well be worth reading the last 10 pages of the Horse Race thread to give you an idea, may to be worth playing the last week of the national hunt meeting this Saturday to get the hang of things.It is a lot simpler than it may sound . Harry was the same as you but he plays all the comps regulary and often whips us with his picks.
There are other comps through the season but we can get to them as they arise, there is enough to be going on with as it stands.

Hope this helps
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just been reading about saint are.... and to find that a horse died on Thursday at the aintree races....and six (yes six!) died at the Cheltenham festival....some of them only six years old :cry: how is that sport? Why do we do this to these beautiful creatures? I just don't understand..... :cry:
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

gessa wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:04 pm Cheers mate, every little helps. :)

Firstly, we have a daily napping competiton, you get a virtual £10 free bet to put on a horse at any meeting that day in the UK and Ireland, you can put it as a £10 win bet or a £5 each way bet.

We also run a competition every Saturday, where again you can choose from a meeting in the UK or Ireland but the difference being it can only be from a national hunt meeting or a flat race meeting dependant on what the season is, we all take it in turns to choose a particular meeting for a weekend, then players can either choose only from that meeting or a minimum of 3 races from that meeting and again at least another 3 races from other meeting/meetings. we have to pick a minimum of 6 races in total for that day,there is no maximum on what you pick we are all given a £600 kitty to start with and you can bet as much as you like on your picks but it has to be a minimum £5 win/£2.50 each way. Think this covers most of the rules, Gandalf who is our running bookie will post a full list of rules soon as we start the new flat race comp Sat 28th April. It may well be worth reading the last 10 pages of the Horse Race thread to give you an idea, may to be worth playing the last week of the national hunt meeting this Saturday to get the hang of things.It is a lot simpler than it may sound . Harry was the same as you but he plays all the comps regulary and often whips us with his picks.
There are other comps through the season but we can get to them as they arise, there is enough to be going on with as it stands.

Hope this helps
Thanks ges, makes perfect sense. Unable to participate this coming Saturday, will be radio silence from 18th - 24th, but will ease myself in thereafter.
hector

Post by hector »

You ex forces Azkal?
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:13 am Just been reading about saint are.... and to find that a horse died on Thursday at the aintree races....and six (yes six!) died at the Cheltenham festival....some of them only six years old :cry: how is that sport? Why do we do this to these beautiful creatures? I just don't understand..... :cry:
I can't watch jump racing for that reason Swan :(
gessa

Post by gessa »

Azkalwhite wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:24 am Thanks ges, makes perfect sense. Unable to participate this coming Saturday, will be radio silence from 18th - 24th, but will ease myself in thereafter.
Excellent mate, fresh meat. :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mrs64 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:38 am I can't watch jump racing for that reason Swan :(
I know, I'm the same Jill, Flat racing I get, but building fences so high that they're potentally life threatening to horses I don't....
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

hector wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:19 am You ex forces Azkal?
One of Baden Powell's finest pal, Patrol leader. Much preferred gaining my cooking, and wood carving badges than messing around in god forsaken s**t holes with M4C's ;-)
hector

Post by hector »

On reflection..... I think you have the right idea.......
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu