Summer Transfers and Squad Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Summer Transfers and Squad Discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

Lonners is going and I don't know how much we have tied up in Felix tbh, not sure of the initial cost or what the buy out would be (4 year contract I think.) Keepers are coachable if they have the basics..and I think he has.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:20 pm Lonners is going and I don't know how much we have tied up in Felix tbh, not sure of the initial cost or what the buy out would be (4 year contract I think.) Keepers are coachable if they have the basics..and I think he has.
He clearly has some fantastic basic goalkeeping skills, shot stopping and distribution, but the he is so poor at dealing with crosses and lacks the physicality to dominate the box, he should go to a less physically sending leauge, where I hope he rediscovers his mojo, but The cahmpionship is nowhere for a keeper like him.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:33 pm He clearly has some fantastic basic goalkeeping skills, shot stopping and distribution, but the he is so poor at dealing with crosses and lacks the physicality to dominate the box, he should go to a less physically sending leauge, where I hope he rediscovers his mojo, but The cahmpionship is nowhere for a keeper like him.
Who? Weidwald?

Agree but it's technique that's letting him down, his positioning is dodgy, I don't think he's that good a shot stopper..yet and his distribution is on a par with BPF imo. Send him out on loan but we're not getting our money back if we sell him and we'd probably have to pay his contract up to release him
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:23 pm Who? Weidwald?

Agree but it's technique that's letting him down, his positioning is dodgy, I don't think he's that good a shot stopper..yet and his distribution is on a par with BPF imo. Send him out on loan but we're not getting our money back if we sell him and we'd probably have to pay his contract up to release him
We bought him for half a mill if I recall correctly we’ll have offers for him, I’m sure his agent has looked for him once Heck had his best moment at Leeds and dropped him for BPF
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Signing Gunn would be a slap in the face to BPF, he deserves a shot at being number one. I'd rather we had experienced cover, Mark Bunn on a free maybe.

James Collins released by West Ham. I definitely think we should be looking at him, experienced leader we're missing at CB.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Newcastle apparently willing to let Adam Armstrong leave permanently.

Be a decent back up option, certainly better then Jerry.

Only just turned 21.

Over 100 career appearances already, League 1 Team of the year at Coventry few years back, scored 20 goals for them when he was on loan aged only 18 19.

9 goals last season for Blackburn.

6 goals when Heckingbottom had him at Barnsley.

Full of pace, can play right across the forward line.

Rather spend a few million on him then someone 4 years older with a worse career goalscoring average in poorer leagues.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Villa apparently will need to sell players and reduce wage bill as parachute payments are being severely lowered.

Adomah
Hogan
Kodjia
Chester
Jedinak

Would all improve us. Problem is wages would be huge, so if we could try and get a couple on loan or smaller fees and reduced wages that would be good.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Matej Vydra being considered, Bielsa is a fan.

Confirmed by Phil Hay so there is something in it.

Good to see we have a plan a, b,c etc.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BPF linked with Wolves.
£4mil reported.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We are linked with a loan move for highly rated Spurs Cb Juan Foyth.

Much as fans want Bartley, quick glance at Spurs forum, they are full of praise for Foyth.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:50 pm BPF linked with Wolves.
£4mil reported.
I was told this by a Wolves fan 2 weeks ago, thought he was taking the pee.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:58 pm I was told this by a Wolves fan 2 weeks ago, thought he was taking the pee.
Push them up to 6mil id let him go tbh.

Seems we want a new gk.

Similar to Green.

More money to sit on Wolves bench then ours?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Every Leeds fan wants a new GK apart from me, let him go for the 4 with a few x's thrown in like resale and international caps He won't be starting here next season and this way we and he gets paid.
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:26 pm Every Leeds fan wants a new GK apart from me, let him go for the 4 with a few x's thrown in like resale and international caps He won't be starting here next season and this way we and he gets paid.
No, I think he deserves his chance, there are 4 other positions more of a priority, the only thing I'd like to see keeper wise is a better back up.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:26 pm Every Leeds fan wants a new GK apart from me
Well, with Felix rumoured to be going to Frankfurt on a free, that leaves us with BPF and Lonergan. As the latter was almost on his way in January, we would need at least one more goalkeeper. Whether that is as first choice or backup remains to be seen. BPF looked OK, but he is without experience. If we could get a quality goalkeeper in, he isn't going to want to sit on the bench. BPF has time on his side, so I wouldn't want to see him sold.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Agree Ges & Gandi :tup: Peacock-Farrell deserves his chance

Why sell him ?
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Reading reportedly bid 7 million for roofe
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:46 pm Agree Ges & Gandi :tup: Peacock-Farrell deserves his chance

Why sell him ?
No reason to sell him if he's our number 1

4 M is a great price if we intend to make him sit on the bench for the next few seasons
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Brader wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:26 am Reading reportedly bid 7 million for roofe
Too cheap...fingers crossed that one is baloney
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Madger Gomes transferred to Sochaux in France, for a small fee.
Last edited by Gandalf on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!