Federer

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Federer

Post by 1964white »

Out of Wimbledon beaten by a giant after being two sets up & at match point :shock:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Federer

Post by The Subhuman »

Not watched any Wimbledon this year, no point.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Damn Leon, I was hoping for his 21st slam - 20 is incredible, but to keep going, especially at his age, makes him so special.

Ironically I was just reading a technical treatise on why his forehand is so good, when I remembered I hadn't checked the Wimbledon scores
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Watched the match today...all flipping however many hours of it. Feds breezed through the first two sets, but then seemed to lose his rythm in the third. I have to say though, that Kevin Anderson played some superb tennis in the last three sets. His physical and mental strength was amazing, he would just not give up and matched, then bettered Federer in the final set. But, as sometimes happens, that just might have been his 'final'....can he rise to play like that again? We will see.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He's the number 8 seed so not entirely a surprise
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"