The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 7 June)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 7 June)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Radrizzani stands to make a flat fee of £100,000 from the FA for hosting tonights England game, not to mention revenue earned from hospitality etc.

Not bad for one nights work.

Viera was hailed as the unsung hero for the England U21's last night, as they destroyed Scotland 3-1 to progress for the second year running to the finals.

He was strong, bullish and was always snapping at the heels of his opponants.

Bielsa's location is currently uknown. Could he be on his way to Leeds today?

Hernandez - Could this be imminent?

What about Stockdale - Its looking increasingly likely!

New kit set to be announced!

It's gonna to be a busy couple of days!!!!!

Pick a player

Robbie Fowler or Robbie Keane

and

Aaron Lennon or Robert Snodgrass
Last edited by Ellandback1 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 7 May)

Post by HarryofOz »

Hi EB

Have you gone back in time? :)

Great news about Vieira

I'm waiting for things to happen rather than just be talked about

Too close to call between the Robbies,

Aaron Lennon.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Morning all,

I keep waiting for the big headline either here or on the news but it still isnt happening.

May be the new manager will be at the ground tonight and unveiled at half time!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:25 am Hi EB

Have you gone back in time? :)

Great news about Vieira

I'm waiting for things to happen rather than just be talked about

Too close to call between the Robbies,

Aaron Lennon.
Evening Harry, oooops :-D

Lets just hope Viera keeps it going next season.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Dalton wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:06 am Morning all,

I keep waiting for the big headline either here or on the news but it still isnt happening.

May be the new manager will be at the ground tonight and unveiled at half time!
Morning Dalton, last night on twitter, Bet365 REFUSED to give me odds of Bielsa para-shooting onto the half way line at half time during the England game....

Honestly...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 7 June)

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm going to have to disagree with the Vierra comment I'm afraid, watched the game live (Free Sports on Free Sat carries it. I guess Free Sport appears on other formats too so Saturday for the Final v Mexico) and poorish game from Vierra. Was played a round an awful lot, little in the way of runs off the ball never really commanding the ball, I guess the pass completion will be very high but usually backwards and often with the second touch and no more than a few yards. Tackling was off on those occasions when Scotland ventured into his centre mid area, nipping at heels certainly but seldom winning possession and booked for such. Substituted in the 65th minute ish IIRC

Wouldn't surprise me to see him dropped for the final
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:11 am Morning Dalton, last night on twitter, Bet365 REFUSED to give me odds of Bielsa para-shooting onto the half way line at half time during the England game....

Honestly...
Try Paddy Power! Always remember the Pistorius trial with their posters "Its Oscar time. Your money back if he walks"
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:15 am I'm going to have to disagree with the Vierra comment I'm afraid, watched the game live (Free Sports on Free Sat carries it. I guess Free Sport appears on other formats too so Saturday for the Final v Mexico) and poorish game from Vierra. Was played a round an awful lot, little in the way of runs off the ball never really commanding the ball, I guess the pass completion will be very high but usually backwards and often with the second touch and no more than a few yards. Tackling was off on those occasions when Scotland ventured into his centre mid area, nipping at heels certainly but seldom winning possession and booked for such. Substituted in the 65th minute ish IIRC

Wouldn't surprise me to see him dropped for the final
Morning Faaip, I'd certainly say Cook was a different class though.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Dalton wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:18 am Try Paddy Power! Always remember the Pistorius trial with their posters "Its Oscar time. Your money back if he walks"
:) :) :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:12 am Good Morning Everyone
Radrizzani stands to make a flat fee of £100,000 from the FA for hosting tonights England game, not to mention revenue earned from hospitality etc.
Not bad for one nights work
Good morning Matt

Radz is a shrewd businessman......
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:12 am
Bielsa's location is currently uknown. Could he be on his way to Leeds today?

Hernandez - Could this be imminent?

What about Stockdale - Its looking increasingly likely!

New kit set to be announced!

It's gonna to be a busy couple of days!!!!!
Don't be surprised if it isn't, this is Leeds we are talking about :)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Championship clubs feel the strain as financial gap to Premier League grows by David Conn

The Championship continues to be a financially punishing league, with 19 of the 24 clubs having made losses in 2016-17, according to an analysis of their most recently published accounts by the consultant Deloitte.

The enormous financial gap with the Premier League has for years led Championship clubs to overspend on players’ wages and make losses, in the effort to claim the bonanza of promotion. This is despite financial fair play rules, introduced to try to staunch the losses clubs have historically made in the EFL’s top division.

This week it emerged that Aston Villa have a £4m overdue tax bill and made heavy losses for the second year running, the owner, Tony Xia, having said the club has “severe [FFP] challenges next season” after losing out on promotion to Fulham in the play-off final. In 2016-17, their first season in the Championship, Villa made a £14m loss, following an £81m loss recorded in their 2015-16 relegation year.

Deloitte, in its annual review of football finance, calculated the revenues of 23 Championship clubs – detail at Barnsley is not available because the club files abbreviated accounts – to be £720m in total. That was 16% of the record £4.5bn made by the 20 Premier League clubs in the same year.

The Championship total was swollen by the parachute payments the Premier League makes to relegated clubs, a total of £219m, 30% of the league’s total revenue, received by eight Championship clubs. Clubs relegated before 2016-17 received parachute payments for four years; the system has now changed to three years, with £42m paid in the first season in the Championship, £34m in the second and £16.6m in the third.

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.

However the disparity with the Premier League and internal inequalities with clubs receiving parachute payments mean Championship clubs’ finances are difficult. Burton, Leeds and Reading did record pre-tax profits, as did Nottingham Forest, although this was only because of a £40m credit from the previous owner, the Kuwaiti businessman Fawaz al-Hasawi, waiving a loan as part of the takeover by Evangelos Marinakis.

Of the 19 clubs who made losses, some were heavy, particularly those sustained by the three clubs which won promotion. Newcastle, who received the first year of £42m parachute payments after relegation from the Premier League, gambled for immediate promotion, sustaining a £47m loss. Their wage bill, £112m, was £26m more than its total revenues for the year. Brighton, engaging in another push to make the top flight, also paid wages substantially greater than their revenues and made a loss of £39m. Huddersfield did the same, making a £20m loss.

Whereas in the Premier League, the quality of clubs’ playing squads and finishing position correlates very closely to the wages they pay players, Deloitte commented on the “outperformance” by Championship clubs of their ranking in terms of wages paid. Neither Huddersfield nor Brighton received parachute payments, and the wage bills of both were lower than many others’, with Huddersfield’s, at £21.7m, the Championship’s 15th highest.

Yet Deloitte pointed out that although most clubs rely on the financial support of owners, increasingly overseas investors seeking the windfall of promotion, it is five years since the last Football League club collapsed into insolvency.

“While we have suggested that the changing dynamics of the Championship may promote greater stability in the future, the reality is that it may take some time until this translates to many clubs being able to operate independently of the financial backing of their owners,” the report said.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:33 am Good morning Matt

Radz is a shrewd businessman......
Morning Leon, its certainly looking that way.

Hope its not a mirage or a smoke screen :angel:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:12 amPick a player

Robbie Fowler or Robbie Keane
and
Aaron Lennon or Robert Snodgrass
Robbie Keane

Aaron Lennon
Has to be Lennon for me, remember seeing Aaron playing for England U16's before he made his Leeds debut. Only played around 40 games for Leeds but was a joy to watch, saw him play in his final game for Leeds v Rotherham at ER, a dour game though Lennon was outstanding winning the MOTM award. Much more consistent than Snoddy ever was!
Spurs obviously thought he was good enough for the prem where he made over 250 appearances for the North London club, his downfall was he never scored enough goals in his career
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

DfFcwIpXkAE6iI2.jpg
A little strange.

Tom Peace signing his 4 year deal FROM THE CHAIRMAN'S SUITE AT ER.

Tom's in France with the U21's.

Why choose to release it now?

Are there going to be staggered events happening throughout the day???
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Afternoon all, getting bored waiting for the announcement of a new coach and Hernandez, something smells like it is going wrong
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Morning Ell.

Appreciate making the club extra cash, but id like to see something happen on the pitch soon, some signings be nice.

Big fan of Vieira, so wouldnt surprise me, one we need to keep and build around, will play for the England first team eventually.

Bielsa is in Mexico, there was a picture of him with someone on twitter, not a surprise considering he is meant to be in Mexico lol.

Hoping this GalaScum link is just them taking the piss, but i am concerned, i woudnt actually be overly fussed if we didnt get Bielsa provided we have a solid back up who isnt an old fashioned English manager(Bruce, Big Sam, Pardew, McCarthy etc).

DOnt want stockdale, if he wasnt from Leeds neither would anyone else, unfit and not as good as people say imo.

Robbie Keane and Aaron Lennon.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Richard wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:46 pm Afternoon all, getting bored waiting for the announcement of a new coach and Hernandez, something smells like it is going wrong
Afternoon Richard. My guess is tomorrow will be a BIG day
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:46 pm Morning Ell.

Appreciate making the club extra cash, but id like to see something happen on the pitch soon, some signings be nice.

Big fan of Vieira, so wouldnt surprise me, one we need to keep and build around, will play for the England first team eventually.

Bielsa is in Mexico, there was a picture of him with someone on twitter, not a surprise considering he is meant to be in Mexico lol.

Hoping this GalaScum link is just them taking the piss, but i am concerned, i woudnt actually be overly fussed if we didnt get Bielsa provided we have a solid back up who isnt an old fashioned English manager(Bruce, Big Sam, Pardew, McCarthy etc).

DOnt want stockdale, if he wasnt from Leeds neither would anyone else, unfit and not as good as people say imo.

Robbie Keane and Aaron Lennon.
Afternoon Cjay, even though I had not ever heard of Bielsa a week ago, I really want him....

Don't know why!!!

The more I think about big Mick, the more I think its a bad idea.

Pardew is a big no no; perhaps 5 years ago.

Yeh, Bruce would be a good bet, as would Ranairi or Alladyce.

We're Leeds - we expect a bumpy ride...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:53 pm Afternoon Cjay, even though I had not ever heard of Bielsa a week ago, I really want him....

Don't know why!!!

The more I think about big Mick, the more I think its a bad idea.

Pardew is a big no no; perhaps 5 years ago.

Yeh, Bruce would be a good bet, as would Ranairi or Alladyce.

We're Leeds - we expect a bumpy ride...
Afternoon Ell
Id heard of him, knew a bit about him but not a great deal.

Not sure on Bielsa, there is so much that could go wrong with him, not just his own personality, but the man earned £150k a week at Lille!!!.

We would have to offer him something substantial in some way to even tempt him, just concerned we overstretch ourselves, it all goes wrong and then we are stuck.

I think theyd all be awful ideas lol, perhaps just me.

Alan Pardew- Just one of those managers who bounces from job to job, has good spells here and there but rarely achieves anything of note.

Mick McCarthy- Imagine the fury he would cause if he spoke about Leeds fans like he did about Ipswich, and his footballs dire.

Big Sam- Best of the bunch but he would cost a fortune, football would be poor.

Steve Bruce- Look at Villa.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom