Toulon tournament.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Toulon tournament.

Post by Gandalf »

Congratulations to England U21's winning the Toulon tournament for the second season in a row, beating Mexico 2-1 in the final. Vieira started, Pearce on the bench. Captain Lewis Cook voted 2nd best player of the tournament.
Toulon.jpg
If only Cellino hadn't sold Lewis for peanuts. :verysad:
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Toulon tournament.

Post by 1964white »

Cook was just what we needed in our midfield during Monk's reign, with Lewis in our side we'd have probably at least made the play-offs

Sold far too early :(
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:05 pm Cook was just what we needed in our midfield during Monk's reign, with Lewis in our side we'd have probably at least made the play-offs

Sold far too early :(
I didn't think you were a fan of Cook mate.

Well done to England and nice to see our old and present boys involved. We could have some team now if we were able to hold on to the old boys
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:16 pm I didn't think you were a fan of Cook mate.
There were plenty of "headless chicken" and "no final ball" comments in match day threads. Imagine not thinking that an 18 year old might mature.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Caught the second half of the game....well done young England :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Again poor game from Vierra, second in a row. Lacks the confidence he displays for us..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:36 pm Again poor game from Vierra, second in a row. Lacks the confidence he displays for us..
Didn't see him play faaip, he was subbed just after I switched on.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Watched both the semi and final live, caught the group games in full later. His best game was against Qatar where he scored, surprised that didn't boost his confidence tbh...played very passively
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:16 pm I didn't think you were a fan of Cook mate.
Cook was still maturing & another season at Leeds would have done him good in Monk's team. He was the only player who could get us from box to box quickly although because of his naivety he often did a Saiz where he wasted so many good situations. Spitter is much older & has no excuse for his poor performances
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:36 pm Again poor game from Vierra, second in a row. Lacks the confidence he displays for us..
Is the higher level catching him out Faaip ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No not at all, looks like he just didn't fit for some reason.