Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:42 pm Keep the faith bit longer mate :)
I'll be there at the games as ever even if our line-up is a pile of dirge masquerading as Leeds United footballers

Attending the York v Leeds friendly in a couple of weeks time
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:25 pm I'll be there at the games as ever even if our line-up is a pile of dirge masquerading as Leeds United footballers

Shining beacon of Macedonian brilliance will be there to cheer you up :shirtw: :clapp: :clape: :scarfe2:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:02 pm Shining beacon of Macedonian brilliance will be there to cheer you up :shirtw: :clapp: :clape: :scarfe2:
:lol: :rol: :roflmao:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Alan Nixon from The Sun saying we are interested in a loan deal for Jordan Hugil.

Pretty underwhelming, average striker, average record.
Signed

King Cjay

hector

Post by hector »

And you believe the sun why??

:)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

hector wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:05 am And you believe the sun why??

:)
Because it is a fountain of knowledge full of the worlds main stories :)
Signed

King Cjay

hector

Post by hector »

Righty Ho Cjay....... :roll:

swift exit left... :) :)
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:25 pm I'll be there at the games as ever even if our line-up is a pile of dirge masquerading as Leeds United footballers

Bootham Crescent was the first football league ground I ever saw a match at :moggy:
hector

Post by hector »

In 1986 I lived on Bootham Terrace for 3 months....
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

hector wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:04 am In 1986 I lived on Bootham Terrace for 3 months....
York is a great place to live Hector. Of the places I've lived (albeit it was village just outside York) it would be the place I'd move back to. But not near the river as the Ouse always seems to flood (or it did in the early/mid 70's)

:moggy:
hector

Post by hector »

Yes I liked York when I lived there albeit temporarily, whilst recovering from injury in 1982, I was posted there to recover, I also lived in Strensall for a short time whilst there. I then went back to my parent unit after I had recovered from my wounds.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Phil Hay saying we are "backing away" from Matej Vydra over his wage demands.

It follows the same pattern as Abel hernandez with over a month of talks coming to nothing.

Bartley and Stockdale gone cold to.

Was genuinely excited about Vydra :cry:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Reports suggesting alternatives include Jonathan Kodjia, Britt Assombalonga and Jordan Hugill.

2 of those very likely to cost more then the reported £11mil transfer fee of Vydra and probably very similar or even higher wage demands given the wages Villa and Boro pay.

The other is a class below Vydra and the 2 above.
Signed

King Cjay

Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:42 pm Phil Hay saying we are "backing away" from Matej Vydra over his wage demands.

It follows the same pattern as Abel hernandez with over a month of talks coming to nothing.

Bartley and Stockdale gone cold to.

Was genuinely excited about Vydra :cry:
I wouldn’t back too far away from it ....I think it’s a tactic to get him to lower his wage demands. Saw it’s rumoured to have been agreed at 30k a week a few weeks back and he’s now asked for 40k a week. Considering how tight lipped the entire club has been with targets I find it odd that this has leaked now - imagine it’s a way of getting his agent to s**t himself and lower his demands. Red flag with regards to how long this has taken.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Brader wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:05 pm I wouldn’t back too far away from it ....I think it’s a tactic to get him to lower his wage demands. Saw it’s rumoured to have been agreed at 30k a week a few weeks back and he’s now asked for 40k a week. Considering how tight lipped the entire club has been with targets I find it odd that this has leaked now - imagine it’s a way of getting his agent to s**t himself and lower his demands. Red flag with regards to how long this has taken.
Hope you're right.

Although i doubt the £30k rumour just because that is widely reported to be his wage at Derby.

If thats the case then i dont blame him for asking for £40k.

Why shouldn't he? Just had a great season, stocks high.

If its true we thought we could buy the leagues top scorer for the same price Derby paid (we wanted to get him for £8mil) and offer him the same wages then we are seriously deluded.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

That is the trouble. We agree a fee and their agent is happy to whore his talent out everywhere trying to get more money, knowing that if he can't get more he can still fall back on this offer. Would imagine it is exactly the same with Hernandez and the agent leaking stories of links to the media to drive up the price.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Think I’m more annoyed that Bartley yo West Brom for 3.5 mill is doing the rounds. If that’s true then bielsa must really not rate him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:52 am Bootham Crescent was the first football league ground I ever saw a match at :moggy:
My grandparents lived in nearby Upper Poppleton & I remember grandad taking me to watch York, Bootham Crescent had a white picket fence surrounding the pitch then.

I saw York before Leeds as a 7yo so BC was my first football ground too Cat :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Brader wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm Think I’m more annoyed that Bartley yo West Brom for 3.5 mill is doing the rounds. If that’s true then bielsa must really not rate him.
Advanced discussions with Swansea apparently
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Brader wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm Think I’m more annoyed that Bartley yo West Brom for 3.5 mill is doing the rounds. If that’s true then bielsa must really not rate him.
Given Bielsa is Argentinian , it maybe that he's never heard of Bartley or knows of better elsewhere - probably the sort of player that's well below Blielsa's radar ( though not Orta ) , however looks like a lot of targets falling by the wayside for one reason or another . Could well see Bielsa doing a runner himself soon if past history anything to go by and potential targets being missed . A lot bandied around a Vydra replacement targets are a bit underwhelming .
Still got bloody OFK on the books as well .