San Francisco Forty Niners buy 10% of LUFC

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: San Francisco Forty Niners buy 10% of LUFC

Post by The Subhuman »

O line fell apart in the off season though...not good for AJ or Josh. As for the rest of the draft Tremaine is a project but wow what metrics and only 19. I had Harrison Phillips as my number 2 DT if you discount Hurst and the heart problems, nice pick that.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Watched Sky Sports reporting of this...saw the interview with our new board member. He talked a lot about 'The (Leeds United) Brand'. Wanted to help to get this great football club with a history back into the premier league...no quick fix, but would be a long term effort to put Leeds United where they belong...and keep them there. Says he's been over to Leeds 3 times over the past few weeks, and that it's a real possibility that The 49'ers will play at Elland Road next Summer.
What I really wasn't sure about, was when the cameras went to our club shop, next to our home shirt was the San Francisco 49'ers home shirt....and next to our Leeds United peak hat, was a 49'ers club hat....hmmmmm! :duno:
Surely our club shop is just that....OUR club shop!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:27 am Watched Sky Sports reporting of this...saw the interview with our new board member. He talked a lot about 'The (Leeds United) Brand'. Wanted to help to get this great football club with a history back into the premier league...no quick fix, but would be a long term effort to put Leeds United where they belong...and keep them there. Says he's been over to Leeds 3 times over the past few weeks, and that it's a real possibility that The 49'ers will play at Elland Road next Summer.
What I really wasn't sure about, was when the cameras went to our club shop, next to our home shirt was the San Francisco 49'ers home shirt....and next to our Leeds United peak hat, was a 49'ers club hat....hmmmmm! :duno:
Are we a football club anymore Swannie ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Oh behave the pair of you.....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

San Francisco 49ers has superceded the boxing on the O/S now

I'll be watching cricket matches at ER next summer :shock:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

whiteswan wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:27 am Watched Sky Sports reporting of this...saw the interview with our new board member. He talked a lot about 'The (Leeds United) Brand'. Wanted to help to get this great football club with a history back into the premier league...no quick fix, but would be a long term effort to put Leeds United where they belong...and keep them there. Says he's been over to Leeds 3 times over the past few weeks, and that it's a real possibility that The 49'ers will play at Elland Road next Summer.
No difference to have a sponsor on the shirts imo
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No need to buy it either, although good quality gear normally NFL sanctioned products
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:12 am Oh behave the pair of you.....
:angel: :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:33 am No need to buy it either, although good quality gear normally NFL sanctioned products
I assume NFL gear is much better quality gear in comparison to the LUFC merchandise
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Genuine question, Leon, why are you against anything other than football being associated with Leeds United? I myself hate modern football and the whole commercial side of it, but that's where we are these days, and if we don't embrace it, then we'll be left even further behind. Surely third party income generation is a good thing for the club as a whole, anything that provides additional revenue has to be encouraged? Look at all the biggest clubs, they have a global brand that generates millions every year for them and allows them to stay, at least financially, at the top of the pile. We don't have either that level of brand or super-rich owners, so this business model of partnering with other brands, using ER facilities for things other than football seems to me to be a good thing. If funds don't go to the first team then, yes, I'll be shouting loud too, but surely you have to give these initiatives a chance?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:54 pm Someone posted on another forum

"This 9mill is short change and even Rad won't have given up any meaningful control of lufc for it.
Always follow the long game this relationship is all about Asian tv rights and feck all to do with us.
If they wanted into lufc they would have taken 51% plus".

Not my words I hasten to add but he may not be far off the truth

We await & see !
That went through my mind too. 10% of the worth of Leeds can`t be huge. But maybe the 49ers are prepared to invest into the club they now partly own. What would their 10% be worth if we got promoted. Three times as much?
So it mustn`t necessarily be read that they will invest only (investing less would make no sense at all) what they payed for the 10%.
From Radz point I can`t see why he would need to sell 10% if only to generate money (all the more so if the 49ers will only invest the quoted 9 million) for transfers, unless he is financial more impotent than assumed.
(But still a good owner in comparison to the BS we had in the past, foremost Bates and his inept and criminal buddies from GFH.

The near future will tell I guess...
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:48 pm Genuine question, Leon, why are you against anything other than football being associated with Leeds United? I myself hate modern football and the whole commercial side of it, but that's where we are these days, and if we don't embrace it, then we'll be left even further behind. Surely third party income generation is a good thing for the club as a whole, anything that provides additional revenue has to be encouraged? Look at all the biggest clubs, they have a global brand that generates millions every year for them and allows them to stay, at least financially, at the top of the pile. We don't have either that level of brand or super-rich owners, so this business model of partnering with other brands, using ER facilities for things other than football seems to me to be a good thing. If funds don't go to the first team then, yes, I'll be shouting loud too, but surely you have to give these initiatives a chance?
The world is in exponential rate of changing in regard to digital revolution.
The real concern should be these developements...cyborgs the next generation of enhanced humans.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:48 pm Genuine question, Leon, why are you against anything other than football being associated with Leeds United? I myself hate modern football and the whole commercial side of it, but that's where we are these days, and if we don't embrace it, then we'll be left even further behind. Surely third party income generation is a good thing for the club as a whole, anything that provides additional revenue has to be encouraged? Look at all the biggest clubs, they have a global brand that generates millions every year for them and allows them to stay, at least financially, at the top of the pile. We don't have either that level of brand or super-rich owners, so this business model of partnering with other brands, using ER facilities for things other than football seems to me to be a good thing. If funds don't go to the first team then, yes, I'll be shouting loud too, but surely you have to give these initiatives a chance?
Nick I'm not against any type of club utilising their facilities & resources seven days a week to generate funds. There has always been events at Leeds over the years such as concerts, business seminars/conferences, wedding/anniversary parties, Jewish conventions, etc.

This season under Radz we have witnessed

49'ers
Rugby League
Boxing
Myanmar tour
England game imminent
Concerts
Beam back matches
New sponsors
21k season-tickets sold
Regular 30k+ attendances
20 matches on Sky TV

Impressive reading from a business/financial angle

Until I witness a nice chunk of the above revenue going into the first-team where it matters from a fans point of view I shall remain sceptical of our owners motives

I'll be the first to applaud Radz & co once I see the necessary investment on the pitch
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:08 pm Until I witness a nice chunk of the above revenue going into the first-team where it matters from a fans point of view I shall remain sceptical of our owners motives

And that is the point.

All these tie ins and events are great at raising our profile and bringing in cash. But we need to see that invested in a way which will take the club forward on the pitch too. Last season was an experiment, steps were taken to put the right people in the right places behind the scenes, now we need to spend £££ on players with a proven ability to compete at this level.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:25 pm And that is the point.

All these tie ins and events are great at raising our profile and bringing in cash. But we need to see that invested in a way which will take the club forward on the pitch too. Last season was an experiment, steps were taken to put the right people in the right places behind the scenes, now we need to spend £££ on players with a proven ability to compete at this level.
Indeed Adam :tup:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:08 pm Nick I'm not against any type of club utilising their facilities & resources seven days a week to generate funds. There has always been events at Leeds over the years such as concerts, business seminars/conferences, wedding/anniversary parties, Jewish conventions, etc.

This season under Radz we have witnessed

49'ers
Rugby League
Boxing
Myanmar tour
England game imminent
Concerts
Beam back matches
New sponsors
21k season-tickets sold
Regular 30k+ attendances
20 matches on Sky TV

Impressive reading from a business/financial angle

Until I witness a nice chunk of the above revenue going into the first-team where it matters from a fans point of view I shall remain sceptical of our owners motives

I'll be the first to applaud Radz & co once I see the necessary investment on the pitch
And so far, we have no evidence that the monies generated won't go into improving the football side. As I said in my post, I'll be shouting from the rooftops if we don't invest in some quality, but until that happens, I applaud the initiatives that AR is introducing/exploiting. Has the window even officially opened yet?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

A couple of years ago the Niners and us started a "special relationship" Think that was under Cellino, now they appear to own 10% so this maybe just another step to something even bigger.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:56 pmHas the window even officially opened yet?
17th May Nick
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Makes a bit more sense if you see this.

https://www.multichannel.com/news/eleve ... ets-411573

Probably used the money from the sale of his Polish company. La Liga would go down big in the States. I hope there is a bit left over for us.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »