The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 15 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 15 May)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Fulham are on their way to Wembley! There overturned a one goal deficit to beat the Rams 2-1 on aggregate.

The Cottagers wil either play Villa or Boro in the final. Villa have the edge having beaten the Smoggo's 1-0 at the Rioverside in the first leg.

Hadi Sacko has posted on his Instagram account that he will never forget his time at ER.

I think we can safely assume he won't be with us next season.

Is there more pressure put on Leeds Utd players, than other professional footballers!

I've just read an article comparing Oriel Rey to a young Sergio Busquets!

LUST (Leeds United Supporters Trust) are staging a Safe Standing Roadshow today in the hope of re-introducing safe standing at Elland Road.

The stadium has been all-seater since 1994, when terracing in the North Stand was replaced.

Legislation forbids standing sections, but opinion in Leeds appears to be on the side of the Safe Standing campaign.

Thoughts?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 15 May)

Post by HarryofOz »

Good morrow EB

I'm tipping Villa to beat Fulham in the play-off final.

Sacko will be no great loss. Had some good moments but I wouldn't even rate him as a match-changer off the bench.

When players join Leeds from other Championship clubs, or lower levels, I reckon there is greater pressure. I think there is more pressure on players who join Leeds than those who join other Championship clubs generally. Our history and big fan base put the pressure on.

I think there's a chance that there may be some pilot experimenting with safe standing areas in England, though more like in League One and Two at first - or are they already allowed such areas? If they work out, then there's a good chance it will happen in the Championship, but I think the standing areas will be kept small and maybe not allow children. I can't see it happening in the Premiership.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Morning Harry,

Sessegnon and Cairney have the ability to change games. If they are both on fire, who knows!

Boro have Traore. If he plays like he did against Leeds, Villa could be in trouble. Its going to be a close call!!!

Perhaps trial the safe standing area in the cheese wedge?

Sacko tried too hard to impress. He really wanted it to work but had no end product or decent cross.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 am Morning Harry,

Sessegnon and Cairney have the ability to change games. If they are both on fire, who knows!

Boro have Traore. If he plays like he did against Leeds, Villa could be in trouble. Its going to be a close call!!!

Perhaps trial the safe standing area in the cheese wedge?

Sacko tried too hard to impress. He really wanted it to work but had no end product or decent cross.
I don't know enough about the cheese wedge, I think that any trial would have to be in an area where it would be easy to get out of in case there is a problem.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Aye safe standing is what 99% would love to see
Look at the atmosphere at the Bundesliga
Supporters just being ignored goverment & FA w**kers
Got to admit these days I've indulged in a box at croft park.
Elsie keeps it behind the bar and if its raining I stand on it and
Watch the game from the club hoose only can see 2/3rds of the pitch mind.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

liggy wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:08 am Aye safe standing is what 99% would love to see
Look at the atmosphere at the Bundesliga
Supporters just being ignored goverment & FA w**kers
Got to admit these days I've indulged in a box at croft park.
Watch the game from the club hoose only can see 2/3rds of the pitch mind.
Morning Liggy, the FA are out for themselves. A bunch of overpaid, out of touch job for the boys mentality, probably up to their necks in corruption.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good afternoon Matt & all
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 am Good Morning Everyone
Fulham are on their way to Wembley! There overturned a one goal deficit to beat the Rams 2-1 on aggregate.
The Cottagers wil either play Villa or Boro in the final. Villa have the edge having beaten the Smoggo's 1-0 at the Riverside in the first leg
Still hope the 2nd best footballing side wins the championship play-off final. Fulham deserve their place in the prem !
Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 am Hadi Sacko has posted on his Instagram account that he will never forget his time at ER.
I think we can safely assume he won't be with us next season
Hope so :tup:
Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 am Is there more pressure put on Leeds Utd players, than other professional footballers!
I've just read an article comparing Oriel Rey to a young Sergio Busquets
I don't think so, being a decent footballer like any other sport you have to cope with pressure
Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 am LUST (Leeds United Supporters Trust) are staging a Safe Standing Roadshow today in the hope of re-introducing safe standing at Elland Road. The stadium has been all-seater since 1994, when terracing in the North Stand was replaced.
Legislation forbids standing sections, but opinion in Leeds appears to be on the side of the Safe Standing campaign.
I stand at home & away matches. I suspect introducing safe standing would be much safer than standing in seated areas
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:25 am Good afternoon Matt & all
Afternoon Leon. :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:13 pm Afternoon Leon. :)
Hi Matt

Apologies for my late reply, the Mrs & I have been out all morning with work & a fair bit of jollying too :) everything alright on both sides of the fence mate ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

liggy wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:08 am Got to admit these days I've indulged in a box at croft park.
:rol: :rol: :rol:

Love it :) nearly spat my coffee out when at a garden centre this morning
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:33 pm Hi Matt

Apologies for my late reply, the Mrs & I have been out all morning with work & a fair bit of jollying too :) everything alright on both sides of the fence mate ?
Not too bad. All quiet on the Western front...