Summer Transfers and Squad Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Re: Summer Transfers and Squad Discussion

Post by Brader »

Bet victor have suspended betting on Abel Hernandez New club betting - which isn’t that interesting as he’s also said his goodbyes on Instagram and Twitter.

Really hope we get him as I think it would really be a statement of intent but not holding my breath
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Richard wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 pm I mean the one that struggled to get selected for a Spanish second division team managing 5 appearances or 107 minutes in total, not even making the bench for the last three games and subsequently has been left out the last two Japanese Internationals and might not even make the plane to Russia, that one ;-)
Doesn't mean much, BPF couldn't get a game at non league York.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

faaip wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:52 am Doesn't mean much, BPF couldn't get a game at non league York.
Much better example than the one I used haha
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Brader wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:53 am Bet victor have suspended betting on Abel Hernandez New club betting - which isn’t that interesting as he’s also said his goodbyes on Instagram and Twitter.

Really hope we get him as I think it would really be a statement of intent but not holding my breath
Apparently demanded 75k when his move before broke down at villa, so as much as I'd love to see him here, I doubt it will happen
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

faaip wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:52 am Doesn't mean much, BPF couldn't get a game at non league York.
And he isn't good enough for a team that would like to finish top 6, the only reason fans are raving over him is because of how poor Felix and Lonergan are, BPF might be one for the future. If you want to get excited over some Japanese bloke joining and feel he could be the real deal I'm not going to argue with you, he won't ever start a game for Leeds, that's my prediction.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think he's looked a lot better than any other non league we could insert which is the point ...He's earned a shot with a string of excellent performances and all the raw tools are there
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Richard wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:44 pm And he isn't good enough for a team that would like to finish top 6, the only reason fans are raving over him is because of how poor Felix and Lonergan are, BPF might be one for the future. If you want to get excited over some Japanese bloke joining and feel he could be the real deal I'm not going to argue with you, he won't ever start a game for Leeds, that's my prediction.
BPF is a good backup (and based on what he showed in the first team, not only a decent keeper in comparison to Lonergan/Wiedwald.). We need an experienced keeper though, no doubt. The better should play.

The loaned out Japanese guy looks very light-weight. He`s young too, hard to imagine that he will improve the team...probably not a coincidence his fee was only 500`000.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

fred wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:07 pm BPF is a good backup (and based on what he showed in the first team, not only a decent keeper in comparison to Lonergan/Wiedwald.). We need an experienced keeper though, no doubt. The better should play.

The loaned out Japanese guy looks very light-weight. He`s young too, hard to imagine that he will improve the team...probably not a coincidence his fee was only 500`000.
I don’t disagree with any of this :tup:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Phil Hay reporting that Swansea will listen to offers for Bartley, who's preferred destination is ER. Rangers are supposedly interested, but why would he go to a league that is L1 standard at best? And Rangers are sh*te!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Green leaving hudds on a free and stockdale told he’s not wanted by brum.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

Brader wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:36 pm Green leaving hudds on a free and stockdale told he’s not wanted by brum.
I'd take Stockdale
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Richard wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:44 pm And he isn't good enough for a team that would like to finish top 6, the only reason fans are raving over him is because of how poor Felix and Lonergan are, BPF might be one for the future. If you want to get excited over some Japanese bloke joining and feel he could be the real deal I'm not going to argue with you, he won't ever start a game for Leeds, that's my prediction.
Lonergren is probably he second worst ever keeper at the club IMO . Worst would be Rachubka ,who was so bad he made even Lonergren look ok ( I'd say no better than ok ).
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clacton White wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:51 am Lonergren is probably he second worst ever keeper at the club IMO . Worst would be Rachubka ,who was so bad he made even Lonergren look ok ( I'd say no better than ok ).
The present Lonergan is even worse than the other Lonergan we once had some years ago....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

nmj1989 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:54 pm Posh fan in peace here!

Wanted to give you a bit of a low down on Marcus as I think he will end up at Leeds over the next couple of months.

It's such a tough one really. He is without doubt the best player we have had here over the past 5 years and we have had some good players.

However, the baggage that he comes with has seemingly put off potential suitors every transfer window.

So here's the pro's:

Every single time MM gets the ball, you feel something special is about to happen.

He is so fluid when he gets on the ball, he's reasonably quick, agile and when he's running at defenders is very hard to stop.

He makes space for himself so easily. Even if the opposition man mark him, he tends to be too good for them and is always available.

He's a great penalty taker. I think he's only missed one since he has been here.

But most of all, he is an assist king. 60 odd assists over 4 seasons, including 22 this year. With the ball at his feet, he will pick out just about anybody who is within 50 yards of him with ease. He spots passes that no other player would even think about.

And now the con's:

The guy is a complete prick. A sulking, cheating spoilt brat. I'll break it down a little more.

If he doesn't get his own way and another player chooses to pass to someone else, he throws his arms around and his head drops straight away. He moans constantly and has a look on his face like someone has murdered his favourite pet.

He's a cheat. No two ways about it. He dives constantly, faigns injury and tries to get opposition players sent off. I'm all for our players going down if they've been fouled, but the majority of our fans are embarrassed when Marcus does it as it is so dramatic. You will hear his squeals from the top tier!

He's not a team player. Whenever we score, he doesnt get involved in the celebrations. Instead he either celebrates by himself, or simply ignores it and slowly walks back to his own half.

He should score more goals. For a player of his quality, he really should score more. He's our main penalty taker and for a guy who played 40 odd games this season, I think he only scored 3 goals that weren't penalties. He also takes every free kick but hasn't scored a direct free kick for almost 3 years.

50 percent of our fans love him, 50 percent think his negatives outweigh his positives and in fact we would be a better, more coherant team without him.

Oh, and he's wears 2 different boots. No idea why.

I firmly believe that if he didn't have so many negatives, he would be in the premier league by now.

Do I think he's worth the risk? Yeah, I do. You could spend 2 or 3 million quid on far, far worse players.

To sum him up:

Supremely talented, but of a tosser.

Hope that helps and good luck next season!
Thanks very much :)

Bit of a tosser, talented player.

Thats fine by me, plenty of players have been like that, if they score goals and win points im happy with that :)

How about Jack Marriott since we are the bookies favorites?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Phil Hay saying we are in for Angus Gunn on a season loan from Man City. Good young goalkeeper. just been called up to train with the full England squad.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norwich's keeper last season. A year older than BPF ... conceded 60 last season
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:56 am Norwich's keeper last season. A year older than BPF ... conceded 60 last season
He was excellent though, will be a PL keeper in due course. Very solid, does everything well and little wrong. I'd take him without hesitation.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I thought BPF was excellent tbh, not sure I'm that happy training up a player for another team either, 1 year loan with an option to buy would be my minimum.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Gandalf wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:14 am Phil Hay saying we are in for Angus Gunn on a season loan from Man City. Good young goalkeeper. just been called up to train with the full England squad.
He'd be a great signing. Was excellent for Norwich last season.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:53 pm I thought BPF was excellent tbh, not sure I'm that happy training up a player for another team either, 1 year loan with an option to buy would be my minimum.
Much prefer Gunn and BPF as my two keeping options to Felix and Lonners :tup: We would certainly have made big strides in that dept over a 12 month period, can't believe Gunn is gettiing Stockdale type money either so leave more wages in the pot for elsewhere.